Most populous Tribe by State

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most populous Tribe by State

Thinking about if I ever ran another WtA chronicle and how the tribal demographics of my state of Texas would be I started to wonder what others think would be most populous in their state. I'll start and if this sounds interesting chime in. This isn't based on canon but as an interpretation of how I see my home state being represented most accurately. If you're not an American you could still list your interpretation but it probably is more easily defined since the tribes have fairly well defined canon examples of European strongholds.

Children of Gaia: This tribe would be focused around the largely liberal city and capitol of the state Austin where they could attempt to influence mortal politics in the favor of green and humanitarian initiatives.

Bone Gnawers: With the third highest homeless numbers via the US Interagency Council on Homelessness in the nation the Gnawers would be present in the largest cities Houston, DFW, and Austin and with some hillfolk clans spread throughout the state.

Get of Fenris: A large number of German immigrants back in the 1800's the Get would have found a number of caerns to claim from the Uktena and have established themselves as one of the dominant tribes of the state.

Glass Walkers: With Texas being well known for its high technology focus second only to California it has a large presence of Glass Walkers in the highly modern cities of Houston and Dallas.

Uktena: A traditional stronghold of the Tribe they have lost many caerns in the centuries since the arrival of the Europeans but they remain a significant presence along the Gulf of Mexico and the few pockets of Native American communities in the state.
    Last edited by Frontline989; 03-15-2019, 09:17 AM.

Pennsylvania... so a bit of everyone!

Bone Gnawers - between PA's historical connections to the history of the country that the Gnawers really dig, not great homeless and poverty statistics, and being the northern extent of the Appalachians... we'd have plenty of them around.

Get of Fenris - it's PA, we've got a lot of strong German roots and all that (over 1/4 of the white population here is of German descent). Plus we're kind of notoriously up for a fight.

Fianna - Oh, right the second largest ethnic group among white people here is the Irish, and some overlap with the Gnawers on distributions. Did I mention PA's reputation for being passionate and fighty sports fans?

Black Furies - While not common in general across the state, the larger cities tend to have enough Greek population that you'd expect the Furies to be around doing their thing.

Children of Gaia and Glass Walkers: No special reason for them to be here in general, but PA has plenty of major cities to draw them in with. The Quakers are probably a group the CoGs love too.

Shadow Lords - PA's German population and relative political power should mean we'd have a good number of them in the mix as well.

Silver Fangs - Definitely not state-wide, but the Philly area has a lot of old money by US standards. Grace Kelly becoming actual royalty makes a surprising amount of sense as a kin of House Wyrmfoe marrying into a more traditional royal family when you look at the Philly Kelly family history.

Uktena - Extremely specific to the Philly area, PA was more Croatoan before the European settlement and there's no formally recognized reservations in PA (though many of the tribes that used to live here are still around). IIRC about a decade ago though, a couple willed their land back to the Lenape giving them their first official holding in their traditional home territory in centuries; a great reason for a few Uktena to relocate and try to fix everything that's been mucked up in the meantime.

Comment

Denial-The Traditional domain of the SIlver Fangs but with solid showings from all the other tribes especially the Red Talons

Comment

I live in eastern Tennessee, so canonically, it's whatever Rage Across Appalachia said. Though, personally, I go with the Fianna (mostly of Scots-Irish decent) being one of the largest, along with Bone Gnawer Hillfolk (as well as a scattering of Road Warders, Rat Finks, Hood, and Frankweilers), and Get of Fenris. Then there are Uktena of both Cherokee and African American lineage. Interestingly, Nashville has the largest population of Kurds in the United States. Which could conceivably include Silent Striders, Children of Gaia, Black Furies, Silver Fangs (Wise Heart), and Uktena. While efforts were made to reintroduce red wolves into Tennessee, results were mixed. One major problem was coyotes spreading into the region and cross breeding with them. This is probably a set back for the Red Talons (and very possibly causing those in the region to go on a violent culling of coyotes and a conflict with Nuwisha). One the other hand, cougars are also making a comeback in the region, which is good for the Pumonica. Also black bears, and ravens. No crocodilians, but a nice variety of venomous snakes and spiders.

