Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess What......New Werewolf TA Computer Game Announced.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess What......New Werewolf TA Computer Game Announced.

Found this tid-bit of information in my Twitter feed from White-Wolf themselves . https://twitter.com/hashtag/werewolf...lypse?src=hash All I know is that Cyanide and Focus Home will be working on this. Well, I all I can say is that I was there following the development of the original Heart of Gaia & then it was dropped in to Malfeas (Development Hell WW style.) to never picked up again. ​Lets all cross our fingers & hope this one works out. I know the techology is truly with them this time around. None of the experimental wraparound and morphing graphics that I was never really pleased with in the first place. I wonder if any of the origin team from Dreamforge Entertainment. I knew one of them was also a White-Wolf writer as well. So, I had faith in that project. ​Some guy has also redesigned the Logo for Werewolf TA.....

• NEN
    replied
    Originally posted by Ana Mizuki View Post

Plus, this isn't helped by the fact that we have no idea why Heart of Gaia failed, when Redemption got through fine.
    As it was said, ASC Games went bankrupt, they were the publishers of WTA - The Heart of Gaia
    and the developers, DreamForge, weren't able to find a new publisher, so, they had to cancel the game.

The person who uploaded the cutscenes contacted one of the developers around that time and he gave him all those videos along with other things
    and it seems they were so frustrated that the game had to be cancelled,
    that it was a luck he provided those videos, beyond that, he no longer wanted to talk about it again or cooperate even more.

The WTA video game which was being developed by Capcom, it's the one we don't know why it was cancelled,
    only clue, it's Capcom closed their U.S. studio back then, so, perhaps that was based on a major decision they had to do and it's not related to WTA.

Originally posted by Nail Eater View Post

On the other hand W:tA game for Sega Saturn ended as complete full version (someone even uploaded it somewhere so it could be possibly played with an emulator).
    Don't remember any full version, there was only the prototype, which it can be played with very little to do and the game just crashes on certain points,
    I tried that game several years ago and today, I was able to find again the Sega Saturn room, the link now works, I tried to find it 2 years ago and it didn't work back then.

If anybody is interested. here it is: http://hiddenpalace.org/Werewolf_(Ju...1996_prototype)

That website looks different from the 1st time I had visited it to get the prototype, now, it has the wiki type design. The file is about 38mb
    and the rar contains a .bin and a .cue file inside.

Leave a comment:

• Fat Larry
    replied
    Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
    In the end it doesn't matter to whether or not Earthblood is a good game.
    It does. It matters to me.

Bloodlines was a financial disaster that received fuck all in post release support by the devs. Thanks in part to its strong community of mods, 15 years later, I'm still playing it. I've seen two Werewolf games die before release. If I can just get one; one GOOD WtA game, then I'd be extremely satisfied.

I'd love for it to be a financial success, too; especially if it's a good game.

I'm not concerned for the marketing, just yet. As others have said, it was clear they wanted Bloodlines 2 closely intertwined with V5. I'm sure that Earthblood will get a big push as well a few months after Bloodlines 2 has punctured a few million gamers' necks.
    Last edited by Fat Larry; 03-24-2019, 10:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Frontline989
    replied

Most likely, because of the WtA videogame history so far. Compared to Vampire (Or, heck, HUNTER) WtA has gotten snubbed time and again. So it being the the first game to be announced proper might have been an effort to draw the WtA fans to the WW/Paradox side.
    Which is a shame really since I feel WTA lends itself more to a video game format than VTM from a thematic level. Its not to say that people shouldn't be trying to make VTM games since obviously there are very successful VTM games. Werewolf has a lot of potential, im just not confident we'll ever get a solid game in the WTA universe. Time will tell.

Leave a comment:

• Nail Eater
    replied
    Plus, this isn't helped by the fact that we have no idea why Heart of Gaia failed, when Redemption got through fine.
    If I remember correctly ASC Games went bankrupt. It happens. On the other hand W:tA game for Sega Saturn ended as complete full version (someone even uploaded it somewhere so it could be possibly played with an emulator) and the support for Saturn was withdrawn so maybe there is a W:tA video game curse. Or Wyrm acted, using Tellus .

Leave a comment:

• Nail Eater
    replied
    Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post
    (to hopefully coincide with W5).
    To create World of Darkness version of Bloodwars ?

Leave a comment:

• Nail Eater
    replied

Most likely, because of the WtA videogame history so far. Compared to Vampire (Or, heck, HUNTER) WtA has gotten snubbed time and again. So it being the the first game to be announced proper might have been an effort to draw the WtA fans to the WW/Paradox side.
    You may be right about this blackout. The lack of information will make us think "what the heck is going on" so when we hear that game is finished our howl of joy and glory be so loud that the entire world will hear it .

Leave a comment:

• Ana Mizuki
    replied
    That's not really a great explanation though. Again, announcing early that they contracted out a WtA game? Good. Doing a bunch of previrew press that early out? Not good. Reactions like Story Letter's are completely predictable if you do press that's normally indicative of a game that'll be out soon and you're going to be doing real demos for soon, and then it's still years away from that.
    Literally the only reason I can think of is the hype/smoke screen for VTMB2. The creators cannot be ignorant of the abysmal luck WtA games have had, so hyping Earthblood up with no concrete proof of success makes no sense unless it was to distract people.

