X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damian May
    replied
    Originally posted by Onkwe View Post
    Hasn't 5th edition, for any of the games, more or less been cancelled?

Nah, they're still plugging on with Vampire at least....not really sure why. Modiphius might be able to make a go of it but with all the other properties they are currently juggling I'm not sure how much effort they'll make.

Hopefully Paradox will just stop with V5 and not try and ' revolutionise' the rest of OWoD.

Leave a comment:

• Onkwe
    replied
    Hasn't 5th edition, for any of the games, more or less been cancelled?

Leave a comment:

• Lian
    replied
    Originally posted by gx240 View Post

This is why, when your Gangrel learns Protean 4, it's important to make sure that your "Flight Form" is actually a literal flight form. Crazed wolf-men can only jump so high.

The scenario doesn't have shapeshifting in it yet.. and if you could just fly away that would defeat the whole plot.

Leave a comment:

• Story Letter
    replied
    Originally posted by gx240 View Post

This is why, when your Gangrel learns Protean 4, it's important to make sure that your "Flight Form" is actually a literal flight form. Crazed wolf-men can only jump so high.
    Double that, some 10 times even.

Leave a comment:

• Trippy
    replied
    As others have said, there is no news to tell right now.

A new edition of Werewolf: The Apocalypse was mootedlast year by White Wolf, but they have had a change of management since then. I'm not even sure that Modiphius has a license for anything beyond Vampire, currently, but at least they have a publishing schedule. I suspect they may review how that has gone at the end of they year and then make plans ahead. If V5 does work out for them, it is logical that they'll followup with Werewolf and Mage in due time.

Personally, I'd be excited by a potential Werewolf game which uses the equivalent mechanic for Vampire's Hunger Dice, but for Rage instead.

Leave a comment:

• gx240
    replied
    Originally posted by Ana Mizuki View Post
    Not related to the topic, but can I just say what sweet bullshit that is. Players use their heads and nope out of the city through safer roads, then they get attacked by a -single- garou and it is automatic game over? WoD isn't fair, but that is just railroady.
    Originally posted by Lian View Post
    Its what my Group calls a T-rex in the Cornfield.. from a DM having pulled that shit.

Leave a comment:

• Ana Mizuki
    replied
    Originally posted by Lian View Post

Its what my Group calls a T-rex in the Cornfield.. from a DM having pulled that shit.
    What really gets me about it, is how it is written as a hard limit rather than an obstacle. Have the werewolf there, but have it be something to overcome with planning.

Checked the vampire forum, and the new people taking the reins seem pretty good. I'll still be on my toes for a bit, just in case.

Leave a comment:

• Lian
    replied
    Originally posted by Ana Mizuki View Post

Not related to the topic, but can I just say what sweet bullshit that is. Players use their heads and nope out of the city through safer roads, then they get attacked by a -single- garou and it is automatic game over? WoD isn't fair, but that is just railroady.

To the topic at hand, I personally think Paradox is severly restructuring nuWW before anything official gets published about 5th editions.

Leave a comment:

• Ana Mizuki
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert D View Post
    "This is the weirdest one. If the coterie just sneaks into the wild to walk to a smaller town past the
    lockdown and steal a car there, they encounter -something- hunting for them. It’s a Get of Fenris
    Lupine from the Grunewald Sept. They can run, but the wolf never loses their scent.

Lupine Tracker
    Mental 2 Physical 5 Social 2
    Alertness 2 Combat 5 Other 1
    Potence 3 Fortitude 3 Rage 8
    Willpower 3 Health 9 Composure 1

The Lupine tracker can spend Rage to gain extra actions (up to two extra per round) and
    regenerates one point of Superficial damage each turn. It does not suffer wound penalties and its
    claws and bite deal aggravated damage. Good luck! THE END"

To the topic at hand, I personally think Paradox is severly restructuring nuWW before anything official gets published about 5th editions.

Leave a comment:

• Lian
    replied
    Originally posted by Damian May View Post
    Well, hopefully the lack of W5 in any forseeable future might encourage another look at publishing some more W20 books......a bloke can dream....

I doubt that too.. honestly the only thing it could really use would be a Lore of the tribes.

Leave a comment:

• Damian May
    replied
    Well, hopefully the lack of W5 in any forseeable future might encourage another look at publishing some more W20 books......a bloke can dream....

Leave a comment:

• Robert D
    replied
    Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
    Currently, the news about W5's content is pretty much nothing. Don't be disheartened by that, but I certainly don't think anyone should be reading into werewolf-as-antagonist entries or Vampire alpha tests for clues. There aren't any clues out there yet.
    Understood. Thanks for clearing it up

Leave a comment:

• The Gentleman Gamer
    replied
    Currently, the news about W5's content is pretty much nothing. Don't be disheartened by that, but I certainly don't think anyone should be reading into werewolf-as-antagonist entries or Vampire alpha tests for clues. There aren't any clues out there yet.

Leave a comment:

• The Gentleman Gamer
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert D View Post

Good point, alpha playtests being far cries from final drafts. I'll focus on the V5 core's antagonist entry of Lupine
    I wouldn't take that as an indication either. I wrote that entry without any sight of plans for W5.

Leave a comment:

• Robert D
    replied
    Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post
    Yeah, don't take anything stated about werewolves in the alpha playtests as indicative of how W5 will / may look.
    Good point, alpha playtests being far cries from final drafts. I'll focus on the V5 core's antagonist entry of Lupine

Leave a comment:

Working...
X