Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corax-Can join packs with Garou?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Corax-Can join packs with Garou?

    I need official word on this if possible.
    Can a Corax enter into a pack with a group of Garou and use the Pack's totem?

    If yes, what happens to the Corax's connection to Raven? Does Raven reclaim the Corax immediately after the pack dissolves?

  • #2
    IIRC, the answer is no. They can, and occasionally do, hang around Garou packs for one reason or another, but don't gain any sort of connection to the Pack totem or anything.


    What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

    Comment


    • #3
      There's is a comment in changing ways, page 31.....What of oddities such as the kganmadi and sentai (mixed-Fera ‘packs’) of Africa and Asia? Those few werewolves who have been members of both traditional packs and one of these more unusual arrangements report that a mixed-Fera environment doesn’t provide quite the benison to Rage that they experience in the company of other werewolves. On the other hand, the spirit-bond of a shared totem and communal camaraderie does a fair job of satisfying a werewolf’s need for community and socializing, even if the particulars of getting along with talkative ravens and bitter hyenas from day to day may prove aggravating.......
      This appears to suggest that Garou and Ravens can Pack.

      Comment


      • #4
        spirit-bond of a shared totem + talkative ravens

        If an official could please comment, it would be greatly appreciated

        Comment


        • #5
          Page 212 of the Changing Breeds 20 under Totems. It specifies that rites do exist to allow for multi-Fera packs such as the Ahadi's Rite of the Joined Circle (the rite is written up on page 266). The Beast Courts have a similar rite, and it talks about how Mokole remember others (so you can build your own or just use the Joined Circle). It states that even Corax and Ghural can join a pack in this method BUT they lose Raven and Bear's patronage for the new Totem.

          Comment


          • #6
            That sounds like about as good a question as "Can transgender join fraternities?" it's a can of worms that will get a wild variety of answers depending on the shapeshifters involved. Tribes that allow it will contain packs that won't. Packs that want to allow it will exist within tribes that won't. A lot of Corax won't be a good fit for even the most liberal packs. If there were a universal, canonical answer, it would annoy me.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mr. Sluagh View Post
              That sounds like about as good a question as "Can transgender join fraternities?" it's a can of worms that will get a wild variety of answers depending on the shapeshifters involved. Tribes that allow it will contain packs that won't. Packs that want to allow it will exist within tribes that won't. A lot of Corax won't be a good fit for even the most liberal packs. If there were a universal, canonical answer, it would annoy me.

              The OP was only asking in canon if it was possible, not if all Corax will or if all Garou will. The Cannon answer according to the Changing Breeds 20 is yes, canon wise it is possible.

              The difference between the old English teacher joke "Can I go to the bathroom?" vs "may I go to the bathroom". Corax "can" join, but that doesn't mean they may.
              Last edited by CeltSPZ; 04-18-2018, 08:15 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by CeltSPZ View Post


                The OP was only asking in canon if it was possible, not if all Corax will or if all Garou will. The Cannon answer according to the Changing Breeds 20 is yes, canon wise it is possible.

                The difference between the old English teacher joke "Can I go to the bathroom?" vs "may I go to the bathroom". Corax "can" join, but that doesn't mean they may.
                Thank you, yes. I'm not seeking opinion or fluff. Just the facts. The quote from the book examples the scenario, what I would like to see is a staff answer.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Zeno1Gias View Post

                  Thank you, yes. I'm not seeking opinion or fluff. Just the facts. The quote from the book examples the scenario, what I would like to see is a staff answer.
                  The chances of getting a "staff" answer are pretty slim at the moment. The quite from CB20 is canonical fact so you can take it from there.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I would summarize the answer as "Yes, but if you start out in a western garou pack, you'll have to work for it."

                    And yeah, getting "official" answers is rather unlikely around here.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Cifer View Post
                      I would summarize the answer as "Yes, but if you start out in a western garou pack, you'll have to work for it."

                      And yeah, getting "official" answers is rather unlikely around here.

                      I would disagree. I would say "no, but there's something equivalent" since you'd have to go and learn a whole separate rite for it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Which falls under "work for it".

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cifer View Post
                          Which falls under "work for it".

                          I think we have very different definitions there. To me no amount of work will transition a Garou pack into a fera accepting group. While the characters might go out and learn the new rite it would require them breaking the old pack and making a new thing that includes the corax.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Personally, I like the idea of giving Corax a variation of the Tagalong gift as fairly common.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X