Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do my Garou Gifts List, Changing Breed Gifts List and Totems List need updating?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do my Garou Gifts List, Changing Breed Gifts List and Totems List need updating?

So, yeah, I'm back after a huge hiatus. I've been spending my time dealing with Real Life (TM), playing World of Warcraft (gawds, I love that game but it's a HUGE time sink), and editing a few Star Wars D6 fanbooks (my peeps and I are working on D6 fanbooks of Rebels Season 3 & 4, the 80s cartoon Droids, Rogue One and even a book for the Solo movie), so I just haven't been able to get back here to post.

So it's been about three years since I published my Lists and after making out like a bandit with OPP's sale of WoD books this week (gawds, I spent close to $100 and must have gotten three dozen new PDFs), I figured it was time to see if my Lists needed updating.

I also got Zachary Ball's Werewolf Gift Compilation from DriveThruRPG's sale as part of my splurge. I'd love to incorporate these Gifts into my Lists, but I suspect there would probably be legal issues involved since this book contains only Gifts AND is being sold for profit. Therefore, any copying and pasting I would do of the Compilation would likely be flat out copyright interference since I'd be taking exact text from a sold-for-profit book and providing the same text in a free-for-download medium. So yeah, I don't want to mess with that. At most, I might include a shameless plug of having a note at the end of my Lists to have people buy their own copy of Balls' Gift Compilation, but that's as far as I think I could go.

What do you guys think? Zachary Ball's Werewolf Gift Compilation aside, are there other recently published books that have Gifts that need to be newly incorporated into my Lists?

And what's the deal with the Storyteller's Vault? Are these books official, semi-official, non-official fanmade stuff or some combination of all three?

Complete Garou Gifts List, Fera Gifts List, Garou Totems List and other assorted OPP/White Wolf goodies

Just noticed a three-year-old error: Lion(-of-War) and Polar Bear from W20 Rage Across the World somehow got listed as Totems of Respect instead of Totems of War in my Totems List. I've made the proper corrections and updated my Google Docs with the new and improved Totems List. It can be found in the same place in my Google Docs through my signature as before.

Complete Garou Gifts List, Fera Gifts List, Garou Totems List and other assorted OPP/White Wolf goodies

Comment

Just updated the Garou Gift List with the three dozen Gifts from Changing Ways, pp 150-156. Just follow the link in my signature as follows: Public Stuff > Public Classic World of Darkness folder > Public Werewolf the Apoc folder > Werewolf the Apocalypse Gift Encyclopedia (2018).

Enjoy!

Comment

Unless they add another book before ww5 I think you're complete(and the only one I've even heard about would be Bunyip TB)

Comment

Did you get the gift and Totem from the Metis chapter of Changing Ways?

Freelance Writer and Storyteller's Vault contributor. Find my work here: http://www.storytellersvault.com/ind...liate_id=17903

Comment

Jackob, if you mean the Deny the Birthright Gift and the Obatala Totem, then no. I overlooked these and literally just found them only because you told me to look for them. Ugh, I wish I had time to read all the W20 books cover to cover without getting distracted...

I'll add these into their respective lists soon, but for now I'm helping Mr. Gone adjust his Changing Breed W20 sheets as they have a number of errors that need to be fixed. (Not the least of which is that their Delirium notes are all screwed up because they don't take into account Lessened Delirium and Full Delirium....)

Comment

Originally posted by Su-tehp View Post
              Jackob, if you mean the Deny the Birthright Gift and the Obatala Totem, then no. I overlooked these and literally just found them only because you told me to look for them. Ugh, I wish I had time to read all the W20 books cover to cover without getting distracted...
              That is exactly what I meant.

Freelance Writer and Storyteller's Vault contributor. Find my work here: http://www.storytellersvault.com/ind...liate_id=17903

Comment

Hello,

You also missed the Gifts from Rage Across Appalachia (such as Stone Mask), but otherwise GOOD JOB!

