No announcement yet.

Defeating an incredibly powerful enemy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defeating an incredibly powerful enemy?

I've recently started my first Werewolf game, completely randomized and got a Get of Fenris, Homid, Philodox. My pack (without my knowledge) is up to shenanigans and now needs support of people, I've found that I could get a nice few Werewolves to follow me if I beat this one guy in combat who is probably one of the toughest things in the campaign (second to my true love werewolf daddy who is the toughest thing in the game). My father however has disappeared which is why I need some assistance but they'll only follow if I beat this guy. If I lose, he will kill me.

I am Strength 3, Dexterity 3, Stamina 2. Brawl 3, Dodge 2, Willpower 8, Gnosis 2 and Rage 5.
    This guy is better haha!
    I have the Fenris totem, the Sea otter, unicorn and black unicorn. I also have the Razor Claws gift.

I'm more than likely going to need another totem maybe, but my characters knowledge isn't great of totems so I can't be too meta with it. But does anyone have any cool tactics to use to beat a much more powerful enemy? The ST has said death is very likely but as the character is statted, they can be killed. (My dad isn't statted except for his charisma and empathy because I'm trying to get him to internet date)

My pack has a Gaia Ahroun which may be better for fighting but the player avoids fighting in any case so is not really a great option because the player would refuse.

Uh....you should only have 1 totem....

Comment

Also I don't really understand the daddy stuff so I'm gonna leave that alone...

Comment

Originally posted by Damian May View Post
        Uh....you should only have 1 totem....
        Also I don't really understand the daddy stuff so I'm gonna leave that alone...
        How does someone play W:tA and not know that Garou can't take multiple totems? Seriously, from what insane fever-dream of the eldritch and incomprehensible minds of the Elder Things Beyond did that idea spring into existence?

I don't think EG is being serious with this post.

And I'm decidedly NOT touching the daddy thing, either.

Complete Garou Gifts List, Fera Gifts List, Garou Totems List and other assorted OPP/White Wolf goodies

Comment

Well, it's his first Werewolf game, so he probably missed some stuff here and there. His master should have known, though. Anyway, it' all on page 140 of the W20 manual.

You can have a pack totem or a personal totem, but not both. If you join a pack with a totem (every pack has one, btw) while having a personal totem you don't get bonuses from the pack one. Having a totem spirit means being a part of the totem's breed, you can't belong to two (or more) different bloodlines.

Back to your starting question, the best way to gain combat power is to raise your stats - especially brawl, dodge and rage; you could also try and get a fetish (you'd need some complex quest for that, though, or to send a capable theurge into one), but they won't probably be allowed in a Garou duel (or random brawl). Also, remember that you can't duel other werewolves unless your rank is close to theirs - i.e., you can't issue a challenge on a rank 3 if you're rank 1, it's not allowed by the Garou law (and you also lose some honour to even try to).

Comment

[QUOTE=EG2594;n1258964]I've recently started my first Werewolf game, completely randomized and got a Get of Fenris, Homid, Philodox.

Never understood why people make Characters randomized. Takes the edge of character creation.

Originally posted by EG2594 View Post
            My pack (without my knowledge) is up to shenanigans.
            The ST should hit them with lot'sa Dishonor. By the way, you are the judge, punish them.
            Werewolf is not vampire. It's not about bickering (fighting, real fighting for dominance is an other question). If your pack can't work together, you are dead. Also it's a possible Lithany violation

I've found that I could get a nice few Werewolves to follow me if I beat this one guy in combat who is probably one of the toughest things in the campaign
            Werewolves are not dumb. They won't just follow you if you smack one guy hard. And telling that someone is the thougthest thing in a champaign is a sure way to summon the ST's pet Nexus-Crawler.

(second to my true love werewolf daddy who is the toughest thing in the game)
            What the f*ck? Seriously?

I am Strength 3, Dexterity 3, Stamina 2. Brawl 3, Dodge 2, Willpower 8, Gnosis 2 and Rage 5.
            This guy is better haha!
            I have the Fenris totem, the Sea otter, unicorn and black unicorn. I also have the Razor Claws gift.

But does anyone have any cool tactics to use to beat a much more powerful enemy?
            Use spirits and talens. They are good for evrything and easy to access.

The ST has said death is very likely but as the character is statted, they can be killed.
            Garou have to accept the honorable surrender.

(My dad isn't statted except for his charisma and empathy because I'm trying to get him to internet date)
            I'm really happy that I don't play with you. But at least you would give some fun to my Judge of Doom.

