Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you allow your players to transform instantly into Crinos?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you allow your players to transform instantly into Crinos?

Or do you make them spend Rage to do so, or only a primal-urge roll is enough?

There's nothing special about Crinos here. What it takes is variable. Metis can do it reflexively, certain Merits and Gifts can influence it, non-Metis can always spend a Rage for it, or you can roll for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
      There's nothing special about Crinos here. What it takes is variable. Metis can do it reflexively, certain Merits and Gifts can influence it, non-Metis can always spend a Rage for it, or you can roll for it.

But what do YOU think?

Comment

I think the rules are fine as-is and there's no compelling reason to muck with them.

Comment

I see, but if I'm not mistaken using a primal urge roll you have to go through the forms and not straight to the form you want, isn't it right?

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Meister View Post
            I see, but if I'm not mistaken using a primal urge roll you have to go through the forms and not straight to the form you want, isn't it right?

Unless they are metis, or have a merit or a gift.

Comment

I see, so I remember right. Thank you.

Comment

Well, go through a form. Since Crinos is in the middle, you never need to go through more than one intermediary form (Homid to Glabro to Crinos, or Lupus to Hispo to Crinos). So it's a Stamina + Primal Urge extended roll (that is you can keep rolling multiple turns in a row as long as you don't botch) at diff 6 that requires 2 success.

Comment

Yeah, but in combat in WoD, 1 turn makes ALL the difference!

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Meister View Post
                    Yeah, but in combat in WoD, 1 turn makes ALL the difference!
                    Not as much as preparation. Going into a combat where one turn changing matters.... is already sub optimal. OF course Hispo is also a pretty awesome killing form too.

Comment

Surely, I just said that because it matters and specifically in the case I'm thinkng in game.

Comment

Right... if werewolves have time, even 10 seconds, to get ready, they're going to be in the form they want to be in. If they have zero time to prepare, they have to choose between taking a turn (or potentially more if the dice hate them) or spending a bit of Rage... or just have a 7 pt Merit.

Comment

Herr Meister I allow it if a character gets 5 successes on the shifting roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
                            Right... if werewolves have time, even 10 seconds, to get ready, they're going to be in the form they want to be in. If they have zero time to prepare, they have to choose between taking a turn (or potentially more if the dice hate them) or spending a bit of Rage... or just have a 7 pt Merit.

Isn't "Entering combat" a way to get rage... or is that just a house rule we've been playing with.

Comment

Somewhere between.

The start of a tense situation can get you Rage as emotions start to rile up; including a fight about to start. But it's going to be situational, not automatic.

Comment

Working...
                              X