Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess What......New Werewolf TA Computer Game Announced.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess What......New Werewolf TA Computer Game Announced.

Found this tid-bit of information in my Twitter feed from White-Wolf themselves . https://twitter.com/hashtag/werewolf...lypse?src=hash All I know is that Cyanide and Focus Home will be working on this. Well, I all I can say is that I was there following the development of the original Heart of Gaia & then it was dropped in to Malfeas (Development Hell WW style.) to never picked up again. ​Lets all cross our fingers & hope this one works out. I know the techology is truly with them this time around. None of the experimental wraparound and morphing graphics that I was never really pleased with in the first place. I wonder if any of the origin team from Dreamforge Entertainment. I knew one of them was also a White-Wolf writer as well. So, I had faith in that project. ​Some guy has also redesigned the Logo for Werewolf TA.....

The game was announced a bit over a year ago... we don't know much yet. The initial stuff that was previewed was... mixed response here to say the least.

The new V5 logo was meh to me on a few nitpicky design points. This one I actively dislike (I am not getting their apparent obsession with symbol inserts).

Comment

Werewolf Earthblood, hmm it reminds me something like, Heart of Gaia, you know heart, blood, the next game anouncement will have veins ....

Comment

Love the new logo. The concept art they've shown, the ideas behind the game, and just the simple fact that there IS a new WtA game coming has the vast majority of fans extremely excited.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

ver
          Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
          The game was announced a bit over a year ago... we don't know much yet. The initial stuff that was previewed was... mixed response here to say the least.

The new V5 logo was meh to me on a few nitpicky design points. This one I actively dislike (I am not getting their apparent obsession with symbol inserts).
          Is there a thread with more information about it here?

​I don't recall what I was doing exactly at this time, but right now I was oblivious to any earlier news of the game. I would love to see what was previewed?

​As for the new logo, I don't mind it in it's simplicity, but I see what you mean about sneaking in the symbols of the Wyrm. I do like it otherwise.
          Last edited by Wolf-Man; 02-03-2018, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Story Letter View Post
            Werewolf Earthblood, hmm it reminds me something like, Heart of Gaia, you know heart, blood, the next game anouncement will have veins ....
            ​Earthblood, should I Google that?

Comment

Should I Google Earth Blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post
                Love the new logo. The concept art they've shown, the ideas behind the game, and just the simple fact that there IS a new WtA game coming has the vast majority of fans extremely excited.
                ​SO, is this going ahead, and where can I find out more about this aside from the usual websites already mentioned & for those who have seen anything of Heart of Gaia.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYmiwbO5icc

Comment

There is something here....https://www.vg247.com/2017/02/08/is-...nazi-werewolf/

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf-Man View Post
                    ver

​I don't recall what I was doing exactly at this time, but right now I was oblivious to any earlier news of the game. I would love to see what was previewed?

​As for the new logo, I don't mind it in it's simplicity, but I see what you mean about sneaking in the symbols of the Wyrm. I do like it otherwise.

You will only find chat topics.
                    Here you will find more decent articles

http://gamingbolt.com/werewolf-the-a...a-strong-story

https://www.gamewatcher.com/intervie...nterview/12854

''Absolutely, although we don’t intend to shoehorn you with that outcome as well. There will be other means to gain information. This game doesn’t really judge the player for their actions, although you’ll have to deal with the consequences. Killing, frenzying, and brutality feeds this entity that feeds on sorrow, anger, fears, and rage. It is to say a player that favors combat and frenzying above the other factors will feed that entity and it will create greater enemies that will come after you as a result. It’s sort of how we also incentivize stealth, exploration, and interaction. Although much of this is an action-RPG, we’re designing it to be sort of like a puzzle with multiple solutions. There isn’t one perfect way to play. It will be up to the player to decide which situation calls for brutality or other less violent measures.''
                    Last edited by Story Letter; 02-03-2018, 01:22 PM.

Comment

​SO, is this going ahead, and where can I find out more about this aside from the usual websites already mentioned & for those who have seen anything of Heart of Gaia.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYmiwbO5icc

Not much news beyond what you've already seen.

Though with the release of the new logo, they did say more info would be coming this month.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

Probably not worth reading everything (gets into a whole debate about Ronin):

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...pse-video-game

AFAIK, we haven't heard anything new since then.

As for the new logo, I don't mind it in it's simplicity, but I see what you mean about sneaking in the symbols of the Wyrm. I do like it otherwise.
                        It's actually more complicated than the average WtA logo, since unlike VtM, WtA usually stuck to the same font save for a special W.

The annoys me about this one?

1) Three different fonts for no reason I can grasp. I don't get what, at all, the spray-paint stencil 'erewolf' is meant to imply, I really don't like crazy fonts for logos; comic sans and papyrus get mocked a lot for reasons.

2) Is the fancy W claw marks or spray-paint? It has the notches WtA uses to denote imperfections in claw glyphs, and spray-paint splatter... so someone did claw mark spray-paint stencils and included claw imperfections for some reason? Why?