My pack has a Gaia Ahroun which may be better for fighting but the player avoids fighting in any case so is not really a great option because the player would refuse.
            Everybody should do it's role in the Pack. Ahrouns are born to do this stuff and not you, But based on the knowledge above he is also incompetend/crazed to be a Philidox.

Comment

I've recently started my first Werewolf game, completely randomized and got a Get of Fenris, Homid, Philodox. My pack (without my knowledge) is up to shenanigans and now needs support of people, I've found that I could get a nice few Werewolves to follow me if I beat this one guy in combat who is probably one of the toughest things in the campaign.
              You can provoke, manipulate, or somehow force the Garou you want to defeat to agree to some rules of combat that would be unfavourable for him. Is there anything in regards to what your character is superior in combat to this person ?

Not all challanges need to consist of physical combat - a challange that is a riddle contest, playing a game ( as in like a board game or a dice game ) , or a strenght or endurance contest is very well possible. Here is a list https://casewerk.wordpress.com/2011/...u-way-of-life/ ( at the bottom ) .

Either way, getting the Master of the Challange to somehow favour your character is a way of making winning the challange easier. One possibility would be rigging the challange, so that your character would be declared the victor, no matter what happens.
              Perhaps because of the combat power disparity the Master of the Challange could be convinced to agree to a non-combat form of the challange. If she or he would for some reason be on the side of your character, the Master of the Challange could choose a game or a feat contest that would favour your character to a smaller or greater extent.

Comment

I feel I should explain the true love father thing. This is not romantic love. We play it in our campaign as despite all the odds and everything in the world, father and daughter truly love each other as father and daughter not as anything else.

Comment

I should also explain that I was unaware of the totem rules, however its something every single one of us has missed as even the storyteller missed this bit. We've made the mistake but we are going to end up continuing as normal.

But thanks everyone for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by Muad'Dib View Post
                    You can provoke, manipulate, or somehow force the Garou you want to defeat to agree to some rules of combat that would be unfavourable for him. Is there anything in regards to what your character is superior in combat to this person ?

Not all challanges need to consist of physical combat - a challange that is a riddle contest, playing a game ( as in like a board game or a dice game ) , or a strenght or endurance contest is very well possible. Here is a list https://casewerk.wordpress.com/2011/...u-way-of-life/ ( at the bottom ) .

Either way, getting the Master of the Challange to somehow favour your character is a way of making winning the challange easier. One possibility would be rigging the challange, so that your character would be declared the victor, no matter what happens.
                    Perhaps because of the combat power disparity the Master of the Challange could be convinced to agree to a non-combat form of the challange. If she or he would for some reason be on the side of your character, the Master of the Challange could choose a game or a feat contest that would favour your character to a smaller or greater extent.

I think in terms of combat I doubt I beat him at anything however I'm pretty sure my ahroun friend has silly dex so I could issue the challenge of first hit?

Comment

I think in terms of combat I doubt I beat him at anything however I'm pretty sure my ahroun friend has silly dex so I could issue the challenge of first hit?
                      An excellent idea. Physical combat during the challenge could be avoided by making it so that the challenge would be about and last until the first wound or the first hit. Other possibilities are falling to the ground, or leaving an area in any way.
                      A challenge involving only non-lethal combat with weapons ( non-silver ) could be proposed ; and to win one of the Garou would have to disarm ( defined within the rules of the challenge as the weapon ending up on the ground or in the hands of another person ) the opponent once, or destroy her or his weapon.

Comment

I feel I should explain the true love father thing. This is not romantic love. We play it in our campaign as despite all the odds and everything in the world, father and daughter truly love each other as father and daughter not as anything else.
                        Than sorry, my bad. Hoever I really think the description "True Love between Garou (even if it is not acted upon) may be seen as near-enough to a breach of the Litany to cause scorn or even scandal if it is suspected by others, making it appropriate justification for a Dark Secret Flaw as well." clearly refers to THAT kind of love.

Also the internet date was veeery confusing...

(By the way, if you'd like to make your father get a date, don't try it on the net. Your father have Rage which will kill the romance as fast as they met. Except if she have higher WP, or a Kinfolk.)

Back to the challenge:
                        As I mentioned, spirits can help.
                        One of the most handy Charm in this case is Inspire (they are multiple such charms in different books) which could decrease the relevant rolls' difficulty by one.

If your foes have some kind of weakness, it could be used. You could get un upper hand if the fight situated in a bog and your foe can't swim.

But the easiest way: Make HIM challenge you. In that case - usually - you are able to choose the type of the challenge. If you are good in social stuff, a Facedown would be much easier than hit him with an AX.

Comment

Working...
                        X