Potential Gifts for the Anurana

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Gifts for the Anurana

Assuming that the Anurana acquire the patronage of spirits, what sort of themes should their Gift list cover, outside of physically froggy things like jumping, croaking, poisons, etc.?

Well, water-related activities, like holding one's breath or breathing underwater, for one. Also remember there are also tree frogs, so properly re-skinned versions of gifts like City Running would be appropriate.

Comment

I'd go also with a gift similar to Venom Blood, but also applies only to bite attacks

Comment

Depends on who their patron is to be honest. I would include summing corrupted water spirits, controlling the water around them, bringing down the rain. I would give them a gift like the Gnawer Rank 4 gift, Infest, but I would call it Plague of Frogs. Frogs are also known in mythology to be a symbol of fertility, I might give them one of the Apis gifts that help them to increase the probability that they breed true.

Comment

Could also jump into amphibians in general, gifts like Grandmother's Touch and Combat healing as a pull from creatures like axolotl

Comment

They also have 4 fomori-like powers in Dagon, so gifts that allow them to us those powers in other forms. Could also have gifts that make those abilities stronger.

A good example would be something like Prehensile Tongue which would function like Monkey Tail (Lupus, Rank 3) which grants Frog Tongue more usability. With a partial transformation, they could use their tongue and the gift in other forms as well.

Comment

What about different gifts that let them do things with skin secretions?

Comment

Originally posted by CeltSPZ View Post
                What about different gifts that let them do things with skin secretions?
                I think this falls under "physically froggy" gifts. I was thinking of Croaking gifts myself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Derzhuzad View Post

I think this falls under "physically froggy" gifts. I was thinking of Croaking gifts myself lol.

Fair, I was trying to think more specific that's all...could also expand it to amphibians in general. Get some extreme axlotl inspired regeneration. Do fun things like rage heal easier, or get to rip your tongue off after tying someone up.

Comment

I dunno about tongue-ripping; seems a bit too Wyrmish, body-horror-y to me. But then, there's a real-world frog that breaks the bones in its front legs so the shattered ends break out of its skin so as to use them as claws, so I suppose it's all relative...

Comment

Well....the Anurana are are of the wyrm

Comment

I disagree. Created by the Wyrm's minions, yes, but not of it any more than a BSD before they go through the spiral.

Comment

The book talks about how they need polluted water to pass the gauntlet and how the details of their reproduction stop them from staying away from polluted water....not exactly pre-spiral dance cub condition. They even attack people who try to cleanse their waters. You could run an arc where they get cleansed sure...but the cannon is running on the idea that at their core the Mockery Breeds are of the Wyrm.

Comment

Thing is they are not a result of a Godly Miracle from Celestines, they are manmade abominations that are slightly less abominable then other creations. If they manage to uplift themselves, I would still have taint as a big part of their character, as well as being less potent then Natural Fera. Think about it, if Archmages usually can't create a viable shapeshifter from scratch I am not expecting Pentext to outdo them.

A good reference would be I Hate All Life's Debased homebrew, the Dog Shifters. Basically they are a universally metis breed of Dog Shifters, with stunted spirits. This would be the most ideal situation these froggies can hope for.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                              A good reference would be I Hate All Life's Debased homebrew, the Dog Shifters.
                              You don't happen to still has access to that homebrew writeup do you?

Comment

Working...
                              X