Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fera breeding ratios

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fera breeding ratios

    I'm trying to figure out the mating outcomes of different pairings in WtA. This is my understanding at the moment.

    Human + Human = 100% Human
    Human + Kinfolk = ~100% Human
    Human + Fera = 100% Kinfolk
    Kinfolk + Kinfolk = 50% Kinfolk / 49% Human / 1% Fera
    Kinfolk + Fera = ~90% Kinfolk / ~10% Fera
    Fera + Fera = 100% Metis (If the breed can produce metis)


    Do I have it right? I'm unsure about the Human + Fera pairing in particular.
    Last edited by gx240; 12-06-2018, 09:01 AM.

  • #2
    The only case of Fera + Human = 100% kinfolk are the Rokea, and that's only with humans (sharks still have a chance to change even if they aren't kin)

    I don't know if there are any hard fast numbers for non kin but I think it's so much lower than kin it isn't really worth trying.

    Comment


    • #3
      Oh, I didn't realize that. Where do kinfolk come from, if you can't make them reliably by breeding Fera and humans? Is there some other way to make humans into kin (gifts or rituals)?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by gx240 View Post
        Oh, I didn't realize that. Where do kinfolk come from, if you can't make them reliably by breeding Fera and humans? Is there some other way to make humans into kin (gifts or rituals)?
        It's still Human + Fera, It's just not 100% certain it'll breed a kinfolk, not a human, and less then 0.1% chance it'll be fera(assuming do to the human vs kin + fera appears to be a difference factor of 10 across most fera types save rokea).

        Comment


        • #5
          Ok that makes sense. Do you happen to know what book has these numbers? I found a few of the ratios on page 13 of the Kinfolk Unsung Heroes book, but I'm curious where the rest are.
          Last edited by gx240; 12-06-2018, 11:25 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            The Rokea book is where humans only create kinfolk is in the tribe book. I don't believe there's a hard statistics on non kin producing Fera, it's just stated as rare.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by geeklord1 View Post
              The Rokea book is where humans only create kinfolk is in the tribe book. I don't believe there's a hard statistics on non kin producing Fera, it's just stated as rare.
              Yeah, not sure where Prometheas is getting the 0.1% thing.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by The Laughing Stranger View Post

                Yeah, not sure where Prometheas is getting the 0.1% thing.
                I pulled a # out of my butt trying to say it's crazy rare but not impossible. So probably from me. I should have been more clear

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by gx240 View Post
                  Fera + Fera = 100% Metis (If the breed can produce metis)
                  .
                  Kitsune+Kitsune is 30 percent chance of Shinju which.. is metis adjacent.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X