No Maned Wolf fera?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CeltSPZ View Post
    Aren't the Celican European wild cats? Even more housecat like and less lion...
    The books are really unclear what the Celican are supposed to be, as their physical characteristics don't actually line up to any extant species (the Bubasti have a similar issue but at least the game actually makes it a point of that).

Comment

Originally posted by Black Fox View Post

You're right. My mistake. I wanted to make the distinction between pouched mammals and placental mammals, and I botched the terms completely. Thanks for the correction.

Small glitch in terms BUT i do agree with the spirit of your point (any marsupial being really distant from any placental shifter).

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post

The books are really unclear what the Celican are supposed to be, as their physical characteristics don't actually line up to any extant species (the Bubasti have a similar issue but at least the game actually makes it a point of that).

There was some noise about their original kin being maneless lions ( Cave Lions) and they adapted to various species of European Wildcats through magic but that was pretty early on.

Comment

CB20 has the Celican listed as looking like house cats but the size of "panthers" granted what that means exactly could be anyone's guess (never liked the term due to it being a specific genius at its most specific). IT also states some say they started as maneless lions, while others point to Scottish wild cats (that a huge difference.), while others say they are Cat-Si then Shattered Dreams states they started as maneless lion Euro-Simba, then became Celican but doesn't state what this means exactly.

Comment

I wrote a sub-tribe for them a few years back, they are called El Tunchi. They were Uktena who were separated from the main tribe when the Shadowlords invaded Mexico. I have considered putting it on Storytellers Vault but jsut haven't.

Comment

Working...
            X