But, again, doing it with a WtA game? Either they had expected the game to be finished faster OR they were going to rely on the fact that WtA games just tend to fail. If you did it with a Mage or a Changeling game, there might be more uproar.

Leave a comment:

• Heavy Arms
    replied
    In the end it doesn't matter to whether or not Earthblood is a good game. It matters a lot to its financial success (and the knock on effects on things like game support and more WtA games). It's especially going to matter because Earthblood is currently scheduled to come out right after Bloodlines 2, while Bloodlines 2 has a lot of fresh hype, seems to have a much larger marketing budget (they did the whole Tender thing), and Earthblood sacrificed a lot of hype potential already.

WtA getting a great game in Earthblood that lands with a thud because of marketing mismanagement? It matters to the health of the game post-release.

Leave a comment:

• Fat Larry
    replied
    None of that matters if we get some gameplay footage and trailers of Earthblood this Summer, with a proposed release of Summer 2020(to hopefully coincide with W5).

Especially if the game is good.

Leave a comment:

• Heavy Arms
    replied
    That's not really a great explanation though. Again, announcing early that they contracted out a WtA game? Good. Doing a bunch of previrew press that early out? Not good. Reactions like Story Letter's are completely predictable if you do press that's normally indicative of a game that'll be out soon and you're going to be doing real demos for soon, and then it's still years away from that.

Leave a comment:

• Ana Mizuki
    replied
    The problem is a high end videogame can easily take 5 years to make without major issues (like a company getting bought by another in the middle of it, however smoothly that went) coming up.

You can't keep hype going for that long for both practical design reasons, and human psychology reasons.

So traditionally made videogames don't do a lot of press until later in the process. That way things are nailed down, and you can promote things that will actually be in the final game without minimal changes. This is exactly what they did with Bloodlines 2. Despite the fact they we had confirmation that it was being developed along side V5, beyond talk of transmedia stuff, WW/Paradox never let it slip they were working on it until they were ready to start teasing it.

Earthblood looks more like a Kickstarter. A lot of early hype to get people excited (for the purpose of getting funding), and then a really long silent period after because people are working on the game. A period were fan dissatisfaction over the lack of obvious progress and news is extremely predictable, but there's little to actually do about it besides endure and create. Then you hope when it's done and out, everyone's happy with the results and you draw most of the people back in.

So the question is... why are they doing this to Earthblood? Why didn't they just say, "We contracted out WtA for a videogame, please remember that this is the start of the process and it will be sometime before we can release exciting preview material. We're also hoping to have it coincide with W5." Fun bit of news, but everyone than puts it on the back burner because you know it'll take a few years at best to happen. Fans smile, and then when the teasers or ARGs or whatever start know things are actually going to happen. But Earthblood got way more press than that... over it basically just being a thing that was contracted out with same basic ideas for what it's going to be.

Leave a comment:

• Heavy Arms
    replied
    The problem is a high end videogame can easily take 5 years to make without major issues (like a company getting bought by another in the middle of it, however smoothly that went) coming up.

You can't keep hype going for that long for both practical design reasons, and human psychology reasons.

So traditionally made videogames don't do a lot of press until later in the process. That way things are nailed down, and you can promote things that will actually be in the final game without minimal changes. This is exactly what they did with Bloodlines 2. Despite the fact they we had confirmation that it was being developed along side V5, beyond talk of transmedia stuff, WW/Paradox never let it slip they were working on it until they were ready to start teasing it.

Earthblood looks more like a Kickstarter. A lot of early hype to get people excited (for the purpose of getting funding), and then a really long silent period after because people are working on the game. A period were fan dissatisfaction over the lack of obvious progress and news is extremely predictable, but there's little to actually do about it besides endure and create. Then you hope when it's done and out, everyone's happy with the results and you draw most of the people back in.

So the question is... why are they doing this to Earthblood? Why didn't they just say, "We contracted out WtA for a videogame, please remember that this is the start of the process and it will be sometime before we can release exciting preview material. We're also hoping to have it coincide with W5." Fun bit of news, but everyone than puts it on the back burner because you know it'll take a few years at best to happen. Fans smile, and then when the teasers or ARGs or whatever start know things are actually going to happen. But Earthblood got way more press than that... over it basically just being a thing that was contracted out with same basic ideas for what it's going to be.

Leave a comment:

• Story Letter
    replied
    Originally posted by Nail Eater View Post

Hope that you are wrong (and I don't like saying people that they are wrong).
    Actually, I checked yesterday the new WoD site and the Werewolf PC game is still announced there, also got also Fat Larry 's message of late Big Ben statements.
    I hope myself I am wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Nail Eater
    replied
    Originally posted by Story Letter View Post
    Guess What......New Werewolf TA Computer Game Announced.... it will never come out !
    Hope that you are wrong (and I don't like saying people that they are wrong).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X