Question about Mokole and Kainites

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Mokole and Kainites

To make it short - Mokole do have a gift that lets them see the past, theoreticly far beyond the creation of humans, back to the days of dinosaur kings right? So they have theoretical access to pretty much any knowledge of the past that any of them witnessed.

So how much could Mokole know about Kainites? Could they identify Cain? Could they know the antedeluvians? Could they access knowledge on clans...and could they possibly share that with other Fera? Given that the Ananasi are fantastic spies and could easily spie on even vampires, and kinda share that knowledge with others...couldnt a Mokole in theory know basicly most things that there are to know, likely more than most kainites do?

You answered your own questions by stating "that any of them have witnessed. So, yes, all of that is indeed possible. The real question is, how likely is it? If you want it to be the case for your game then go for it. If there isn't a Mokole gift already for absorbing the memories of non-mokole witnesses then you can always make one. Things like that make for great quests to rediscover lost powers. It will be necessary to know things about any kindred in colder climates and during ice ages.

Comment

I've sometimes wondered if when humans first started building cities (or the First City), Mokole were still wondering if mammals were going to be around long enough to be worth paying attention to. I mean, when your frame of reference is a billion years or so, it may take a while to figure out what is noteworthy and what is just an anomally.

On the other hand, it is entirely possible that vampires, werecreatures, awakened, and fey are all existing in different levels/vibrational frequencies of reality until whatever cataclysmic event collapsed everything together at the start of the Bronze Age.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
        "humans first started building cities (or the First City), Mokole were still wondering"
        If I remember correctly (not the statement, the book is questionable) the Mokole Breed book mentions that the Mokole porpusefuly helped humanity evolve.
        So I think they took the vampires as a personal insult. Add their faith too.

It's also stated that they took part in the Silen Strider - Settite war, so they have first-second-memory hand experience with at least on Antedeluvian.

Additionaly they have a rite with wich they can reclaim any forgotten Mnesis, so possibly they can grab useful bits of information about the bloodsuckers.

What could limit this potential is their knowledge (Why would someone look for Kain if he doesn't know about him?) & the number of vitnesses (Was a mokole in the first city?).

Comment

What do you want to have the Particular Mokole know? the "Truth?" well that's an option feel free to make it up(you'll notice how Nothing Kindred related was in Shattered DReams) Do you want them not to care? Because there's plenty of other "more important' things to watch at the time...

Comment

Hm, I *did* obliquely reference Kindred in Shattered Dreams. Perhaps too obliquely.

Regardless, the mention has no relevance to this thread as such. Sorry for interrupting!

Open the gates of Hell: Random Demon Generator.

Shapeshifting Historian
            Freelancer - Shattered Dreams, Dark Eras Companion - Forsaken by Rome

Comment

Originally posted by nikink View Post
              Hm, I *did* obliquely reference Kindred in Shattered Dreams. Perhaps too obliquely.

Regardless, the mention has no relevance to this thread as such. Sorry for interrupting!

Could you Pm me it because it completely flew over my head... unlike the Wan Kuei who... are right there and completely on topic.

Comment

p100 Reconciliation. The Wyrm-beasts slaughtered by Pride-Queen and Helios are meant to include vampires - I'd need to check Cairo by Night or Rage across Egypt (or whichever book I got the detail from). First paragraph of Current Events mentions the political vampires present at the time (to the south of the Inhospitable Sea), as well as southern demons (potentially the Baali, assorted other Kindred of low Generation, or djinn), and Wyrm-tainted sorcerors (again, perhaps vampires, perhaps mages of some sort).

There *might* be one or two other references to Wyrm creatures that were initially vampire references, but those are very much intentionally open to interpretation. I did have - at one point - a set era for Adam and Eve and thus Caine but I can't recall off-hand where I dated that, and obviously it didn't make it into the book regardless, albeit I used it as a reference point for other info. So it was probably the era before Reconciliation, but don't quote me on that.

Shapeshifting Historian

Comment

That does mean that Cain's face and possibly some Antediluvian's visages are in the collective memory, so they could be identified (Or tracked using sympathetic links that rely on knowing the target!

Comment

Not necessarily, but sure, if that's what you want in your game go for it!

Shapeshifting Historian

Comment

Working...
                    X