Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DNA Reverse engineering the Garou condition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNA Reverse engineering the Garou condition.

had a bit of a problem with mockery breeds as I'd always seen part of DNA's themes as looking for something that didn't exist.

one thing it mentioned here and there they wanted to reverse engineer the ability to regenerate.

Think theyd be quicker to make that available to the public, or to military contractors? who'd pay more?

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
    had a bit of a problem with mockery breeds as I'd always seen part of DNA's themes as looking for something that didn't exist.

one thing it mentioned here and there they wanted to reverse engineer the ability to regenerate.

Think theyd be quicker to make that available to the public, or to military contractors? who'd pay more?
    I think DNA would want the public to eventually gain the ability to regenerate. That said, you need money to keep the lights on and to keep researchers happy. So I think they would sell to contractors first.

As a side note, that dilemma might open DNA up to something Wyrmish to latch on to.

Comment

Is army first group to deal with?

Comment

Likely it would go to Special Forces units (across branches) if DNA makes it particularly expensive

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
          They were looking for something that didn’t exist. That’s why they weren’t the ones who created the Mockeries. Pentex was. It took Wyrm-magic to fill in the spiritual gaps that DNA was missing. Canonicaly they could never have done anything with their data with mundane science (though if you want to change that for your table, more power to you!)

As for your hypothetical, private sector would pay more if it was achieved, but the military might make the bigger investment beforehand if they thought it could happen.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Thing is if they were envisioning being able to regenerate in combat, or to regenerate tissue in a clinic.

Comment

Who would they market to, the military or the public sector... This actually hits one thing I've always had a problem with DNA conceptually. DNA simply shouldn't be a private venture. It should be a government thing. Private enterprise simply doesn't do basic R&D. The government does. Only once the basic science has been figured out does private enterprise come in and figure out how to sell it. R&D in the private arena means refining a process or figuring out a product, or figuring out how to take a theoretical process and ramp it up to be economically viable. It's more the "D" than the "R". The way I run World of Darkness, DNA is actually being funded on the sly by the NSA (Specifically by General Max Shivers' Co-Op). Given how large a share of the economy medical is, they would sell to Big-Pharma and the HMOs every day of the week and twice on Sunday. The Defense Department is small potatoes by comparison.

EDIT: Although selling to Big-Pharma or the HMOs would necessarily include Magadon.
              Last edited by Uniform Two Six; 09-21-2018, 08:45 PM.

Comment

DNA is deluded into thinking the "Disease" Their dealing with , is too important to worry about consulting regulatory agencys.

Comment

Working...
                X