3) It's not even a symbol of the Wyrm. It's just the symbol for 'war.' The Beast of War glyph is different, and the Apocalypse glyph is different, and the Wyrm glyph is different (though all related). At least the VtM one used the VtM stylized ankh as something that's a very prominent symbol in that game line.

Edit:

Also, I can't get it out of my head thanks to the 'primitive' font used for Apocalypse, that the war glyph makes it look like 'Ap@calypse'
                        Last edited by Heavy Arms; 02-03-2018, 05:58 PM.

Comment

So, I was thinking about stuff I like to see in the game that best shows off what Werewolf TA is about in as best as can be shown in computer game.

​Original characters from the very beginning. Like Lord/King Albrecht, Mari Cabra (The Kickboxing Theurge ) & Evan Heals the Past. Among others I can't recall. If it's too awkward to have them as the game avatars, then maybe just cameos for your protagonist player to meet up with later. A choice between male and female characers and Gifts that make sense to the veteran Werewolf TA player & too a gamer as well.

​Perhaps shape shifting is scripted in the campaign/quest games, but fully under your control (Or as best under your control depending on the weather.) online free for alls.

​That would be a great start, anybody disagree?

​(Thanks for your help.)
                          Last edited by Wolf-Man; 02-03-2018, 05:41 PM.

Comment

I don't think we need the canon NPCs to really be part of a video game for it to communicate WtA well. Esp. given the nature of WtA, Albrecht and his pack showing up means, "you don't matter now, they all completely out class you and will solve everything, go do whatever side quest they can't be bothered to deal with." Something VtM:B does really well, is that if you've never read a VtM book, you can't tell which NPCs are cameo inserts, and which aren't. I've talked to people that were surprised at how few of them actually are. It's way easier to work in a character like Mephi Faster-than-Death, since he can easily occupy a similar position as Beckett in VtM: a very knowledgeable guy that frequently travels alone for his own reasons, and thus sometimes needs help from the locals.

Shape-shifting voluntarily to aid in different approaches to quests is definitely essential; though the previews so far seem like we're getting three of them instead of five. I can concede the possible need for game-play, but WtA without five forms... is just strange. Something that heavily defines the unique WtA approach is that werewolves have largely voluntary shifting, and five distinct forms. The effort of making Glabro and Hispo worth using can be very hard to pull off, so it isn't an absolute deal breaker for me, but I would love at least some nod to this (like your character is flawed and can't take those two forms, but they show up for NPCs).

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
                              I don't think we need the canon NPCs to really be part of a video game for it to communicate WtA well. Esp. given the nature of WtA, Albrecht and his pack showing up means, "you don't matter now, they all completely out class you and will solve everything, go do whatever side quest they can't be bothered to deal with." Something VtM:B does really well, is that if you've never read a VtM book, you can't tell which NPCs are cameo inserts, and which aren't. I've talked to people that were surprised at how few of them actually are. It's way easier to work in a character like Mephi Faster-than-Death, since he can easily occupy a similar position as Beckett in VtM: a very knowledgeable guy that frequently travels alone for his own reasons, and thus sometimes needs help from the locals.

Shape-shifting voluntarily to aid in different approaches to quests is definitely essential; though the previews so far seem like we're getting three of them instead of five. I can concede the possible need for game-play, but WtA without five forms... is just strange. Something that heavily defines the unique WtA approach is that werewolves have largely voluntary shifting, and five distinct forms. The effort of making Glabro and Hispo worth using can be very hard to pull off, so it isn't an absolute deal breaker for me, but I would love at least some nod to this (like your character is flawed and can't take those two forms, but they show up for NPCs).
                              ​I thought of that as well, and what time line might used. Before Apocalypse or After. I would prefer before that time and maybe even before Jonas became King. As for unbalances the fairness of game play, I don't think the brief appearance wouldn't hurt. Just passing through, maybe a audience with him if he did become King. Although I see your view and won't argue this further. Might be cool to see Ryan the original lead from Heart of Gaia as a Easter egg.

​As for shapeshifting, the Devs who worked on Heart of Gaia saw some flaws with letting the player use this ability any time they liked not matter what and found it too much of exploit that could ruin the direction of the game plot. So, I think they decided to fix it (As they saw fit!) and only have Ryan changing from Human to Wolf-Man or Wolf and Vice-Versa in the cinematics. I know this takes away a lot from the game as well, and might be a contributing factor in why it ended the way it did. They're demo videos of the morphing tech in action , which I even found a little meh a the time, but I think they were saving that for the free for all mods in multiplayer. Like you, I would love full control over this feature & have all five forms to deal with friends (Hominid, Near Man or Lupine (Better for running & evasion. Only attacking if with a pack of Wolves or Dogs.) .) & (Dire (Best fighting from ever, but also weapons are definitely not in.) & Crinos, best for fighting big boss's & all out battles.) foes. This idea is cleaner on paper, but really messy in the world of the computer game. So, I see it both ways here. Glabro can still pass for human, but not up close, & Hispo as the best Dex bonus, but without weapons unless they are prepared to allow enough of partial transformation to over come that obstacle. That might just not be allowed at all. For me, I would either like to see every Garou using this or none at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X