Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do kinfolk parents regard "The lethal mutation" ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do kinfolk parents regard "The lethal mutation" ?

How can a parent react seeing their child go through a firsting?

Kinfolk a breed apart suggests many kinfolk feel 'impotent envy'

I Think most kin will have mixed feelings.

On one hand they probaly feel at least somewhat proud

on the other they know a firsting probaly shortened their childs life expectancy.

One thing I thought of a while back is parents lacking in gaian piety Might feel resentment that GAia is now their mother.
    Last edited by Prince of the Night; 05-22-2018, 08:28 AM.

I *think* we can't generalise. Kinfolks move on a wide range. They can be Gaia-fanatics who'd support the Garou with everythink even with their lives to envyous sickos who'd skin their children to gain their power.

If you'd have some specifics (I suppose you ask for a story's sake) I'd make some recommendations.

And don't forget to take the Tribe into account. It can tremendiously affect the Kin's worldview.
    Last edited by Lachdanan; 05-22-2018, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
      on the other they know a firsting probaly shortened their childs life expectancy.
      Not really. I mean yes there are garou who die young but the majority end up dying in their 60s/70s which isn't a signficant shortening and that's more from slowing down rather than dropping over.. there's npcs who live 150+ years out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lachdanan View Post
        I *think* we can't generalise. Kinfolks move on a wide range. They can be Gaia-fanatics who'd support the Garou with everythink even with their lives to envyous sickos who'd skin their children to gain their power.

If you'd have some specifics (I suppose you ask for a story's sake) I'd make some recommendations.

And don't forget to take the Tribe into account. It can tremendiously affect the Kin's worldview.
        would agree kin can vary a lot.

How can tribe affect things, as grim and sinister as Shadowlords can be, their kin seem to be as loyal to gaia on average as any.

idea's how the septcan react to a kin who thinks their son or daughter is demon possessed cursed, or some such BS?
        Last edited by Prince of the Night; 05-22-2018, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Knowing kin begin grim resignation. Unknowing kin react per their upbringing and personality, tinged with a slight but of Delirium if they're of remarkably low Willpower.

Comment

may I ask why a kenning kinfolk would have grim resignation? is it because he is more the sept's or goddes's child then their's or their childs life expectancy just went down? or something im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post

Not really. I mean yes there are garou who die young but the majority end up dying in their 60s/70s which isn't a signficant shortening and that's more from slowing down rather than dropping over.. there's npcs who live 150+ years out there.
              Ummm… Did you mean a Garou's theoretical lifespan or the one they actually have given combat attrition? Because if it's the latter, it's not going to be in the 70s (which is about when humans start to kick the bucket of old age). It's been mentioned a bunch of times that Garou tend to die young (and that goes double for Ahroun). Having a First Change is not exactly a death sentence, but it's not far off either... because if the vampires, ghouls, fomori, banes, Black Spirals, mages, DNA hunters, Pentex hunters, government hunters, "Hunters", Skin Dancers, or Fera don't get you, a rival Garou in some stupid duel probably will.

Comment

Originally posted by Uniform Two Six View Post

Ummm… Did you mean a Garou's theoretical lifespan or the one they actually have given combat attrition? Because if it's the latter, it's not going to be in the 70s (which is about when humans start to kick the bucket of old age). It's been mentioned a bunch of times that Garou tend to die young (and that goes double for Ahroun). Having a First Change is not exactly a death sentence, but it's not far off either... because if the vampires, ghouls, fomori, banes, Black Spirals, mages, DNA hunters, Pentex hunters, government hunters, "Hunters", Skin Dancers, or Fera don't get you, a rival Garou in some stupid duel probably will.
                I agree with Uniform Two Six, why parents may have mixed feelings aftert achilds firsting.

Comment

Yeah the grim side is knowing their child's life just got a whole lot more dangerous and complicated, and in ways they can't relate to or help with. After the first change, the new "cub" will feel rage on a level they can't fathom, cross the gauntlet into inaccessible spiritual realms, and have all kinds of experiences they'll never understand. They're also probably going to see a lot less of their child in the future. It would make you feel pretty helpless as a parent.

