Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do kinfolk parents regard "The lethal mutation" ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lian View Post
    Quite a large number of Kinfolk die just for being kinfolk because they don't have "turn into a werewolf to defend themselves". Kinfolk are targets just by their nature. They will be targeted by all the same things and have none of the advantages of said Garou
    That assumes their status as kin is known. That would happen mostly when Garou choose to expose them by having them use their social connections to very directly work for the gaian agenda. Other than that, kinfolk are very hard to spot.

Originally posted by Lian View Post
    While that does seem to be the case for Pcs. Even in the most extreme tribes I get the perspective is "Protect Territory" rather than go out on Crusade as the general setup. They live and protect their Caern. They patrol nearby it. They are generally not on the agressive that is considered the unusual and sung about stuff.
    I find very little in Werewolf lore to support that claim. On the contrary, their whole society is built on everyone trying to become sung about as it's the only way to reach the higher ranks. The ones who stay home are quite often those who have already proven themselves to be awarded offices like gatekeeper or warder.

Comment

Ideas how to explain those to Callow Kin, especialy idiot fundamentalists, who think their childs been possesed by a demon or some such bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
        Ideas how to explain those to Callow Kin, especialy idiot fundamentalists, who think their childs been possesed by a demon or some such bullshit.
        That could be a really hard sell, depending on how strongly the gaian cosmology conflicts with the parents' own religious commitments. If you can use some kind of "proof" that the cub isn't demon-possessed, such as not being harmed by holy water, having no aversion to the cross, etc., that could help, but depending on how strong the kinfolk parents' "demonology" is, it could be an unwinnable argument. If you really want to force the truth down their throats, maybe there's a way to drag kinfolk into the umbra and/or bring them face to face with a captured formori or a real WoD demon to show them the difference?

Comment

thankfully the gift "Infallible argument of logic" is a "I win" button in such a argument

dont s ee any drawbacks other then it needs a rank 5 theruge.

Comment

thankfully the gift "Infallible argument of logic" is an "I win" button in such an argument

don't see any drawbacks other than it needs a rank 5 theurge.
            "Liar's Face" is a rank 1 ragabash gift, and could do the trick no problems on a human. What would motivate someone to say the newly changed cub is possessed when he's actually not would need explaining, but trickery is what no-moons are supposed to be good at.

Comment

but could make parents aware how ridiculous what they thought was?

Comment

but could make parents aware how ridiculous what they thought was?
                No "Liar's Face" wouldn't be as clean as the "Infallible Argument of Logic," but would be an option if you don't have a Theurge Elder on hand. Persuasion would also be helpful and more straightforward than "Liar's Face," but not automatic. The parents might eventually recognize that they were manipulated by mental tricks, but Rank 1 gifts aren't supposed to be as strong as Rank 5 gifts anyway.

Comment

is forcing them into a position as abused breeding stock, an invalid fate for overly hostile callow kinfolk?

Cruel, I wont argue.

but is it Invalid?

or better ways to be vindictive?

Comment

By "invalid," do you mean against the Litany?

Comment

I am pretty sure keeping kinfolk as ‘abused sex slaves’ is something that plays right into the Wyrm’s hand. Black Spiral Dancers do it, and only the most degenerate Gaian would consider it acceptable.

If you want to portray your werewolves as psycho rapists it is a great tactic 👍

Comment

If I want to be the slightest bit vindictive, against a kinfolk who was deluded into thinking his heritage was a curse?

Comment

Working...
                        X