Different editions of the Books of the Wyrm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different editions of the Books of the Wyrm

Are there big changes between 1st ed Book of the Wyrm, 2nd ed Book of the Wyrm, and W20 Book of the Wyrm?

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

20th edition is basically a total overhaul of the BSDs. As the White Howlers in 20th edition are very diufferent, the BSD goals are very different as well. They are still horrid mauling things, but now some believe the apocalypse has been won.

My gallery.

Comment

In addition to the aforementioned changes Book of the Wyrm 20th also has a lot of new material that cannot be found on the previous editions. Like information on other Fallen shifters aside from BSD’s and Buzzards, 20th also has the Antara, Histpah, Mnetics, Bitter-Grins, the Mad Destroyers, Balefire Sharks and the Xibalan. It also introduced some new Wyrm Critters the Mockeries whom consist of War Wolves, Anurana, Samsa, Kerasi and Yeren. It also has information on the Chulorviah who were first introduced in Blood Dimmed Tides.

All in all if your going to get one Book of the Wyrm it should be the 20th Anniversary edition.

Edit: I also recommend the Storytellers Vault product Riot of the Flesh by Holden that has more Fomori Breeds for 20th edition and more about playing Fomori.
      Last edited by Possessed; 05-25-2019, 08:17 PM.

Comment

W20 Book of Wyrm doesn't have stats for Wyrm champions and that makes realy sad. While 1st edition had an awesome First Ronin.

Comment

Only First book of the Wyrm had the Dancer Renown Creeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Story Letter View Post
            W20 Book of Wyrm doesn't have stats for Wyrm champions and that makes realy sad. While 1st edition had an awesome First Ronin.
            First Ronin is awesome and leaves a lot, early books always give stats for Badass.

And To be honest I think early books Always do something... stupid, giving stats for Badass, making out-of-control crossovers, giving very strange stats. But it doesn't matter, early things are always imperfect.
            Last edited by Rock113; 05-27-2019, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock113 View Post

First Ronin is awesome and leaves a lot, early books always give stats for Badass.

And To be honest I think early books Always do something... stupid, giving stats for Badass, making out-of-control crossovers, giving very strange stats. But it doesn't matter, early things are always imperfect.
              No supplement is perfect and I find it exciting that older supplements have things that newer ones don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Story Letter View Post

No supplement is perfect and I find it exciting that older supplements have things that newer ones don't.
                Yeah for instance Samuel-Haight, one statted Incarna in mage Book of Madness, older books also have better ideas...

Comment

A lot of RPGs from the very early 90s, including first editions of Vampire, Werewolf and Mage, were rather different animals from what came later. I think a lot of this was that the heavy influence of AD&D and similar games, were just about everything was fully started out. (Including gods, for those that wanted to have their PCs try to fight Odin or Zeus.) Sort of the way early Ravenloft had stats for all the Darklords, even though from a genre standpoint, actually fighting one of them to the death was rather improbable.

I was always a little disappointed that revised didn't have a Book of the Wyrm Companion that included a bunch of new stuff (more Banes and the like, more Fomori breeds, more Wyrm cults, etc.). But then I was also disappointed that Subsidiaries wasn't a series of four or five volumes.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                  Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
                    I was always a little disappointed that revised didn't have a Book of the Wyrm Companion that included a bunch of new stuff (more Banes and the like, more Fomori breeds, more Wyrm cults, etc.). But then I was also disappointed that Subsidiaries wasn't a series of four or five volumes.
                    You don't say?
                    http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...any-by-company

Comment

Is it that obvious?

I would've at least liked a second one covering O'Tolley's (it would touch on a lot of things that impact the Garou and Fera in negative ways such as cattle ranching, food and paper waste, humanity being separated from nature in such a key area as food, kinkolk health, etc.), Herculean (gamers love guns, especially in a combat heavy game like Werewolf), OMNI (a threat for more tech oriented characters, plus some crossover potential), Hallahan (a potential major threat for the Rokea), Harold & Harold (a lot of potential BSD involvement), and Young & Smith (because they are everywhere and would possibly allowed for a modern look at the Red Circle).

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

My biggest gripe (and really only gripe) with 20th was they nixed the white howler based bsd camp. Y’all know the one.

WoD-Dark Eras!! (Backed for Viking Age Werewolf)

Comment

The Cluithi are awesome. If we weren't still using second edition info, I'd be missing them too. Book of the Wyrm 1st and 2nd edition is more crossover-friendly, if that's your thing. There's information on Dancer Ronin in both 1st edition (page 15, paragraph 5, sentence 1 ) and 2nd edition (page 90, paragraph 1, sentence 1.)

Get the MET book! It has totems and rites that never made it into the rest of the books! Two totems and 23 rites -- some of which are corrupt Gaian rites, others are Dancr-specific. The back of the book has early information on Fallen Fera, later updated in Wyrm 20.

Comment

Working...
                          X