Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the Skinner SAS provide a good packaged adventure template?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does the Skinner SAS provide a good packaged adventure template?

    I'm looking to do an ST Vault canned story and am wondering if people found the Skinner SAS to work well. If so, it's a good template, if not, I'll avoid it. What were the thoughts and criticisms and has anyone done any good SASs otherwise?

    Thanks!

  • #2
    The only thing that might be hard for first time players, would be the whole legend of Sam Haigth. The SAS does a good job is explaining why the SkinDancers are a threat (and WHY they are) but you do need to do some reading on the legend himself to establish HOW scary he is. The book tries to, but depending on your tastes, you could add the crossover elements back in. Chaos Factor is recommended reading to run the Skinner.
    Last edited by Ana Mizuki; 04-17-2019, 11:48 PM.


    My gallery.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Ana Mizuki View Post
      The only thing that might be hard for first time players, would be the whole legend of Sam Haigth. The SAS does a good job is explaining why the SkinDancers are a threat (and WHY they are) but you do need to do some reading on the legend himself to establish HOW scary he is. The book tries to, but depending on your tastes, you could add the crossover elements back in. Chaos Factor is recommended reading to run the Skinner.
      Though Chaos Factor IS an early book, whose elements (both Werewolf and crossover) come from a time when White Wolf was just figuring its stuff out. (For example, I'd go with the retcon that Haight never gained a Mage's True Magick, and instead he just had a potent magical item that exploded due to excess Paradox).


      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bluecho View Post
        Though Chaos Factor IS an early book, whose elements (both Werewolf and crossover) come from a time when White Wolf was just figuring its stuff out. (For example, I'd go with the retcon that Haight never gained a Mage's True Magick, and instead he just had a potent magical item that exploded due to excess Paradox).
        I remember reading about that and going WTF

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Ana Mizuki View Post
          The only thing that might be hard for first time players, would be the whole legend of Sam Haigth. The SAS does a good job is explaining why the SkinDancers are a threat (and WHY they are) but you do need to do some reading on the legend himself to establish HOW scary he is. The book tries to, but depending on your tastes, you could add the crossover elements back in. Chaos Factor is recommended reading to run the Skinner.
          I'm not shooting to run Skinner so much as emulate the set up. Mage has no SAS modules/supplements so before I use it as a template, I'm looking for commentary on how well it worked as a tool.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PhillyCuriosity View Post
            I'm not shooting to run Skinner so much as emulate the set up. Mage has no SAS modules/supplements so before I use it as a template, I'm looking for commentary on how well it worked as a tool.
            I storytelled that module. The matrix could be helpful for an inexperienced storyteller, but an experienced would (just my oppinion) just tell the tale without those artifical frames.
            For me the story was useable, for the players enjoyable, but the SAS-system a MEH.


            Comment

            Working...
            X