When to start rolling to end frenzy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to start rolling to end frenzy?

it says "When provocation is over" but something like 'disobedience' or 'insolence' is never over.

if my wife charges too much too her credit card is an apology from her enough to start rolling to end frenzy.

Oh another question what if a packmate is the provocation? are they still exempt?

A good bet would be when the original instigator of the frenzy is removed.

Say a Garou is taunted into a frenzy. When the individual who ignited the rage is either ripped to pieces, escaped, or has the frenzied werewolf subdued, I'd rule that would be a good time to make that roll.

Comment

Great question. Yep, when the initial cause of the frenzy is removed from the area is a good base but it can vary. Last night the pack in the new chronicle I started a few weeks back (mix of veteran players, a few who've played a couple of chronicles and couple of brand new players) had their Rage heavy Ahroun have her first frenzy (new player) the two punk ganger's who had triggered died in seconds but her Rage is much higher than her Gnosis and so anything else that came to hand was a valid target, to whit the Pack Leader (veteran player). Only AFTER the pack leader's blood was all over her face and claws did I give the Ahroun her chance to calm down in a moment of "Oh dear Gaia!" What have I done?!"

Comment

in the credit card example I suggested?" is an apology probably going to be enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
          in the credit card example I suggested?" is an apology probably going to be enough?
          If you're looking for RL relationship advice, then I don't think this is the best place to ask.

If this is an actual event with a character, I'd say yeah, maybe a low difficulty frenzy role or a simple willpower point spent unless the Werewolf ripping apart his wife is going to enhance your story.

Comment

one problem in WTA is frenzy difficulty is determined by moon phase... I think it should be possible to raise or lower difficulty. with sitch

and I'd agree most often they'd spend WP to prevent it was asking if an apology would work to see "Provocation to frenzy ended"

My mother talks at me so much it would sometimes almost be preferable for her to go to crinos and rip me apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
              I would say no. In general, apologizing to a frenzied werewolf does as much good as apologizing to a virus. You simply are not going to be able to communicate. That is both a good example of the tragedy of the Garou and the need to avoid interacting with kin when you are out of willpower!

Comment

Originally posted by Onkwe View Post

...or a simple willpower point spent unless the Werewolf ripping apart his wife is going to enhance your story.
                Yeah, as a storyteller I would mandate the willpower expenditure unless the player had a compelling reason not to do so.

Comment

oh one issue? When I spend the Willpower should their be a flash in my eyes or a visible struggle against myself or anything

In a game im r unning a Camazotz, first knew Camazotz in ages, almost returned to extinction because he asked his shadowlord host if his wife was like him. e.g. a Garou.

I ruled he could see the glint in his eyes of a frenzy that nearly happened and got squelched.

Comment

While a visible indicator is not required I think it is very likely to take place. In my games I leave that to player choice but almost always have it noticeable when NPCs halt a frenzy with willpower. The exception is for character with high manipulation who always seem to be in control.

Comment

A werewolf in frenzy is no longer in control of himself. His rational mind is shut down, and he is acting on instinct - either fight or flight. So an apology is meaningless as the werewolf is not able to understand. In most circumstances, that wife is probably going to be killed very soon. After she's dead or escaped, the werewolf could roll to end frenzy. If she lives and returns, an apology (probably done in a terrorized and traumatic fashion) will probably be necessary to prevent that being reaction being triggered again. And god help her if she spends too much again, if that was the trigger for the previous frenzy.

At the same time, I believe the werewolf can spend Willpower to not attack friends and such during frenzy, and I'd probably allow the werewolf to do that in order to give his wife enough enough time to escape and help reset the scene.

Comment

Working...
                      X