Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anything that talks about Garou relations during the 1800s to other fera?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anything that talks about Garou relations during the 1800s to other fera?

My group got sent to the past and aside from a Stargazer were not exactly sure how eastcost 1800s Garou would react to Mokole or other fera for that mater. Mostly wondering because the pack has a Mokole.

• No One of Consequence
    replied
    I think Past Lives was the original time travel adventure book, IIRC.

Mokole get a super brief mention in the original Wild West Companion, but that was all as the game was primarily focused on the West, and the Mokole were primarily located along the Gulf of Mexico and parts of Florida and Georgia's Atlantic coasts. However, I think this predated the Breedbook mentioning that they could breed with Gila Monster lizards (again, IIRC). I've never read the WW20 Wyld West material, but I'm assuming it does talk about them more than the original did. (I rather wish the original had been able to do a New Orleans setting book which included the Mokole, as the city's post-war history is rather interesting.)

As far as how 19th century Garou react to various Fera, that'll differ - sometimes wildly (npi) - depending on tribe and location and even individual background. Uktena and Wendigo, for example, are likely to be at least neutral when meeting Native American Fera, but are likely to be suspicious or worse of any European or other non-Natives. (The Uktena would be slightly more open or at least curious, and those of African American stock may be especially curious of other African descended shifters.) European Garou tend to be more hostile toward the Fera as they usually only know of them from stories, usually those justifying the War(s) of Rage. The main exception to this is the Corax, as the Fianna and Get of Fenris tend to have some minor interactions with them. (However, they and probably the Silver Fangs are likely to have the most negative reaction to Mokole because of cultural associations with dragons.) Also the Bone Gnawers view the Ratkin with warry respect (in the sense that they try not to antagonise them too much). The Silent Striders have stories about the various Fera of the Nile, but sadly for most of them these are just old stories of better times. The Children of Gaia, obviously, are going to be the most open, but it may come across as this slightly patronizing 'White Man's Burden'/"We have to teach the unfortunate backward Fera how to behave" thing. The Red Talons have some sort of secret tie to the Gurahl, but I can't remember any details ATM.

Leave a comment:

• lncbill
    replied
    Originally posted by gx240 View Post
    Does the Wild West core book mention the Mokole, or was it one of the other Wild West books? I've looked through the core book before, but I don't remember seeing anything about them specifically. The Mokole are my favorite Fera, so I'd be curious to know if there's anything more about them that I missed. The only books I remember with any significant amount of Mokole content were:
    • Mokole Breedbook
    • Werewolf Players Guide
    • W20: Changing Breeds
    • (Some weird time travel scenario book I can't quite remember?)
    Did they make a big appearance anywhere else, especially with more lore and background info?
    Shattered Dreams is the time travel book.

Wyld West or actually one of the supplements has information on the Mokole including a bit about the Seminoles.

Leave a comment:

• marin
    replied
    Originally posted by gx240 View Post
    • Mokole Breedbook
    • Werewolf Players Guide
    Shattered Dreams?

Leave a comment:

• gx240
    replied
    Does the Wild West core book mention the Mokole, or was it one of the other Wild West books? I've looked through the core book before, but I don't remember seeing anything about them specifically. The Mokole are my favorite Fera, so I'd be curious to know if there's anything more about them that I missed. The only books I remember with any significant amount of Mokole content were:
    • Mokole Breedbook
    • Werewolf Players Guide
    Did they make a big appearance anywhere else, especially with more lore and background info?

Leave a comment:

• lncbill
    replied
    The Mokole breed book and Wyld West both will have some information. Depending on when in the 1800's and where on the East Coast you have a few options the best option is to head for Florida at least for the Mokole.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X