X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windthin
    started a topic W20 Versions

W20 Versions

I am seeing two versions of W20 out there. So far as I know, I should have the final version, having paid for it, yet I am hearing about a version with alternate rules for certain Gifts, renown rewards. so on. How do I know if I actually have the right version?

• Windthin
    replied
    Originally posted by Asmodai View Post

No, they heal much faster. You can get one health level per day of rest even in breed form.
    Exactly. Garou dropped to Incap from Lethal revert to breed form but, if they're lupus or homid, have an advanced form of healing that can keep them alive. It's not full regeneration, but it's significantly faster than humans, and they're not going to die from the Lethal like a human will, so if they can crawl off and hide, they have a chance of coming back. It's not one a day, though, it's one every 8 hours, until they regain consciousness and can shift to regenerate more swiftly. The book states they don't soak lethal in breed form, though that can be up to the ST, just as it states that in dramatic situations even humans can potentially.

Leave a comment:

• Asmodai
    replied
    Originally posted by Story Letter View Post

Garou in breed form heal as humans do ?
    No, they heal much faster. You can get one health level per day of rest even in breed form.

Leave a comment:

• Story Letter
    replied
    Originally posted by Windthin View Post
    I've always run they can soak lethal in breed form. They're not quite human, is the thing. Remember, you can knock one out with lethal and it will survive it and slowly regenerate over time where a human would not.
    Garou in breed form heal as humans do ?

Leave a comment:

• Windthin
    replied
    I've always run they can soak lethal in breed form. They're not quite human, is the thing. Remember, you can knock one out with lethal and it will survive it and slowly regenerate over time where a human would not.

Leave a comment:

• Story Letter
    replied
    Choices, choices and the choices we make.

Leave a comment:

• lastlostboy
    replied
    The breed form shouldn't be able to soak lethal damage. We never played like this. We consider the breed form perfectly human in every way.

But that doesn't matter. I just wanted to point out that even the core book got it wrong. (Or right - who knows. -_-)
    Last edited by lastlostboy; 04-23-2019, 03:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Story Letter
    replied
    lastlostboy what rule you prefer on breed form and lethal soaking ?

Leave a comment:

• lastlostboy
    replied
    To be fair. The core book is already inconsisting with page 290 reading:
    Lethal damage can be soaked by Garou and many other supernatural creatures at difficulty 6. Humans cannot normally soak lethal damage, although exceptionally tough ones may be able to try and soak it (Storyteller’s option) at difficulty 8.
    It's not Changing Ways that gets it wrong. The CRB never got it right.

Leave a comment:

• Wilson
    replied
    ...In W20 Changing Ways is mentioned that homids and lupuses soak lethal damage in their breed form which contradicts the core book. That also changes entirely the ''soak silver'' thing, since silver bullets may be soaked in breed form by lupuses and homids. I bet we should keep what suits the mood of our games. ...
    W20 Changing Ways, taken as "canon," creates a LOT of confusion and inconsistencies with the W20 core rules, so if you're going to use it as a source book, do so with caution and make sure to research anything you're planning to use so you can settle the differences before they come up in-game. I don't want to seem overly critical, but my group has found a few inconsistencies within our own hard copies of the W20 core book, where you'll find a different answer to your question, depending on what chapter you're looking in. I don't know when the "errata" someone mentioned above were baked into new printings of the books, so I can't say whether we have pre- or post-errata books, or one of each, but they're definitely officially published hard copies. None of the problems we've found in the W20 core book are as serious as what we've found the Changing Ways book, which in our opinion should have gone through a lot more proofreading and editing before it was published.

Leave a comment:

• lastlostboy
    replied
    The point is: the first wording was 'unsoakable'. And it's good they changed it/clear it up.
    Because there is no reason Spirits weren't allowed to soak klaives but with "normal" silver swords it was okay.

Leave a comment:

• Story Letter
    replied
    Originally posted by lastlostboy View Post
    What do you mean?

The "unsoakable" vs "silver damage" is a pretty huge deal.
    Now you can soak Klaives with armor vests or Lunas Armor gift or Silver Resistance merit and I bet there is a fetish for that too.
    Instead of the hurr-durr-unsoakable-bullshit.

Nothing should ever be "unsoakable". Make it AGG or make it automatic health levels but never "unsoakable".
    Well silver damage is unsoakable to garou, not generaly unsoakable, like Balefire is in W20 Book of the Wyrm.
    And yes there are ways to soak it, though I don't knowif vests should soak aggravated weapons.

Leave a comment:

• lastlostboy
    replied
    What do you mean?

The "unsoakable" vs "silver damage" is a pretty huge deal.
    Now you can soak Klaives with armor vests or Lunas Armor gift or Silver Resistance merit and I bet there is a fetish for that too.
    Instead of the hurr-durr-unsoakable-bullshit.

Nothing should ever be "unsoakable". Make it AGG or make it automatic health levels but never "unsoakable".

Leave a comment:

• Story Letter
    replied
    Originally posted by Ana Mizuki View Post

They don't get harmed by it in breedform, though. I mean, yeah, they cannot soak agg-damage. But it isn't -insta- burn.
    Yup, they also don't lose Gnosis from contact with silver, the confusing is this ''soak silver thing'', it's so limited it rarely is usable as a rule, by core book standards.
    In W20 Changing Ways is mentioned that homids and lupuses soak lethal damage in their breed form which contradicts the core book. That also changes entirely the ''soak silver'' thing, since silver bullets may be soaked in breed form by lupuses and homids. I bet we should keep what suits the mood of our games.

I vote for the core book rule on soaking silver since it makes silver a real threat not to take lightly, and not a ''I am lupus so I take breed form to soak the rifle shot with 6 dice'' meta-game thing.
    Last edited by Story Letter; 04-20-2019, 05:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ana Mizuki
    replied

Yeah since lupus an homids don't soak lethal or aggravated damage in breed form at all. The soak silver in breed form thing is applicable only for silver spoons ...
    They don't get harmed by it in breedform, though. I mean, yeah, they cannot soak agg-damage. But it isn't -insta- burn.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X