Comment

Originally posted by Lachdanan View Post
                  Hello,

You also missed the Gifts from Rage Across Appalachia (such as Stone Mask), but otherwise GOOD JOB!
                  Yeah, I remember justifying not including the Rage Across Appalachia Gifts and I even wrote down on the List why, but the exact reason why escapes me at the moment. I'll have to look it up again, lol.

And thanks, Lach. Off and on, this project took two years (2013-2015) to complete. A regular poster, Erinys, helped out ALOT with both the Garou Gifts List and the Changing Breed Gifts List. I couldn't have done this without her.

Comment

what about adding the Nunnehi totems from c20 I know there are ones there that aren't on the list...

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                      what about adding the Nunnehi totems from c20 I know there are ones there that aren't on the list...
                      I thought Nunnehi totems were (mostly) only for changelings, not Garou. According to Rage Across Appalachia, it's very rare for Garou to ally with a Nunehi totem as their Rage tends to unnerve the plant and rock totems (though a very few Children of Gaia, Stargazers and Uktena are rare exceptions). And I specifically noted in the preface of my Totems list that Nunnehi totems were beyond the scope of my list.

Lach, that's why I didn't bother including Gifts like Stone Face, Whisper and Wisdom of the River; they're all Gifts taught by nunnehi totems, not by Gaian spirits. Besides, all the information on nunnehi totems and Gifts is in Rage Across Appalachia, a single source, so if players *really* needed information on such obscure and unconventional totems as nunnehi totems, it would be easy to find.

Lian, as for the C20 nunnehi totems, I didn't even know C20 had nunnehi totems until you mentioned it here. And their Traits don't even specify if they're Individual Traits or Pack Traits (is Pack traits even a thing for nunnehi changelings?) and it would be too much guesswork to try to figure out which was which for each nunnehi totem. (I already had to deal with something similar when the Revised Wendigo Tribebook didn't even specify the type of totem each totem was in that book.) And according to Rage Across Apalachia, nunnehi totem costs are doubled for Garou, so if a Garou pack wanted to be adopted by Cottonwood, for example, they'd have to spend 10 points on the Totem Background, instead of the usual 5 that nunnehi would normally pay.

Comment

fair enough, What about a Rites Compendium?

Comment

fair enough, What about a Rites Compendium?
                          Oof, I've been mulling that over for a while now. After the sale of oWoD books in October (that was a frickin' gawdsend!), I bought a bunch of Werewolf books on PDF, so I might finally have the resources to cut and paste many, if not most, of the published Rites. It's a project that has to go on the back burner for now; I've got a number of other things going on, including looking for a new job, slowly (but surely) editing Mr. Gone's W20 Changing Breed sheets and trying to catch up on BattleTech as they're (finally!) going into the ilClan era (and I think it's either going to be Clan Wolf or Clan Jade Falcon and my money is on Clan Wolf).

But yeah, a Rites compendium would be useful and it wouldn't be nearly so bad/large/time-consuming to create as the Garou Gifts list or the Changing Breed Gifts list. I'll see what I can do, but it's gonna take a while.

If people want to help out, they can make a list of which W:tA books have published Rites in them and post them (with page numbers) here in this thread. That will make it easier for me to compile everything in one place.
                          Last edited by Su-tehp; 10-21-2018, 01:11 PM.

Comment

OH yeah the reason I was thinking about the Nunnhei thing, we were using your totem list to try and find one for a Dreamspeaker and I was like "I know Tobacco is a totem but he's not in here.."

Comment

OH yeah the reason I was thinking about the Nunnhei thing, we were using your totem list to try and find one for a Dreamspeaker and I was like "I know Tobacco is a totem but he's not in here.."
                              Lol, that's awesome. But yeah, no nunnehi totems in my list. Still, having a Fera in a Mage campaign was pretty awesome; I very fondly (if only vaguely) recall a Mage campaign I was involved in years ago where I was a Bubasti in a mage cabal. We were a bunch of ragtag misfits for sure: a Bubasti, a defecting Void Engineer, at least one Orphan and a Cultist of Ecstasy. My Bubasti and the Void Engineer did NOT get along. And the guy playing the Void Engineer? My best friend. Good times.

Comment

Working...
                              X