Werewolf 5th Edition????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lian View Post

I miss the Traditonal vampires who were buried wrongly, or rose from the dead because they had a lineage of such rather than some concept of embrace... or ones that didn't have a 500 pages of wierd powers including "TuRNS INTO A SNAKE" and "D&D style fireballs"

You leave my Dusk Till Dawn Culebras alone!

Comment

• Originally posted by CeltSPZ View Post

You leave my Dusk Till Dawn Culebras alone!

Hey hey hey we can't include things that aren't a very specific view of Vampires as traditional unless they are my traditional because that's how werewolves work right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lian View Post

Hey hey hey we can't include things that aren't a very specific view of Vampires as traditional unless they are my traditional because that's how werewolves work right?

You...defeated me...I am...I am shamed!...I felt bad enough to be a fan of teen girl vampire hunters and daywalkers....I see I am wrong about all of them (can I post Gunship "Dark All Day" here? is that wrong?)

Comment

You...defeated me...I am...I am shamed!...I felt bad enough to be a fan of teen girl vampire hunters and daywalkers....I see I am wrong about all of them (can I post Gunship "Dark All Day" here? is that wrong?)

In a world where the most popular depiction of vampires has them coming out during the and being pedophiles with special powers and in the same damned book werewolves are magical spirit indians clearly werewolf is too complicated and vampire is "just right"

Comment

• For me, I like all the different ways these creatures have been told and retold over the years. I didn't mean to come off as rude as my posts may have come across (I've reread them). There has been a large amount of variety in how werewolves, vampires and others have been depicted over the years. I'm not big on the idea that "these things aren't like the creatures of the middle age stories". I know for some people it can be fun, but it always seems like those people seem to say it in ways that sound like other variations on these creatures are somehow less valid and not the right "fun".

Comment

There's nothing wrong with being a fan of Buffy, the only teenage girl vampire slayer series.

Originally posted by Lian View Post

In a world where the most popular depiction of vampires has them coming out during the and being pedophiles with special powers and in the same damned book werewolves are magical spirit indians clearly werewolf is too complicated and vampire is "just right"
              I think we can all agree that Twilight was single worst thing to ever happen to vampires and werewolves.

Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

Comment

• Originally posted by AkatsukiLeader13 View Post
                I think we can all agree that Twilight was single worst thing to ever happen to vampires and werewolves.
                X1,000. I absolutely refuse to read or watch anything having to do with Twilight. It deserves every bit of mockery and disdain ever foisted upon it.

And vampires do not sparkle in the daylight!

Complete Garou Gifts List, Fera Gifts List, Garou Totems List and other assorted OPP/White Wolf goodies

Comment

• Originally posted by Su-tehp View Post

X1,000. I absolutely refuse to read or watch anything having to do with Twilight. It deserves every bit of mockery and disdain ever foisted upon it.

And vampires do not sparkle in the daylight!

Yet that's pretty much the potential audience for this game...

Comment

• Originally posted by Su-tehp View Post
                    Every single time the Garou let their Rage and pride get the better of them, they (and Gaia) paid a very heavy price for it. The Garou didn't get off scot-free once. ... the Garou become their own worst enemies if they keep letting their Rage get the better of them.
                    How will you deal with the fuckups of your ancestors? Will you try to make up for them? And if you try, do you even have a chance of succeeding? And if not, what then?
                    For what it's worth, my personal opinion is that it's their pride, not their rage, that makes the Garou their own worst enemies. They make things worse not so much by raging, but by considering themselves better than everyone else and bullying whoever doesn't fall in line. They didn't start the Impergium as an outlet for rage, but as a way to control the human population (ironically the Garou were behaving more like the weaver than the wyld in that case). The Garou didn't start the War of Rage because they believed it was right to commit genocide, but because they believed it was their divine right to rule all the Fera, and the other changing breeds' resistance to their dominion was foolish ignorance. They can get carried away in their rage, but their greatest sins have always started as reactions to wounded pride.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wilson View Post

For what it's worth, my personal opinion is that it's their pride, not their rage, that makes the Garou their own worst enemies. They make things worse not so much by raging, but by considering themselves better than everyone else and bullying whoever doesn't fall in line....They can get carried away in their rage, but their greatest sins have always started as reactions to wounded pride.
                      All quite true. Both their Rage and their pride have gotten the Garou into more trouble than was necessary. It's probably academic, but it might be more accurate to say that it's hubris, rather than pride, that caused the Garou's downfall. But I'm defining "hubris as "arrogant pride" so the difference is only one of semantic degree. But wounded pride feeding into the Garou's rage (and Rage) is definitely a big theme in W:tA.

If wounded pride or a loss of face comes about as a fear of losing power, then what Yoda said in Star Wars applies equally in W:tA as well: "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

Complete Garou Gifts List, Fera Gifts List, Garou Totems List and other assorted OPP/White Wolf goodies

Comment

• Hrrm, I think that hybris is more a defining trait of the Mage game line.
                        Werewolves start the war of rage because they rashly decide the Gurhali slighted them on purpose, exterminate whole Fera breeds because they "look different", cull humans because they are afraid of the Weaver rise... the whole Garou background is about following paranoias because no one took ten minutes to speak to the other side trying to understand them and settle things up. I'd say that more than anything they're impulsive, pride and honour are just secondary traits.

Comment

Working...
                        X