Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make this Callow Kinfolk Family interesting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make this Callow Kinfolk Family interesting?

While thinking up background for a future story I plan to write soon, I thought that I should plan on detailing the founding family of the organization that the main characters are part of. The family's name is the Carrol's a family that is well-known as the founders of the Junior Foresters, a Boy Scout's like organization. The Carrol's themselves immigrated to America from the United Kingdom in 1840 . At this time however, it was only their Patriarch, Jasper Carrol and his first born son Andrew, who was only 3. Andrew would eventually move West to seek his fortune, getting married in the process. In 1867, his wife gave birth to a son named Jonathan, who would grow up to be the most famous Carrol in the family tree. Jonathan was a adventurous boy with a love for the wilderness and would often spend hours exploring the wilds near his home. When he grew up, he joined the U.S. Calvary, seeing it as a opportunity to explore more of the West.

Jonathan was discharged in the turn of the 20th century after years of loyal service and settled in San Francisco He started the Junior Foresters in 1904 after he decided to teach boys how to survive in the wilderness using the same tactics he learned while in the Calvary. The organization proved to be a surprisingly successful even after Jonathan died in 1924. As the organization grew, it adapted new goals like wilderness conservation, duty to the community, and respect for nature. One thing that hasn't changed however, is that the organization is still owned and lead by the Carrol Family. The family's current patriarch, John, a former Forester himself, is a heavy-set man with salt-and-pepper hair and a mustache with a kindly, Grandfatherly demeanor John is a well-known conservationist and philanthropist, who is hoping to continue the great legacy left behind by his ancestors and is currently trying to expand the organization to other countries outside of North America.

What the Carrol's don't know about their history is that they are Kin to the Garou. The Carrol family, before immigrating to America, were Kin to a now unknown tribe for centuries. in the 1840s, Jasper Carrol witnessed the death of not only his Garou spouse, but her entire pact to the hands of a group of BSDs. Somehow, Jasper survived the BSD attack and, not wanting his young son to be subjected to the horrors of Garou life, faked his own death and fled to America along with his son, deserting his responsibility to Gaia. As Andrew grew up, Jasper neglected to tell his son about his heritage, and, to Jasper's relief didn't change into a Garou. After Jasper's death, the family became Callow. Recently, several Garou have began to suspect that the Carrol's are unsuspecting kinfolk and are starting to debate whether or not to introduce them back to Gaia, unaware of their ancestor's shameful desertion.

Can I have some advice on how to make this Callow Family interesting and how to make them work in a Campaign?

They already seem interesting to me. What do you feel is lacking?

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson View Post
      They already seem interesting to me. What do you feel is lacking?
      Now thtat i think about it, they are pretty interesting on their own. i am also looking for advice on how to make them work in a Chronicle and what kind of plothooks they could generate. Any advice there?

Comment

Working...
      X