Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Wyld West) My first WW character ever, would love some advice to make sure it fits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Wyld West) My first WW character ever, would love some advice to make sure it fits

This is going to be my first time playing Werewolf (though I've played lots of Vampire and Dark Ages: Fae) it was pretty tough trying to work out a "Red Talon Philodox" but it seems like a way to make a Red Talon a bit more playable in a pack of mixed tribes.
    What I know of the game: Takes place near Promontory Point, Utah, around when the Transcontinental Railroad is being completed.
    Salt-of-the-Earth is only 2 1/2 years old, he was just a pup when his father, a respected member of the Sept and the Tribe, was killed while trying to stop the construction of the Transcontinental Railroad. He underwent his first change only 6 months ago and is being mentored by another Philodox in the Sept named Moonsong. As a garou, he is expected to take lead of his kinfolk wolfpack and keep them safe from humans. He hates Humans, they killed his father, and other members of the tribe say they are all wyrmbringers (especially the European settlers), but Moonsong is teaching him to temper himself and what it means to be a Philodox and his kinfolk aren't vengeful, they only want to survive. He is learning quickly the meaning of balance as he's thrust into this position so young.
    Mentor is Moon-song, the Harmony Flute was a gift from her. The Anklet is something I came up with, Storyteller thinks it's alright for a level 1 fetish but it's his first time as ST for a WtA game (he's done Hunter and Vampire as ST and played WtA). I consider it inheritance from his father.
    I had a tough time picking rites, a lot of the ones suggested for Philodox seemed more for NPC use than player use, I took two that I thought would come up in play and not be too crazy for a young wolf to be learning.
    I'm open to all suggestions/comments/criticism!
    Here's the sheet: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13b...0DR_JTw55RptCZ

Why did you give him 3 Appearance? He seems more charismatic.

Comment

He's still unsure of himself and of being alpha, I had 3 dots to use and he's not manipulative at all, and I like to be pretty

Comment

It seems fine to me.

I like the idea of a Red Talon half-moon who balances the tribe's theme of extinction and doom with a pre-modern sense of hope for the future in the form of their Kinfolk pack.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
        Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

*coughs*Red Talons are wyrmbringers *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
            *coughs*Red Talons are wyrmbringers *cough*
            Red Talons might be relative newcomers, but that is a relative statement. By the time the Transcontinental Railroad is being built, the Griffin's pups could have been in the New World for hundreds of years, and time doesn't hold the same meaning for the wolf-born.

They don't really fit in with the Wyrmbringers, politically speaking. I doubt Red Talons would see eye to eye with the European Garou on much of anything. The Pure's struggle against colonization and westward expansion dovetails with the desires of the Talons. I could see hardline Wendigo disliking them, but I think most Pure would be more than willing to fight alongside Red Talons to keep the railroad out. The native peoples of Utah might be a good avenue for Corridan's whelp to explore positive interactions with humans, in fact.
            Last edited by The Laughing Stranger; 06-27-2018, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Red Talons being Wyrmbringers is def a thing, how they act in regards to humans including in extension kinfolk might put them at odds with Uktena and the other Pure Tribes who do value both their wolf and human kin.One Red Talon killing a Uktena kin simply because he was born in the skin of man could start a war on its own, not to mention the fact they still desire to cull humanity and some secretly commit sins and break litany in their frenzy of hatred of man to kill and consume the flesh of men.

Also keep in mind Red Talons have little use for physical Fetishes, they value a Klaive because of the status it hold but the crafting of items and binding of spirits can be seen as parallel to the works of the Weaver as the Red Talons revel in the power of the Wyld. They can have fetishes with no problems, I could easily picture them using the assorted Wyld Fetishes and those that are meant for lupuses.

What it boils down to its your game, play it as you choose. The balancing of nature's is something the Philodox approaches and it makes sense their mentor would try and teach them to curb the primal rage that lies within, especially if they are someone outside the Red Talons who has gotten the pups attention long enough without an Elder Red Talon losing his shit over non Red Talon 'corrupting' the mind of one of their own. Red Talons have a history of jumping the gun and assuming things they don't like of being Wyrm tainted(Bunyip. Fera, etc) and a certain group of Uktena might smell slightly of taint as they are the Bane Tenders who work to keep ancient evils sealed away.

Comment

Originally posted by The Laughing Stranger View Post
                Red Talons might be relative newcomers, but that is a relative statement. By the time the Transcontinental Railroad is being built, the Griffin's pups could have been in the New World for hundreds of years, and time doesn't hold the same meaning for the wolf-born.

They don't really fit in with the Wyrmbringers, politically speaking. I doubt Red Talons would see eye to eye with the European Garou on much of anything. The Pure's struggle against colonization and westward expansion dovetails with the desires of the Talons. I could see hardline Wendigo disliking them, but I think most Pure would be more than willing to fight alongside Red Talons to keep the railroad out. The native peoples of Utah might be a good avenue for Corridan's whelp to explore positive interactions with humans, in fact.

All Tribes have Lupus born, by your same logic Lupus Shadowlords aren't Wyrmbringers because they've been here longer. The reason Red Talons aren't considered "purelander" tribes is because they came over and actively stole kinfolk from the Wendigo and the Uktena because "They were too weak to hold them". Wyrmbringer isn't some sort of social group in and of itself its what the Purelanders organize the others into.

Comment

They're definitely not Wyrmbringers, they're not Pure Ones either though. The Red Talons are kind of a thing of their own, they didn't come with the Europeans they came by the Umbra, and they probably came around the time of Leif Erricson not Colombus.

"When the conflicts with the European tribes broke out, some Red Talons created “accidental” alliances with the Uktena and Wendigo. No child of Griffin would dedicate herself to defending the two-legged Kin of even the “Pure Ones,” but they often shared common targets. Aggressive settlers would go missing now and again. It didn’t slow down the expansion much, but the Red Talons never were the tribe to abandon a losing struggle. Now that the struggle is in full sway, the Red Talons are still more prone to assist the Uktena and Wendigo, though they’ll listen to the lupus of most tribes. " W20 - Wyld West

Comment

Originally posted by Coridan View Post
                    They're definitely not Wyrmbringers, they're not Pure Ones either though. The Red Talons are kind of a thing of their own, they didn't come with the Europeans they came by the Umbra, and they probably came around the time of Leif Erricson not Colombus.
                    In this example so did the Get, when the Vikings came to America the Get followed for plunder and war. They did not expect to find more Garou in the Pure Lands especially not Fera they thought were dead or being purged. In one of the old Wyld West books they speak of a bunyip who travelled to America through the Umbra to find allies in the Pure Tribes but they were already dealing with the Wyrm bringers in America as they were in Australia.

Comment

Hey it’s almost like W20 outright states he Red Talons are on better terms with the Pure than the rest of the European Garou.

I think the way you are approaching this is fine, Corridan. Talons are strange and dangerous but they aren’t omnicidally stupid. If you have to choose allies among the tribes, the Pure are clearly the better fit.

I don’t see what it so hard to grok about that.

Comment

So far our group also has an Uktena Theurge and a Gurahl

Comment

Hmm... get a Corax and a Bastet and you'll have a Sentai team.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                          Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
                            Hmm... get a Corax and a Bastet and you'll have a Sentai team.

KItsuuuuune

Comment

Working...
                            X