Origins of Werewolf The Apocalypse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• samuraijake07
    started a topic Origins of Werewolf The Apocalypse?

Origins of Werewolf The Apocalypse?

Recently after listening to a podcast briefly discussing the behind the scenes creation of Mage: The Ascension, I was curious about where did the concept of Werewolf: The Apocalypse come from? Who came up with the idea to make them warriors of Gaia rather than just mindless beasts? Where did the idea of the Garou being so tied to spirits come from?

Is there any interview or Q&A (print, podcasts, video, etc.) that talks about the making of Werewolf? I ask because every time I google "Werewolf the Apocalypse origins" or "the history of Werewolf the Apocalypse", it just gives me links talking about the upcoming video game or random non-Garou werewolf media :/

• heinrich
    replied
    Mark Rein-Hagen told on conventions that the game was inspired by information he got on global warming. I can't remember if it was a radio broadcast or a newspaper, or TV. Anyway, if memory serves, this is also the correct answer to White Wolf's quiz cellphone app, concerning the origins behind WtA.

Leave a comment:

• No One of Consequence
    replied
    Exactly who of the 1st edition design team decided on that approach, I couldn't say, but it was heavily influenced by Whitley Strieber's novel The Wolfen and its 1981 film adaptation (and likely his later books Nature's End and Wolf of Shadows, as well).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X