Softwere-How to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softwere-How to?

Hello everyone, something I've been talking about with my ST has us both kinda confused, how do I make a softwere fetish/talen? Since a program isn't as tangible as say a sword how do I convince a spirit to enter the program, etc. Same with Awakening a spirit of a program I wrote.

Any experience and advice?

I would rule that a spirit needs a physical home in order for it to fuel a fetish. A spirit can't inhabit a "story", but it could inhabit a specific book. So it can't inhabit software, but it could inhabit a USB drive, a CD-ROM, or similar. That would mean the fetish's powers are likely only able to affect a computer or network while that storage medium is connected to that.

Likewise, I would not allow the Rite of Awakening to awaken software anymore than I would it allow to awaken a "story." But I would allow it to awaken the spirit of a specific book that contains that story, and awaken the storage device that contained that software.

Comment

There are software Fetishes (I know 2 of them).

I think composing them would could be done in the Cyber Realm's Computer Web. Or from it.

Comment

Working...
      X