X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can gifts be used in frenzy?

Can gifts be used in Frenzy?

Mercy makes a frenzy a lot less dangerous

Razor or Silver Claws make you a lot more dangerous.

W20 says a Garou in Frenzy can't use Gifts. So most are right out. The only real question (and not one answered in the books IIRC) are how the flat no Gifts rule interacts with always on, or already activated before the Frenzy Gifts. I mean, I don't personally see any reason why Frenzy would shut off already active Gifts, or suppress always on Gifts... but the book doesn't bother with nuance on that one.

So if a werewolf with Razor Claws but hasn't turned them on yet Frenzies, everyone around them is safe from dealing with the increased uh-oh of that Gift turning on as well. If it was already on... well... I think most STs are going to rule it stays on.. and that could potentially be very bad.

Comment

letting them activate mercy, would Make frenzy less brutal...

Comment

As Heavy Arms stated, "W20 says a Garou in Frenzy can't use Gifts". It makes sense that already-activated Gifts would still be active, but that the Garou could not activate new Gifts once the frenzy starts. Mercy, being a scene-long gift, would need to be activated prior to the frenzy occurring.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasM View Post
          As Heavy Arms stated, "W20 says a Garou in Frenzy can't use Gifts". It makes sense that already-activated Gifts would still be active, but that the Garou could not activate new Gifts once the frenzy starts. Mercy, being a scene-long gift, would need to be activated prior to the frenzy occurring.
          That's correct.

Comment

While I agree with everything that's been stated....was always bummed it meant a Mokolé in frenzy wont be a fire breathing monster (dragons breath is a lot more dangerous then the archid trait)

Comment

Working...
            X