I'm still kind of amazed that there was never a Rage Across Alaska book. Aside from the fact that it's a great setting for the game (massive wilderness, a large Native population, and a lot of oil, mining, timber and fishing industry), White Wolf was really big on the Alaskan wolf hunting cause back in the early 90s. And it would've been cool to see a setting where the Wendigo and Red Talons are two of the most populous tribes.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
        Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Not USA, but I figure if anyone want to involve Finland in the mix, having uusimaa statted out could help.

Get of Fenris: I mean, Finland is one of their tribal countries, so obviously. Though in the very south of Uusimaa, they would mostly hang out in the woods of Espoo and so on. Assume them being around but not actually in 'power' as it were.

Glass Walkers: At least in Helsinki, there is not only a lot of technological development, but a lot of support for it. So there would be a large GW presence in the capital.

Bone Gnawers: In a bit of a pickle, though still numerous. Finland has what is often called as a nanny state, so most of the time people are well cared for. We have homeless people and obviously the system is not perfect. However, I think Gnawers might actually reject the system as EXTREMELY Weavery.

Children of Gaia: These guys actually are canonical in Finland, so I'd say they do their part in enforcing a more green Uusimaa.

Black Furies: Women are in a much better position in Finland than in many other countries, so I bet some Furies find their home here.

Shadow Lords, Silent Striders and Fera: With the influx of immigrants, plus eastern europeans coming here, these guys have grown in numbers.

Some notes:

-Being green is EXTREMELY in vogue. People will literally separate their trash to general, paper, cardboard,glass,metal and plastic. Caring for the enviroment is similarly encouraged.

-Wolves are highly politicized issue. A program about Finland's threastened wildlife got death threats a-plenty when it dealt with wolves.

-Native Fera would be guralh(VERY respected), corax and ratkin.
          Last edited by Ana Mizuki; 03-15-2019, 09:44 AM.

My gallery.

Comment

Originally posted by Frontline989 View Post
            Thinking about if I ever ran another WtA chronicle and how the tribal demographics of my state of Texas would be I started to wonder what others think would be most populous in their state. I'll start and if this sounds interesting chime in. This isn't based on canon but as an interpretation of how I see my home state being represented most accurately. If you're not an American you could still list your interpretation but it probably is more easily defined since the tribes have fairly well defined canon examples of European strongholds.

Children of Gaia: This tribe would be focused around the largely liberal city and capitol of the state Austin where they could attempt to influence mortal politics in the favor of green and humanitarian initiatives.

Bone Gnawers: With the third highest homeless numbers via the US Interagency Council on Homelessness in the nation the Gnawers would be present in the largest cities Houston, DFW, and Austin and with some hillfolk clans spread throughout the state.

Get of Fenris: A large number of German immigrants back in the 1800's the Get would have found a number of caerns to claim from the Uktena and have established themselves as one of the dominant tribes of the state.

Glass Walkers: With Texas being well known for its high technology focus second only to California it has a large presence of Glass Walkers in the highly modern cities of Houston and Dallas.

Uktena: A traditional stronghold of the Tribe they have lost many caerns in the centuries since the arrival of the Europeans but they remain a significant presence along the Gulf of Mexico and the few pockets of Native American communities in the state.
            This all seems fairly accurate, as an Austin resident myself. There is a small Glass Walker caern in Austin too - drawn in by the promise of a tech boom and all.

However, I think you forgot one important faction - the Pit(s?) of BSDs that must exist somewhere between Houston, Austin, DFW, and San Antonio whose totem is the Bane Incarna of Traffic...

Will try to do a write up if Georgia (childhood home) when I get home tonight too.

