Rage Across Google Maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rage Across Google Maps

The last game I was in had a huge protectorate, spanning most of the Olympic Peninsula in the United States. Given the vast distances between sites of interest, important places on the bawn, and the scope of the bawn itself, I set up a custom Google map to give us all a better idea of where things were. This worked out pretty well, so I added Septs that the various characters had originated from, since visions had called Garou to the Olympics from all over. And that got me thinking on a larger scale...

I give you Rage Across Google Maps, a map reference of Septs and Caerns across the World of Darkness.

I'm still combing through books and making additions. Once I've finished with Garou territories, I'll see about Fera. The map is intended as a visual aid for storytellers and players alike, and all location entries should have their source cited so you know what book to open to learn more about that site. If there a book or page number missing, please let me know so I can fix it.

Now THIS! Is frikken Awesome! thank you!
    Will there be an option maybe for active werewolf games to get their dot on your map?

Comment

Originally posted by Darling_Rose
      Will there be an option maybe for active werewolf games to get their dot on your map?
      Yep! It's my intention to start on unofficial/non-book locations after all of the official ones are up, in a separate map layer. I'll probably also add permanent major Moon Bridges once I run out of other stuff to add.

The site I made to host this map and the glyphs keeps going down, but theoretically it will have a submission form for custom locations once I'm ready for those. Alternatively (or maybe additionally) I'll use this thread for gathering submissions.

There are some historical and lost Caerns that I'm deciding how to add, like the ones from Croatan Song. Not a lot of specific-location information available on them for obvious reasons...

Comment

I'm looking forward to the glyph library you mentioned as well in the other thread. I had someone helping me out with a map of Euthanatos tradition ranges once. Dunno whatever happened to it.

Comment

Sounds like it's time to start a new one! The maps lite (what I'm using) is free and while it doesn't have a massive amount of options like pro, it's been getting the job done. It'd be really neat to see important sites in each of the genres.

Comment

I had a quick and rough google map done up of all Canon Kindred Domains (Sabbat/Camarilla/Indy as well as some Dark Ages) a bit back. I'll see can I dig it out and share it if you're interested in the data.

Comment

Thanks for the post, this is certainly helpful...

Comment

Originally posted by Obyrne View Post
                I had a quick and rough google map done up of all Canon Kindred Domains (Sabbat/Camarilla/Indy as well as some Dark Ages) a bit back. I'll see can I dig it out and share it if you're interested in the data.
                This would be incredibly useful.

Call me Remi. Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakecen-Sings View Post
                  But theoretically it will have a submission form for custom locations once I'm ready for those. Alternatively (or maybe additionally) I'll use this thread for gathering submissions.

There are some historical and lost Caerns that I'm deciding how to add, like the ones from Croatan Song. Not a lot of specific-location information available on them for obvious reasons...
                  Also, what's your stance on caerns from Magazine adventures? I know the ones from White Wolf Magazine and Inphobia Magazine should be fine, but I know of a few from Non-White Wolf Magazines (Shadis Magazine had a caern located near the La Brea Tar Pits, Valkyrie Magazine had a ton of CWOD adventures, etc.). As well as caerns from White Wolf novels and anthologies?

I have a old list of caerns and locations that I did for the Rage CCG fourms to use for the sources on cards, it hasn't been updated in a long time (So it doesn't have anything from W20 books).
                  It should have page numbers and book titles, so you can quickly look them up. If anything is wrong since I haven't updated the list in a long time, let me know too.

Rage CCG Collector and Artist. Visit the Rage CCG Forums.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

This would be incredibly useful.
                    Will see can I dig it out so.

Originally posted by Laughing Hyena View Post
                    I have a old list of caerns and locations that I did for the Rage CCG fourms to use for the sources on cards, it hasn't been updated in a long time (So it doesn't have anything from W20 books).
                    It should have page numbers and book titles, so you can quickly look them up. If anything is wrong since I haven't updated the list in a long time, let me know too.
                    Super quick correction/info for you - Brugh Na Boinne Caern is the Tri-Spiral. It's a misspelling of Brú na Bóinne. Worst location for a Caern ever :P

Comment

Originally posted by Obyrne View Post

Super quick correction/info for you - Brugh Na Boinne Caern is the Tri-Spiral. It's a misspelling of Brú na Bóinne. Worst location for a Caern ever :P
                      Well its actually no more stupid than the caern at Washington monument park or the one at central park. Infact if we just leave out of equation the fact that bru na Boinne is a world heritage-site and a huge tourist magnet -which never would be so in OWoD for obvious reasons that its a major caern. though more realistic option is that the caern would have been discovered and destroyed long ago instead of being a scenario in apocalypse.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Fox View Post

Well its actually no more stupid than the caern at Washington monument park or the one at central park. Infact if we just leave out of equation the fact that bru na Boinne is a world heritage-site and a huge tourist magnet -which never would be so in OWoD for obvious reasons that its a major caern. though more realistic option is that the caern would have been discovered and destroyed long ago instead of being a scenario in apocalypse.
                        I'm more than happy to compromise with "one of the worst locations ever for a Caern". :P

That said, the world-heritage-site is just the tip of the iceberg for problems with it. Everything from the location (inside the Pale), to the history associated with it (wrong time period and culture), to the wide open countryside surrounding it, is wrong for a Fianna Caern. It's especially iffy given there's a lot of non-world-heritage sites that match the mythology better and aren't even mentioned (Emhain Macha for example).

Basically the best reason we can locally figure for its choice is someone saw a tourist brochure and went "that's Irish...that'll do".

Comment

Originally posted by Laughing Hyena View Post

Also, what's your stance on caerns from Magazine adventures? I know the ones from White Wolf Magazine and Inphobia Magazine should be fine, but I know of a few from Non-White Wolf Magazines (Shadis Magazine had a caern located near the La Brea Tar Pits, Valkyrie Magazine had a ton of CWOD adventures, etc.). As well as caerns from White Wolf novels and anthologies?

I was originally going with an "as long as they are official and have a stat bloc" stance, but I realized even that wasn't necessary. So my stance is, instead, "as long as it is canon or officially sanctioned" because I can at least mention them even if no other information is known. (Like with the Sept of the Night Sky, the bane in my ass. Did you know that in World of Rage it mentions the Sept being near the Danube in northern Hungary? Do you know where Wallachia/Romania isn't? And that's the only more-specific information I've found so far. Why you do this me, White Wolf.) So, if the content in the magazines became canon, like how Dragon magazine was for WotC, then I'll those to the official layer. Otherwise, I'll just put them in the custom layer with the others.

Long story short, they'll be added one way or another, it just changes what their header will be.

The only ones I'm not going to add at the moment, or will at least be saving for last, are Caerns that give me no locational information at all. Sept of the Night Sky at least gives me a country, I guess. Haha.

That list of yours is very helpful, thank you for sharing it!

Comment

Rage Across the World has alot of caern and sept locations. In case nobody mentioned it.

Comment

This is one of the most useful things ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X