Werewolf 5th Edition????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Werewolf 5th Edition????

I just wanted to say that I was reading the Vampire 5th Edition and I think it is absolutely gorgeous! I really have to admire the team that put it together, both from an artistic point of view as well as a system streamlining point of view. But I need to ask the question, are the other game lines going to get a similar reboot or has that not been decided yet. Vampire 5th edition indicates the existence of Werewolves, Mages and Fairies so I can only hope so.

Jason Carl,from White Wolf,said they're doing werewolf. Dhaunae de Vir told me they haven't forgotten demon the fallen either

Comment

How about Mage...and Wraith...and Changeling?????...and Mummy????

Comment

Originally posted by maryshelly View Post
        There's no direct confirmation. But it would be weird if they didn't do them. My take? They be trusting onyx path to do mage and changeling and wraith for a few years.

Comment

For all intents and purposes, yes there is indeed a Werewolf 5e being planned. W20 ended with Changing Ways because of that.

How soon it's coming, we don't know. NuWW referenced it a few times in past conferences and panels, but since this year it hasn't been talked about further. Not even as V5's corebook officially launched. We don't even have any confirmed release window on when it would come out.

Originally posted by maryshelly View Post
          I'm not sure where the direct source is, but nuWW has stated that they want to make new WoD5 editions for ALL of the gamelines. How soon they're coming though, nobody knows.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
            For all intents and purposes, yes there is indeed a Werewolf 5e being planned. W20 ended with Changing Ways because of that.

How soon it's coming, we don't know. NuWW referenced it a few times in past conferences and panels, but since this year it hasn't been talked about further. Not even as V5's corebook officially launched. We don't even have any confirmed release window on when it would come out.

I'm not sure where the direct source is, but nuWW has stated that they want to make new WoD5 editions for ALL of the gamelines. How soon they're coming though, nobody knows.
            OMG!!! This is making me excited beyond belief. I cannot wait to see the exciting new directions these game lines are going into.

Comment

W20 has officially ended? Well, damn. Still, that explains why I haven't seen any new titles past Changing Ways for W20. I was wondering a bit about that.

As for the idea of a Werewolf 5th, I was a bit leery of the idea of Vampire 5th, but I have to reserve judgment until I actually read V5th. Same for W5th.

Complete Garou Gifts List, Fera Gifts List, Garou Totems List and other assorted OPP/White Wolf goodies

Comment

Only other thing planned was Bunyip tb....

Comment

Originally posted by Su-tehp View Post

W20 has officially ended? Well, damn. Still, that explains why I haven't seen any new titles past Changing Ways for W20. I was wondering a bit about that.
                  Yeah.

I believe the only thing left of W20 to be made is "The Art of W20". Otherwise that's it...

Originally posted by Lian View Post

Only other thing planned was Bunyip tb....
                  ...which in the comments of an MMN, Rich confirmed TB Bunyip has been shelved due to nuWW wanting to move forward with W5.

Comment

I think Werewolf: The Apocalypse 5th Edition is probably going to be available about this time next year, and I'll be interested in the outcome. Personally, I think having 'Rage Dice' as per V5's 'Hunger Dice' would add a really effective dimension to the game, and while I think Werewolf ought to keep it's core themes in tact, I feel they could a dd a lot more edge in it's presentation. I'd like to see Werewolves look scary again and the art direction would play a big role in that.

The other thing I'd like to see, which has always been present but could use more emphasis is the formation of the Pack. I'd like to see a bit less macro-politics based on the thirteen Tribes (which would still be there, nevertheless) but create a more survival-in-isolation feel for the PCs - more defending the territory than big tribal societies. While the various changing breeds could still be there, I'd like to see less of them in the core game (and not as playable characters till the supplements).
                    Last edited by Trippy; 11-07-2018, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Tribebook Bunyip got shelved? Man, I was really looking forward to that. We got enough tribal information in Croatan Song for the Croatan, we got the White Holwers tribebook after waiting for years for it, but we're losing Tribebook Bunyip? That's disappointing.

Complete Garou Gifts List, Fera Gifts List, Garou Totems List and other assorted OPP/White Wolf goodies

Comment

That book was so bad it ended an entire game line *badum-tss!*
                        I'm quite hopeful for the new W5, i have to say. It's coming a bit too early for my taste but if there's a thing that Werewolf needs is a streamlining of combat mechanics- and V5 did just that. I expect them to apply the same system to the game and who knows, perhaps I'll be able with that to end my battles in less than an hour.

