Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heinrich View Post
    Is there a source for either claim?
    There's nothing direct. However the breeding rules in Revised and W20 both do not modify the rules based on Tribe. KABA talks plenty about cross-Tribal pairings being a thing that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by PunkManiak View Post
      The biggest reason I can think of, that would convince them to take him in, is his backgrounds. 3 in Pure Breed, 3 in Ancestors, and 1 in Spirit Heritage. He’s clearly the Alpha’s kid, so what would they do?
      What about the Auspice of the cub? That's something that could affect the Get's acceptance. They probably won't fight as hard to claim a Ragabash.

Comment

Illithid He’s a physically impressive, beautiful, sharp-witted, and intelligent (4s in all Physicals, Appearance and Wits, and a 3 in Intelligence) Ahroun.

I think the Get would want the Cub.

Comment

Fenris calls to his own. You want to have some Glasswalker cousins? Sure why not. It seems simple enough that when he changed some brood of fenris shows up and is sitting there saying "Mine" this shit happens.

If you are an uncontrollable monster, well the Fenris will break you of this problem. Or you will die gloriously for Gaia.. possibly both!

Comment

Illithid He’s a physically impressive, beautiful, sharp-witted, and intelligent (4s in all Physicals, Appearance and Wits, and a 3 in Intelligence) Ahroun.
            I think that the Glass Walkers would have to put up a strong fight to keep it. And the Father's Claim (as Garou) would be much stronger than the Mother's (as Kin)
            The maternal link could possibly get the Cub a bit of leeway for liking technology.

A smart Alpha or Sept Leader (or Head of the Tribe in the area) for both the Get and Glasswalkers should leverage this for better inter tribe relationships. Just like having two royals from different countries can help relations because their child is part of both.

Comment

Originally posted by heinrich View Post
              Er, sorry, did you just not control yourself and kill my sister during seasonal party rite, where kinfolk is in attendance like every year. And you think dishonour is your problem? Wait, until my true born Rage 7 Ahroun little brother hears about this and makes his frenzy roll...

Yes, circumstances can vary. The Kin could have powerful relatives, good connection, etc. The offender would be punished, but not thrown away for one occasion. I find it more likely that he'd have to make repentance, trade his kinfolks, suffer some painful consequences, but the War goes on & the Apocalypse glooms nearer and nearer.

What comes in to my mind: Gets one of the most family-loving (with harsh love, I admit) Tribe. I think that action would negatively affect the chances to become the member of that Tribe.

Comment

heinrich I was meaning more in response to your reply to Lachdanan. If his mom was your sister, that would technically make the lad your nephew. And even though you might still have affection for him, you likely wouldn’t allow him to stay living among you and your people. Hence, why I can see him being sent off to live with his father among the Get.
                Ah, I hadn't really read the "killed his mother" part, just answered to Lachdanan's "Killing Kinfolk? Who Cares?"-statement, I mistook for a general statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Lachdanan View Post
                  Yes, circumstances can vary. The Kin could have powerful relatives, good connection, etc. The offender would be punished, but not thrown away for one occasion. I find it more likely that he'd have to make repentance, trade his kinfolks, suffer some painful consequences, but the War goes on & the Apocalypse glooms nearer and nearer.

What comes in to my mind: Gets one of the most family-loving (with harsh love, I admit) Tribe. I think that action would negatively affect the chances to become the member of that Tribe.
                  While certain garou believe their non-garou relatives to be their possession and therefore something that they can order around, give away or be taken from them, that isn't really the case in most septs anymore. Sure, there are garou and kin raised and therefore indoctrinated with that believe like that, but kinfolk outnumber garou at about 9:1 and they have contact with media, humans, liberal garou like the Children of Gaia, and of course other kinfolk. So, the majority of kinfolk that are in the fold choose to live alongside and assist the garou. They have free will. So, sure, you can tell me, that because my cousin killed a girl from that other family I have to go and live with them as a "Wergeld"-like retribution, but maybe I don't care. I plan to be an environmental lawyer to server Gaia and the Sept, and therefore I'll go to college and do my own thing. Sure, you could force me, but do you really want to...?

In former times, when the family dynamics and the needs of family bonds and numbers were more important to survive as a family clan, the circumstances might have been different and garou and kinfolk alike were different in their opinions and values and self awareness. There something like 'trade of kinfolk' would have been more likely.

Comment

Is your cub at 1 dot in all the other attributes?

Comment

Working...
                    X