Fera breeding ratios

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fera breeding ratios

I'm trying to figure out the mating outcomes of different pairings in WtA. This is my understanding at the moment.

Human + Human = 100% Human
    Human + Kinfolk = ~100% Human
    Human + Fera = ~100% Kinfolk
    Kinfolk + Kinfolk = 50% Kinfolk / 49% Human / 1% Fera
    Kinfolk + Fera = ~90% Kinfolk / ~10% Fera
    Fera + Fera = 100% Metis (If the breed can produce metis)

Sources:
    [W20 Corebook p. 378]
    [Kinfolk Unsung Heroes p. 13]

Skills that affect breeding:

Brood Kenning skill (Mokole) - Observe a target for a day, and then roll Brood Kenning + Wits (can be Intelligence, Perception, or Wits as chosen by Storyteller). Difficulty is 9 but can be reduced by observing the target longer. Each success increases the chance of a Mokole offspring by 1%. [Breedbook Mokole p. 52]

When a Fera and kinfolk mate, every dot of Pure Breed skill on the kinfolk increases the chance of producing a Fera child by 5%. This only works for Kinfolk. A Fera with Pure Breed doesn't increase the odds. When 2 kinfolk mate every dot of Pure Breed between them increases the chance of a Fera by 1%. [Kinfolk Unsung Heroes p. 51]
    Last edited by gx240; 01-24-2019, 04:50 AM.

The only case of Fera + Human = 100% kinfolk are the Rokea, and that's only with humans (sharks still have a chance to change even if they aren't kin)

I don't know if there are any hard fast numbers for non kin but I think it's so much lower than kin it isn't really worth trying.

Comment

Oh, I didn't realize that. Where do kinfolk come from, if you can't make them reliably by breeding Fera and humans? Is there some other way to make humans into kin (gifts or rituals)?

Comment

Originally posted by gx240 View Post
        Oh, I didn't realize that. Where do kinfolk come from, if you can't make them reliably by breeding Fera and humans? Is there some other way to make humans into kin (gifts or rituals)?
        It's still Human + Fera, It's just not 100% certain it'll breed a kinfolk, not a human, and less then 0.1% chance it'll be fera(assuming do to the human vs kin + fera appears to be a difference factor of 10 across most fera types save rokea).

Comment

Ok that makes sense. Do you happen to know what book has these numbers? I found a few of the ratios on page 13 of the Kinfolk Unsung Heroes book, but I'm curious where the rest are.
          Last edited by gx240; 12-06-2018, 11:25 PM.

Comment

The Rokea book is where humans only create kinfolk is in the tribe book. I don't believe there's a hard statistics on non kin producing Fera, it's just stated as rare.

Comment

Originally posted by geeklord1 View Post
              The Rokea book is where humans only create kinfolk is in the tribe book. I don't believe there's a hard statistics on non kin producing Fera, it's just stated as rare.
              Yeah, not sure where Prometheas is getting the 0.1% thing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Laughing Stranger View Post

Yeah, not sure where Prometheas is getting the 0.1% thing.
                I pulled a # out of my butt trying to say it's crazy rare but not impossible. So probably from me. I should have been more clear

Comment

Originally posted by gx240 View Post
                  Fera + Fera = 100% Metis (If the breed can produce metis)
                  Kitsune+Kitsune is 30 percent chance of Shinju which.. is metis adjacent.

Comment

Kinfolk Unsung Heros states that each dot in Pure Breed on the Kin-side increases the chance of pure bred offspring by 5%.

Corax seem to not breed at all, but procreate by a Rite...

Comment

Originally posted by heinrich View Post
                      Kinfolk Unsung Heros states that each dot in Pure Breed on the Kin-side increases the chance of pure bred offspring by 5%.
                      Thanks for catching that; I never saw it before. That's actually a really huge buff. It means that most breeds can theoretically reach a 35% chance of Fera offspring, and Mokole can reach 45% (10% base +25% Pure Breed +10% Brood Kenning). Although of course it would be really rare to find a kinfolk with 5 Pure Breed or roll 10 successes on 10 dice, but still.
                      Last edited by gx240; 01-24-2019, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Iiirc, the chance of pure bred offspring of a kin/kin-pairing is also increased, but only by 1%, if I'm not mistaken. Still, the rating of both parents applies, so...

Comment

Corax seem to not breed at all, but procreate by a Rite...

i think the corax are limited to using speciic lineages..

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                            i think the corax are limited to using speciic lineages..
                            I never found a reference to that, when I looked a while back. It seemed to me, as if any person with a suitable persona would be a valid target of the Rite. It also seemed as if age wasn't a concern, so even very old or very young people could be suitable targets. Also, the Rite doesn't require the participation or agreement of the targeted person, which means that Corax kind of are fomori - for they are a forced merge of a pre-existing (human) being and a spiritual identity (that is in this case, specifically grown for the purpose of creating a Corax within a spirit egg).

I wonder who often a Corax doens't vet his target sufficiently enough and turns someone into a Corax not suitable...

Comment

I never found a reference to that, when I looked a while back. It seemed to me, as if any person with a suitable persona would be a valid target of the Rite. It also seemed as if age wasn't a concern, so even very old or very young people could be suitable targets. Also, the Rite doesn't require the participation or agreement of the targeted person, which means that Corax kind of are fomori - for they are a forced merge of a pre-existing (human) being and a spiritual identity (that is in this case, specifically grown for the purpose of creating a Corax within a spirit egg).

I wonder who often a Corax doens't vet his target sufficiently enough and turns someone into a Corax not suitable...

I was mistaken I thought it was in heng but the line is the other way around

"Nonetheless, the spirit egg can be attached to any
                              human or raven — Kin or no — to create a new Tengu. It
                              is somewhat inauspicious to select non-Kinfolk for such an
                              honor, but one does occasionally hear stories of Tengu who
                              so desire a particular child that they kidnap the objects of
                              their paternal affection.

Comment

Working...
                              X