How to Knock Out a Garou?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Knock Out a Garou?

If you were a wannabe skin dancer what methods would you employ (other than simply shooting them a lot which can be a bit obvious to others) to stealthily take out, knock out or otherwise subdue your garou victims prior to skinning them? You can assume that they're in homid form if it helps.

Cinematic Chloroform? Drugs? Alcohol? Poison?

Poison or Chloroform is a bad idea because toxin resistance is a super common power. I say hit them with a rock, a big rock.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

if I were a would be skindancer I'd wait for my relatives to come home with a whole bunch of agg or similar situations then attack.

Comment

Impractical: silver-edged bear traps. Shift into other forms and the Garou only gets hurt more.

Practical: let them get drunk in homid and then smother them in their sleep.
        Last edited by The Laughing Stranger; 05-10-2018, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
          if I were a would be skindancer I'd wait for my relatives to come home with a whole bunch of agg or similar situations then attack.
          Not viable because you need to kill them during specific Moonphases. So you would have to arrange such situations. Or just stalk a group and hope they get killed during the desired days.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
            Not viable because you need to kill them during specific Moonphases. So you would have to arrange such situations. Or just stalk a group and hope they get killed during the desired days.

Right whole packs tend to be badly wounded together.

Comment

Don't they have to be awake to activate a gift - Resist Toxin? Get them in their sleep.
              You could beat it into incapacitated, in theory. Just doing a lot of damage with club style weapons and hope it doesn't rage to "Remain Active" every time you but it down again.
              Find a Spirit to help put them to sleep or incapacitate them, maybe a Wyrm fetish cudgel that a Skindancer could create to help those seeking the change.

Comment

I find it unclear if resist toxin is activated consciously or a reactive roll, that would even work while asleep. I tend to think the latter. Also, it is a tribal gift for Bonegnawer, Fianna and Bunyip. So if you try to catch someone else, chances are good that you will succeed. Unless you come up against a Stargazer, who does Yoga Rites regularly and therefore has poison resistance.

Bashing damage will do the trick. If you reach incapacitated with bashing you go unconscious and back to breed, which for Lupus and Homid means no regenerating the bashing within a round, therefore the garou stays Incapacitated for a bit.

Besides that asphyxiation, like strangulation or sucking the air oxygen out if a room, will do the trick.

There is a sleep sand fetish, iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by heinrich View Post

Bashing damage will do the trick. If you reach incapacitated with bashing you go unconscious and back to breed, which for Lupus and Homid means no regenerating the bashing within a round, therefore the garou stays Incapacitated for a bit.

Besides that asphyxiation, like strangulation or sucking the air oxygen out if a room, will do the trick.

There is a sleep sand fetish, iirc.
                  So I have follow up question that has been crawling in my head, does getting a Garou to incapacitated on bashing trigger the "Remain Active" rage regeneration?

Your answer implies that it does not.

Comment

Player's choice.
                    A character who goes unconscious doesn't necessarily die, so from a story-perspective it may make sense to not use the roll.
                    Also the difficulty is 8 (iirc) and the roll might fail.

W20 is a mess, editorial-wise. Page 145 states clearly, that the "remaining active" roll is a choice, not a must. It also states, that it has dropping "below" Incapacitated as prerequisite, which imo should read "dropping to or below" Incapacitated.
                    It also states, that as with all Rage rolls, frenzy is possible (but seemingly not a must, anymore).

EDIT: Depending on how your troupe handles what constitutes a SCENE, you might hope that your pack handles the enemies and heals you and you have still your one 'remaining active' roll per scene, when a second wave of enemies hits. Usually, with gifts that remain active for a scene, players would want to prolong what is part of one scene, so saving the one try you have makes sense.
                    Last edited by heinrich; 05-11-2018, 07:13 AM.

Comment

In W20, I believe Resist Toxin works like Scent of Running Water, in that you turn it on or off consciously, and then it passively stays in the state you have it in until you metaphorically flick the switch again. So for example if you get a werewolf so drunk he passes out, he will have had to turn off Resist Toxin to feel the effects of alcohol, and then won't be able to turn it back on until he's conscious again. If the werewolf is conscious, the gift turns on and off with a reflexive action, and does not take time in combat. I'm not sure about the other versions.

As heinrich mentioned above, they have to breathe oxygen just like any other mammal, so think of a creative way to catch them in a room where you can suck out all of the oxygen, or find a way to drown them. Resist toxin won't work in those cases. I don't like the idea of smothering a werewolf "in his sleep" because he's going to wake up as soon as you put the pillow over his face, and then you're dead.

Alternately, if you can find a cooperative vampire, the Dominate discipline can put a werewolf to sleep with a single word, which will make it much easier to bash him over the head for 6 or more dots of damage.
                      Last edited by Wilson; 05-11-2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson View Post

Alternately, if you can find a cooperative vampire, the Dominate discipline can put a werewolf to sleep with a single word, which will make it much easier to bash him over the head for 6 or more dots of damage.
                        Whether or not Dominate will let you make someone fall asleep has Always been a headache.

Comment

I would imagine if drugs aren't an option, then use some kind of spiritual or mystical attack.

Bopping a werewolf on the noggin is NOT a good idea.

Comment

Whether or not Dominate will let you make someone fall asleep has Always been a headache.
                            I don't think so, Dominate comands you to do one task, but it doesn't help at succeeding at such task. Not all people can just fall asleep whenever they want, instantly. But the victim should at least try...

And that may be all that you need: Dude closes his eyes and drops, you lift him - he's not asleep yet, but he's trying. Now, since you're interfering with his attempt to follow your command (hard to sleep when someone it's carrying you arround), maybe dude can attack you or release himself from your grip in order to drop prone and get comfy - I guess that's deserves a different question.

Comment

Right whole packs tend to be badly wounded together.
                              They also all tend to die together, or only one character dies and the others are relatively okay, or no one gets hurt. Lot of different situations and trends.

Comment

Working...
                              X