Comment

how will Callow Kin React, its safe to say this is where many Callow Kin Become Kenning after a child firsting

If they react negatively, is it time to call in a theruge with "infallible argument of logic?" or any suggestions of less radical solutions?
                    Last edited by Prince of the Night; 05-27-2018, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uniform Two Six View Post

No I don't mean Theoretical. Theoretically according to the books for garou who don't go out and die gloriously in battle the possibility of hitting your second century in life is there. Most die somewhere in their 60s and 70s because that's when they start to slow down. Until they start to slow down each and every one of them is super fit, never get sick, can eat whatever they want, can run on high stress without any adverse side effects. Gaia gives them a hell of a lot more options to survive against all the shit hunting them than your average Kindred gets and no one's like "BEING EMBRACED IS A DEATH SENTENCE" though it probably is if you count all the Sabbat Embraces.

Really its not all that different than joining the Military, except you actually get to be a super solider.

Comment

No I don't mean Theoretical. Theoretically according to the books for garou who don't go out and die gloriously in battle the possibility of hitting your second century in life is there. Most die somewhere in their 60s and 70s because that's when they start to slow down. Until they start to slow down each and every one of them is super fit, never get sick, can eat whatever they want, can run on high stress without any adverse side effects. Gaia gives them a hell of a lot more options to survive against all the shit hunting them than your average Kindred gets and no one's like "BEING EMBRACED IS A DEATH SENTENCE" though it probably is if you count all the Sabbat Embraces.

Really its not all that different than joining the Military, except you actually get to be a super solider.

more then a few cubs die in their RoP

and a fair share of Cliath's die before becoming fostertn that''s why one of the noteworth things on fostern is "nothing to prove" you've done that just by making it that long.

Comment

The difference is that vampires aren't actually expected to seek out the stuff that wants to kill them - Sabbat excluded and hey, their mortality rates are through the roof as well. Other Kindred look out mostly for Numero Uno and a few pet projects and being hunted is a highly irregular occurence for them.
                          Garou on the other hand side are Gaia's Warriors. Their entire culture is built on war - a highly asymmetric war in which the Garou are massively outnumbered. Sure, they've got the tools to fight it, but their enemies still need to get lucky only once to end a Garou. And while most vampires try to avoid confrontations, Garou actually seek them out because that's their mission, their reason for being.
                          Last edited by Cifer; 05-28-2018, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post

more then a few cubs die in their RoP

and a fair share of Cliath's die before becoming fostertn that''s why one of the noteworth things on fostern is "nothing to prove" you've done that just by making it that long.
                            Quite a large number of Kinfolk die just for being kinfolk because they don't have "turn into a werewolf to defend themselves". Kinfolk are targets just by their nature. They will be targeted by all the same things and have none of the advantages of said Garou

Originally posted by Cifer View Post
                            The difference is that vampires aren't actually expected to seek out the stuff that wants to kill them - Sabbat excluded and hey, their mortality rates are through the roof as well. Other Kindred look out mostly for Numero Uno and a few pet projects and being hunted is a highly irregular occurence for them.
                            Garou on the other hand side are Gaia's Warriors. Their entire culture is built on war - a highly asymmetric war in which the Garou are massively outnumbered. Sure, they've got the tools to fight it, but their enemies still need to get lucky only once to end a Garou. And while most vampires try to avoid confrontations, Garou actually seek them out because that's their mission, their reason for being.
                            While that does seem to be the case for Pcs. Even in the most extreme tribes I get the perspective is "Protect Territory" rather than go out on Crusade as the general setup. They live and protect their Caern. They patrol nearby it. They are generally not on the agressive that is considered the unusual and sung about stuff.

Comment

fair enough what do you think will happen when a kinfolk gets the stupid idea into their head that the garou are "Monsters and their beingh able to endure the delerium is some kind of gift from the god's so they can slay them?

I know in the end, Subdue the kin, and assign them to the lowest position of breeding stock in some far flung sept.

oh! one of the Hazard's of being Kin.

Warwolves.
                              Last edited by Prince of the Night; 05-29-2018, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X