W20 Versions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W20 Versions

I am seeing two versions of W20 out there. So far as I know, I should have the final version, having paid for it, yet I am hearing about a version with alternate rules for certain Gifts, renown rewards. so on. How do I know if I actually have the right version?

Originally posted by Windthin View Post
    I am seeing two versions of W20 out there. So far as I know, I should have the final version, having paid for it, yet I am hearing about a version with alternate rules for certain Gifts, renown rewards. so on. How do I know if I actually have the right version?
    In printed form or PDF?

Whatever currently downloads from your drivethru library will be the correct version and should match the printed version.

The other version would be the older download from before errata was applied and the pdf was finalized for print.

If more than one version was actually printed, then that is weird and I have no idea.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Only one version as far as I'm aware in terms of content. Obviously the kickstarter version is physically different to the PoD version but the contents are exactly the same.

Comment

PDF. I am wondering if some people didn't get a hold of an early version, as is often the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Windthin View Post
          PDF. I am wondering if some people didn't get a hold of an early version, as is often the case.

Its possible folks got hold of the backers released pdf and pirated it which would include a few pre-errata rules, but not really enough to call it a different version. There wasn't that much errata for W20 from what I recall as a backer.

Comment

Originally posted by Damian May View Post

Its possible folks got hold of the backers released pdf and pirated it which would include a few pre-errata rules, but not really enough to call it a different version. There wasn't that much errata for W20 from what I recall as a backer.
            W20 actually had one of the bigger fixes I've noticed. The first release had two completely different systems for (non-Rage) multiple actions, in different parts of the book. Other than that, I don't think it had the kind of changes OP is describing. The backer version is definitely floating around the pirate scene though, and that one difference is big enough to notice and call out more than most errata changes. That alone could be the source of the confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Impeesa View Post

W20 actually had one of the bigger fixes I've noticed. The first release had two completely different systems for (non-Rage) multiple actions, in different parts of the book. Other than that, I don't think it had the kind of changes OP is describing. The backer version is definitely floating around the pirate scene though, and that one difference is big enough to notice and call out more than most errata changes. That alone could be the source of the confusion.

Ah...yep forgot about that. I think that must be it.

Comment

Working...
              X