Lupus Form Determinator?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lupus Form Determinator?

For Homids, what determines what one's Lupus form? Genetics? Location? Feelings? What makes one Homid a Grey Wolf or a Red Wolf, or whathaveyou?

Currently Hosting Outpost Phoenix, a United Space Federation Live-Action Star Trek Discord Sim. New players are always welcome!

Genetics on the wolf side I think.

a Trivial question I wondered earlier today?

Can a Homid who's joined a wolf pack discipline pups without seriously injuring them , since his bite does aggr, rather then lethal?

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
      Genetics on the wolf side I think.
      What about the case of Tribes like the Glasswalkers where they tend to be Homid, though?

Currently Hosting Outpost Phoenix, a United Space Federation Live-Action Star Trek Discord Sim. New players are always welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Arzie View Post
        For Homids, what determines what one's Lupus form? Genetics? Location? Feelings? What makes one Homid a Grey Wolf or a Red Wolf, or whathaveyou?

The answer is yes, probably a mix of all of the above. I mean they are as much spirit as flesh so its complicated that way.

Comment

Generally speaking, Purebreed which isn't genetics proper, with each Tribe having different specific looks to their Lupus forms.

Low PB, including Tribes without, tend towards looking more like wild wolves (which is actually kinda funny) of mixed types.

Comment

As long as you have the garou blood, there is always some wolf genetics in you. So a human kinfolk whose grandfather was an arabian wolf will produce someone who has traits of arabian wolves.

With Glass Walkers and Bone Gnawers, I've seen their 'doggy' looks as sign of longer periods of just human blood. But I do think that the garou are so widespread that you don't need PB to have traits of different subspecies in you. On the opposite, if you go for selective breeding like the Fangs, you might lack this diversity.

For example, a Shadow Lord whose family has lived in Spain for generations will most likely look like a (black) iberian wolf. But a Silver Fang will be less so, because they'd be less likely to mix bloods.

My gallery.

Comment

Homid in lupus form still do lethal on normal cubs, on garou though aggravated.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                Can a Homid who's joined a wolf pack discipline pups without seriously injuring them , since his bite does aggr, rather then lethal?
                I'd argue that using your teeth in a way that's not intended to injure will not deal aggravated damage. This is why your dog doesn't do lethal damage to you every time he puts his mouth on you, and you don't do bashing damage every time you lay hands on someone. There's a difference between a touch, a grab, a nip, and a bite, and not all bites are full-strength, just as there's a difference between a touch, a grab, a slap, and a punch, and not all punches are haymakers. Since disciplining a wolf pup doesn't require dealing out serious puncture wounds, like a serious fight would, I don't think it's going to be a problem, unless a character is super awkward in his lupus form and doesn't know his own strength, but you wouldn't put Lenny from Of Mice and Men in charge of the nursery, would you?

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson View Post
                  I'd argue that using your teeth in a way that's not intended to injure will not deal aggravated damage.
                  I think so, too.

Comment

I'd argue that using your teeth in a way that's not intended to injure will not deal aggravated damage.
                    Well, it's not just that. For non-supernaturals, whether human, animal, or whatever, there is no divide between aggravated and lethal. They're effectively the same thing to "standard" mortals, whatever these mortals may be.

"At the risk of sounding like a murder hobo"

Attributed to Nyrufa.

Comment

Originally posted by Inertial Frame View Post
                      Well, it's not just that. For non-supernaturals, whether human, animal, or whatever, there is no divide between aggravated and lethal. They're effectively the same thing to "standard" mortals, whatever these mortals may be.
                      Fair enough, but I'll still argue that using your teeth in a way that's not intended to injure will not deal damage of any kind.

Comment

Fair enough, but I'll still argue that using your teeth in a way that's not intended to injure will not deal damage of any kind.
                        Oh, I never argued over that, just the agg vs. lethal with respect to mortals.

"At the risk of sounding like a murder hobo"

Attributed to Nyrufa.

Comment

Working...
                        X