Comment

USA Most Populous Garou Populations by State:
              1. Alabama: Bone Gnawer
              2. Alaska: Bone Gnawer
              3. Arizona: Bone Gnawer
              4. Arkansas: Bone Gnawer
              5. California: Bone Gnawer
              6. Colorado: Bone Gnawer
              7. Connecticut: Bone Gnawer
              8. Delaware: Bone Gnawer
              9. Florida: Bone Gnawer
              10. Georgia: Bone Gnawer
              11. Hawaii: Bone Gnawer
              12. Idaho: Bone Gnawer
              13. Illinois: Bone Gnawer
              14. Indiana: Bone Gnawer
              15. Iowa: Bone Gnawer
              16. Kansas: Bone Gnawer
              17. Kentucky: Bone Gnawer
              18. Louisiana: Bone Gnawer
              19. Maine: Bone Gnawer
              20. Maryland: Bone Gnawer
              21. Massachusetts: Bone Gnawer
              22. Michigan: Bone Gnawer
              23. Minnesota: Bone Gnawer
              24. Mississippi: Bone Gnawer
              25. Missouri: Bone Gnawer
              26. Montana: Bone Gnawer
              27. Nebraska: Bone Gnawer
              28. Nevada: Bone Gnawer
              29. New Hampshire: Bone Gnawer
              30. New Jersey: Bone Gnawer
              31. New Mexico: Bone Gnawer
              32. New York: Bone Gnawer
              33. North Carolina: Bone Gnawer
              34. North Dakota: Bone Gnawer
              35. Ohio: Bone Gnawer
              36. Oklahoma: Bone Gnawer
              37. Oregon: Bone Gnawer
              38. Pennsylvania: Bone Gnawer
              39. Rhode Island: Bone Gnawer
              40. South Carolina: Bone Gnawer
              41. South Dakota: Bone Gnawer
              42. Tennessee: Bone Gnawer
              43. Texas: Bone Gnawer
              44. Utah: Bone Gnawer
              45. Vermont: Bone Gnawer
              46. Virginia: Bone Gnawer
              47. Washington: Bone Gnawer
              48. West Virginia: Bone Gnawer
              49. Wisconsin: Bone Gnawer
              50. Wyoming: Bone Gnawer

If there is one advantage to having low standards and a tribal totem that likes "irresponsible breeding", it is that you'll end up with a lot of mutts. And that isn't including the fact that they'll take in the riff-raff from basically all the other tribes... Now, if you're talking about tribal representation at Caerns, that's an entirely different story. I suspect that a not insignificant portion of these packs are going to effectively be Road Warriors, and unwelcome at certain caerns.

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Mizuki View Post
                Not USA, but I figure if anyone want to involve Finland in the mix, having uusimaa statted out could help.
                I always figured that there would be at least a small smattering of Silver Fangs, probably of House Crescent Moon, given Russia's proximity and habit of trying to meddle.

Also that the Uktena would've taken advantage of the post-WW2/Winter War chaos to try to move in among the Sami peoples, much to the annoyance of the Fennoscandian Get of Fenris.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post

I always figured that there would be at least a small smattering of Silver Fangs, probably of House Crescent Moon, given Russia's proximity and habit of trying to meddle.

Also that the Uktena would've taken advantage of the post-WW2/Winter War chaos to try to move in among the Sami peoples, much to the annoyance of the Fennoscandian Get of Fenris.
                  Oh, absolutely. But I focused mainly on the capital city of Helsinki and the surrounding areas.

Map here: https://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uudenm...suomi.2011.svg

Where one might find Fangs would be Kotka (closest to Russia), Vaasa (the old OLD capital) or Turku (the old Capital.) Uktena and Wendigo would be found far far up, in Rovaniemi and above. Sure, some might appear in Helsinki, but not in any greater numbers.

My gallery.

Comment

Rage Across Finland is one of those things I keep hoping might show up in the ST's Vault at some point.

Since I mentioned Alaska, I'm going to guess a relatively large population of Wendigo and Red Talons. Silver Fangs possibly dating back to Russian colonization. Some Bone Gnawers, Fianna and Get of Fenris from the Gold Rush period. A small number of Glass Walkers centered in Anchorage, and a smattering of other tribes. Corax along the coast, a relatively noteworthy population of Gurahl and Qualmi, and various Ratkin lurking about. Maybe a Kitsune visitor or two.

Comment

Working...
                    X