No announcement yet.

Story idea: The attempt to bring back a Lost Breed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damnit I hate misclicking on my phone!!!

So I say Apis all the way! And Phoenix as the Patron calling upon her aspect of Resurrection. Maybe even in the Form of the Benu Bird of Ra. It’s fitting with the Apis and all.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

There are several options:

The canon background points to these possibilities:

Camazotz: There a faction of the Shadowlords restoring the sanity of the Totem Bat. These werewolves have recibed some gifts of it.

Apis and Grond: In the Guide to the Changing Breeds W20 there are advices about bring back this Breeds. I think it would be neccesary get the favor of Totems as Bull or Boar.

Samsa: These werecockroachs are an artificial creation of Pentex, but the Totem Cockroach seem interested in them. Perhaps with the hepl of the characters the Samsa can transform in a Breed loyal to Gaia.

A new Breed: The Mokolé know ancient gifts and rites that allow create new Breeds (as the Kucha Ekundu or the Bunyip). Perhaps the characters should be negotiate with the weresaurians and a spirit that protects the new Breed as her Totem. Some time ago I followed this option to the creation of the Guará, a Breed of were maned wolves (Chrysocyon brachiurus), with a role similar to the Nuwisha in South America.
      Last edited by Magus; 02-06-2019, 10:17 AM.

Comment

So the following ran through my head:

There's one entity that is almost indispensable for any of these scenarios. Gaia.

So after an epic quest to get Gaia's blessing the characters finally meet one of her avatars and she is absolutely scathing. Oh, now the wolves are sorry for what they did. Now they want help. No dice, if she has to work with such disappointing protectors as the Garou, they have to live with the disappointment of their own actions. Her words are more than words, they are her incarnate anger and every time she opens her mouth it forces Rage rolls. Then she casts them out into the Deep Umbra.

They are caught by Luna, who explains (and I'm translating this from her native cryptic words) that Gaia is more angry at herself. When she made the Garou (all of the Fera really, she knew immediately they were flawed. She could have made better protectors, ones who wouldn't destroy their siblings, but she would have had to destroy the Garou to do it. She couldn't do that to them. Her nature is not perfection it is working and growing and sickening and dying. She took the wolves in because of their flaws not despite them.

The secret to getting Gaia's aid then is to bring back the Fera in question first, regardless of how flawed it is. Only then can Gaia embrace them and grant her blessing.

Then Luna's eyes turn dark and she warns the characters that if they are going to go down this path they better do the very best they can. She's tired of seeing Gaia hurt, and if the pack breaks her heart again well she'll have to make the Galliard immortal just so they have time to sing about what she does to the rest of the pack.

Mage: The Ice-ension: An Epic Game of Reality on the Rink

Comment

Originally posted by Magus View Post

A new Breed: The Mokolé know ancient gifts and rites that allow create new Breeds (as the Kucha Ekundu or the Bunyip). Perhaps the characters should be negotiate with the weresaurians and a spirit that protects the new Breed as her Totem. Some time ago I followed this option to the creation of the Guará, a Breed of were maned wolves (Chrysocyon brachiurus), with a role similar to the Nuwisha in South America.
          That's not a new Breed.. THat would just be more Nuwisha.

Comment

Originally posted by Derzhuzad View Post
            From established lore, Bear is one of the most powerful healing spirits, so he is your best bet. His children are the only ones who currently have a way of raising the dead. Mind you that way wouldn't work for this scenario but it shows how strong in the healing arts they are.
            Gaia's Breath and Rite of Fighting the Death Bear are pretty serious powers but they only let you raise one person at a time. Fighting the Death Bear is only used to get Gurahl back because of the risk.
            BUT, you could petition Mangi to assist, it seems to protect the gateway between life and death. You might want to combine powers of Mangi, Pheonix, Anubis (If the Striders get on board with it) Which ever Native American Death Gods that your tribes can access (Camazotz was a Mayan death God, although most Mayan Gods seemed to be Death Gods)

As well as looking at fallen Fera, the idea with Samsa could maybe work for all the Mockery Breeds. Quite a few people have mentioned that Pentex and the Wyrm couldn't have Created new breeds, only corrupted old ones using existing genes. That's more under the Wyrm Perview

Comment

Originally posted by Illithid View Post
              Quite a few people have mentioned that Pentex and the Wyrm couldn't have Created new breeds, only corrupted old ones using existing genes.
              Remember that there are still the Flux realms or the Wyld Founts for whenever the Wyrm needs a bit of a creation power. The BSDs are not the Pentex but I can definively see them working together on this

Comment

Working...
              X