I'm a bit worried about how they're going to handle the setting, though. After all the polemics on the Nazi feeling of V5 I fear they'll try to pander to their hypersensitive fans and publish a watered down edition.
                        Last edited by Maris Streck; 11-07-2018, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Sad, as I was hoping for a Werewolf equivalent of Beckett's Jyhad Diary to wrap it up and set up W5

Comment

I am really excited about a werewolf reboot, here are some thoughts.

1/ Keep it scary. Werewolf seemed to become a cartoon after a while which was not really fitting for a game of savage horror

2/ Less whining. I was always puzzled about how werewolves were lamenting that they were fighting a losing battle and yet a pack of werewolves could cause enough damage to sink a battleship. Make some enemies that really can kill a pack of werewolves rather than just being claw fodder.

3/ Make going into a rage a real danger. Werewolf the forsaken had a good idea with Basu-Ilm but it didn't seem to go far enough with the dangers of doing it (it seemed more of a big red button which says WIN BATTLE). The Second Inquisition gives more reason that Werewolves need to stay hidden lest the CIA start hunting them down.

4/ More problems that involve more solutions than just turning to Crinos and beating the hell out of the offending obstacle.

5/ More, and deadlier, pack vs. pack and tribe vs. tribe conflict. Does everyone really have to be on the same team???

Comment

1/ So having an utterly remorseless enemy consisting of an entire third of the fabric of reality itself is not scary enough for you? An enemy of which only a small part of its army consists of utterly insane werewolves who represent everything you could become if you lose yourself too much to your Rage? An enemy capable of turning you into one of them if they capture you and make you dance the Black Spiral if they don't torture you to death first? An enemy that is winning the war to decide the fate of the universe despite all your best efforts? All this by you isn't scary?

2/ "Less whining?" You're talking about "less whining" when the Garou's morale in fighting a war to save the world is at (and in the case of Garou suffering under Harano, even past) the breaking point? Losing a war is supposed to be depressing precisely because of all the things that are at stake. As for "making some enemies that can actually kill a pack of werewolves," did you forget about the aforementioned Black Spiral Dancers? Did you forget about the BSDs and Pentex's First Teams that have actually attacked and destroyed Garou septs, taken Garou caerns and converted them to Wyrmholes and Pits? Did you forget the minions of the Weaver who are almost as dangerous as the Wyrm? Did you forget that the last member of the Triat, the Wyld, can't even be counted as an ally precisely because its chaotic nature is so dangerous? Banes, formori, BSDs, and FRICKIN' NEXUS CRAWLERS aren't sufficiently dangerous to kill a werewolf pack? Seriously?

3/ "Make going into rage a real danger." Succumbing to Rage isn't dangerous enough with the threat of falling into the Thrall of the Wyrm? Of losing control so thoroughly that you fall to cannibalism, rape or being unable to tell the difference between allies and enemies as you lose your literal self to a red haze of madness? This by you isn't dangerous?

4/ If you want problems that can't be solved just by ripping it to shreds, what about the afore-mentioned Pentex and all the industries it's corrupted and all the politicians it's bought or sidelined? You can't kill them without endangering the Veil. And even if you did manage to keep the Veil intact after killing the captains of industry or holders of political office, what then? The people you killed will just get replaced. There's a reason that Pentex is known as the Hydra. Did you forget the short story in W20 Book of the Wyrm where the Glass Walker kills everyone in a Pentex board room and the last Pentex guy standing blows cigar smoke into the Garou's face and says "All this aftermath from a terrorist attack is just going to make our stock rise"? The idea of how to fight a polluting corporation without resorting to ecoterrorism and creating a backlash that defeats the Garou anyway has been one of W:tA's main themes since Pentex was first introduced waaaaay back in the original Book of the Wyrm.

/5 Not enough tribe vs tribe conflict? Let's take a close look at that, shall we? The Black Furies and the Get of Fenris hate each other. The Shadow Lords and Silver Fangs are at odds over leading the Garou Nation. The Wendigo and Uktena are still upset with the European tribes (especially the Fianna, Shadow Lords and Silver Fangs) for taking their caerns and slaughtering their Kin during America's Manifest Destiny period. The Bone Gnawers are looked down upon by almost all the other Tribes (except the Glass Walkers and CoG) for being mongrels. The Red Talons hate all the other tribes for even having human kinfolk and REALLY hate the Glass Walkers for being influenced by the Weaver and living in cities. The theme that the Garou have always been at odds with each other and can't team up effectively to save Gaia has been there ever since 1st Edition.

maryshelly, everything you're looking for in Werewolf has been there from the start.
                              Last edited by Su-tehp; 11-07-2018, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X