Circumventing Metis deformities W20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circumventing Metis deformities W20

Pretty much what it says on the title, is there any merit, gift or mage/vampire power that can eliminate or mitigate the deformities that Metis face?

My current idea is Vicissitude 2 (Fleshcraft) and the deformities: Hip Dysplasia, Horns, Hunchback, Monstrous, Third Eye, and Tough Hide. I am not sure if the Metis would just heal the modification (and if it will keep at least the Tough Hide extra soak die).
    Last edited by lbeaumanior; 03-29-2019, 09:53 AM.

Originally posted by lbeaumanior View Post
    Pretty much what it says on the title, is there any merit, gift or mage/vampire power that can eliminate or mitigate the deformities that Metis face?

My current idea is Vicissitude 2 (Fleshcraft) and the deformities: Hip Dysplasia, Horns, Hunchback, Monstrous, Third Eye, and Tough Hide. I am not sure if the Metis would just heal the modification (and if it will keep at least the Tough Hide extra soak die).
    Yup he would heal it.

Comment

As far as I remember Vicissitude is healed as agg damage (ST handbook revised.) Other than that, metis deformities are mystical in nature. I think I've seen only ONE time that a metis deformity was healed, in Glass Walkers revised and that metis then gained a new deformity to jam technology.

If your third eye gets plucked out, it might cause re-ocurring headaches. If your horns are cut off, they might either regrow back even worse or result in mangy flesh near the cut off spot.

My gallery.

Comment

Naming 5 should do it...

Comment

Another mitigation strategy not for deformities but for a general weakness, the Silver Tolerance merit states: "You may soak silver damage in any form at difficulty 8"

Will this override Metis' inability to soak silver?
          Last edited by lbeaumanior; 03-29-2019, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Another mitigation strategy not for deformities but for a general weakness, the Silver Tolerance merit states: "You may soak silver damage in any form at difficulty 8"

Will this override Metis' inability to soak silver?
            Yes it does.

Comment

If you don't want that many deformities, why did your character have so many? You are really only required maybe two tops.

My gallery.

Comment

There are plenty of "nondeforminty" Deformity options in there if you just want gifts... like "Unnatural hair color"

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                  There are plenty of "nondeforminty" Deformity options in there if you just want gifts... like "Unnatural hair color"
                  Beastial reflection, snake tongue, foul odor. There are many.

My gallery.

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Mizuki View Post
                    If you don't want that many deformities, why did your character have so many? You are really only required maybe two tops.
                    I never said it has more than one, I was looking for ways to mitigate the worst ones. Basically, I am considering a mixed game, in which some idiots are trying to create an army of Metis, eliminating drawbacks, with the aim of creating an artificial Perfect Metis.

Also, a bit of metagaming with Metis deformities, to optimize for combat. The best ones (FOR COMBAT) would be Hirsute, and Tough Hide. The latter more so than the former.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                      There is also the option of using freebies to raise Willpower to the maximum possible, and getting Fits of Madness, or Seizures. With a difficulty of 8, 10 dice give you on average slightly more than 3 successes. And of course, you have 10 willpower points.

Comment

Why you don't just ban stuff and play a normal nice story ?

Comment

I never said it has more than one, I was looking for ways to mitigate the worst ones. Basically, I am considering a mixed game, in which some idiots are trying to create an army of Metis, eliminating drawbacks, with the aim of creating an artificial Perfect Metis.

Also, a bit of metagaming with Metis deformities, to optimize for combat. The best ones (FOR COMBAT) would be Hirsute, and Tough Hide. The latter more so than the former.

Bring the Apis back from the Dead?

Comment

Mmmmm, healing and mitigating (and concealing through the both) Metis deformities... hard to do and if successful bye bye renown!

Comment

Originally posted by Moirdryd View Post
                              Mmmmm, healing and mitigating (and concealing through the both) Metis deformities... hard to do and if successful bye bye renown!
                              But it wont be hiding if you can actually heal them. The Silver Tolerance merit is an ability all Garou COULD possess, why that merit would cost the Metis renown?

Comment

Working...
                              X