Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to fill a Magpies Swag or spiders Satchel with.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to fill a Magpies Swag or spiders Satchel with.

what to fill these fetish bags with

What qualifys as advanced weaver devices?

Does a Laptop, tablet, E reader, smart phone, revolver , and assault rifle work good for a spiders satchel?
    Last edited by Prince of the Night; 06-01-2019, 10:23 AM.

It's not "advanced" Weaver devices... just Weaver devices that work. You can put a broken gun in a Magpie's Swag, but not a functional one (making it more useful to Gnawers who are likely to want to carry around a lot of junk since they have Gifts to get around things being broken).

As for what to fill it with?

For most Tribes, I see these being a go to thing for ritualists. A lot of Rites have material components to them, so whatever ones they lead/participate in frequently tends to dictate a lot of what goes in the Fetish.

Gnawers and Striders have a tendency to want to be able to carry around their basic essentials since they're less likely to have a solid home base to store things safely. So they're more likely to be extremely utilitarian about the contents. Whatever they want to have regardless of the circumstances. Spare clothing, water and food, fire sources, things like that.

After that if a Garou is trying to do a human style job (usually Walkers but not exclusively; esp. jobs that are easier to hold despite Rage because they involve lots of time away from people), then this Fetish tends to get put to use for all the tools of the trade. Art supplies, crafting tools, assassin weapons, etc.

Most characters that use firearms or other Weaver-tech are going to want to Dedicate or have Fetish versions of those tools so they don't have to worry about getting them out of the bag/satchel in a pinch. Spending two turns getting your gun out of your bag instead of having it ready to draw could mean a huge difference in a fight. Though I have seen a Spider's Satchel used by a GW sniper for all their sniper gear and rely on a Dedicated sidearm since sniping doesn't really work if you're caught without time to setup anyway. That all said, if your character has low Gnosis and wants to carry a bunch of stuff around just for the creature comforts it's a good Fetish to take.

Comment

For a Corax or Returned Camazotz I think it makes you a great deal more mobile allowing you to take a lot more stuff with you.

But what can you fit in a bag with 3 times as much space as it should have?

Is their a fetish gun anywhere you know of?

Comment

Chiminage and ritual items, as well as notebooks and maybe rations is helpful.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

A fridge full of food, it's not in the plug so it counts as unfunctional.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
            But what can you fit in a bag with 3 times as much space as it should have?
            Um... three times as much as the bag holds?

Is their a fetish gun anywhere you know of?
            The GW Tribebooks, and Hammer & Klaive at a minimum.

Originally posted by Story Letter View Post
            A fridge full of food, it's not in the plug so it counts as unfunctional.
            I don't think turning a device off works for the Fetish... otherwise the no Weaver tech thing basically doesn't work because you can turn almost anything off.

Comment

ok ho much space is 3 times the space of a laptop carrying case?

Comment

What are you looking for? Me to find a laptop case's dimensions and do the math of how much volume is triple the normal space? I'm not sure what the lack of clarity here is.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post

I don't think turning a device off works for the Fetish... otherwise the no Weaver tech thing basically doesn't work because you can turn almost anything off.
                  Joking Arms !

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                    ok ho much space is 3 times the space of a laptop carrying case?
                    3 Laptops...
                    From a supply store, a Case holds roughly 50 x 400 x 275 in mms which is 0.0055 cubic meters (1.2 Gallons). Triple that is still only .0165 cubic Meters. 16.5 Litres or 3.6 Gallons.

As to the original question - Anything that is modern technology (or even slightly advanced Technology) is Fair Game as long as it's not a fetish.
                    ... The interesting question is - Does a corpse count as an "Object" once the spirit has departed, because a Duffel Bag or Hockey Bag could hold most corpses before the multiplier....

Comment

Snacks and drinks

Are you on the square?
                      Are you on the level?

Comment

oh!? are incense, candles and swords too "weaver" for a magpies Swag?

Comment

I'd say that incense and candles are part of the intended use for Magpie.
                          A sword, I might judge depending o construction, as base swords aren't exactly new technology, most of the bags that the Swag will let you create with the fetish use more modern techniques and materials. However, 3d printed parts, Carbon fibre handles, Tungsten Carbide edge or Titanium core and the like are really taking advantage of modern Weaver-developments, so i'd say no personally.

Basically any sword that every tribe except the Glass Walkers would use, (or Bone Gnawers might be given by Glass walkers) would be fine in a Magpie's Swag.

Comment

Hmmmn whats a Corax or Silent strider probably want in a spiders satchel?

Since it lets them carry a bit of civilization with them.

A tablet that can access networks without Wifi?

aught else.

Comment

A secured tablet would be good.
                              Having something that can access networks without Wifi would probably need for it to be a fetish
                              So it'd need to be separately dedicated anyway

Comment

Working...
                              X