Shattered Dreams real play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shattered Dreams real play?

Hey y'all. I'm thinking about running a campaign based around the Shattered Dreams book from W20. Has anyone run either story in the book? What were your experiences? Did anything happen that really surprised you? Did you use werewolves or fera? Any general thoughts about the plot that you would want to share?

I ran the first story (actual time travel one) about a year or two ago. I found the set up works best if you've played for a bit before starting (same characters for about 1.5 or 2 years but I'd say just 4 or 5 sessions to establish a baseline normal).
    My players started to get burned out trying to jump in every timeline. To alleviate that I created some pregens of different tribes and changing breeds to let them try something different and I used the short hand adventure rules. So it might be worth reading up on those.
    Finally the final fight with Night Master feels a bit easy for my group. Though they were pretty high rank and well equipped so milage might vary there.
    I found the story to be a lot of fun and I think you'll enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by geeklord1 View Post
      I ran the first story (actual time travel one) about a year or two ago. I found the set up works best if you've played for a bit before starting (same characters for about 1.5 or 2 years but I'd say just 4 or 5 sessions to establish a baseline normal).
      My players started to get burned out trying to jump in every timeline. To alleviate that I created some pregens of different tribes and changing breeds to let them try something different and I used the short hand adventure rules. So it might be worth reading up on those.
      Finally the final fight with Night Master feels a bit easy for my group. Though they were pretty high rank and well equipped so milage might vary there.
      I found the story to be a lot of fun and I think you'll enjoy it.
      This warms my heart. Glad to hear you had fun!

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

That is good to hear. My players will be revisiting characters they played for over 2 years so they will be rank 4 & 5. I want to ensure that it is definitely a challenge for them.

Comment

Originally posted by roleplayrose View Post
          That is good to hear. My players will be revisiting characters they played for over 2 years so they will be rank 4 & 5. I want to ensure that it is definitely a challenge for them.
          Boost Night Master a little bit then. I'd suggest giving him some spirit powers on top of his gifts.

When I ran it, I had a lot of fun messing with my players by replacing long running NPCs with new ones who act like they've known the pack the entire time. In my case the Warder they built a relationship with was replaced with someone of equal rank. When they asked about the original character the elders asked, "How do you know that name? He died well before your time." Then have things change faster and faster.
          At one point they left the Sept for some recon and when they returned the whole Sept was replaced with Changing Breeds. They are shocked saying they've never met a Garou and thought they were all extinct ect. Ton of fun messing with players to telegraph the time changes. If your players are anything like mine.

Comment

I am also thinking about running the time-travel scenario with my established players and am very thankful for your advice and inspiration!

Comment

I am actually drawn quite a bit to the harano story as well, so I am thinking if combining some elements of the two threads together. I have some planning to do yet but I haven't played WW in a long time and I miss it.

Comment

We started the adventure and tha players reached the first timeline anomaly.
                (It wasn't "official", but a Wild West story about the birth of Pentex and an possible merge with the Society of the Weeping moon.)

But I have started to think more and more on ST a journey based on the Shattered Dreams.

I would make a crossover based on the WW cosmology & for experienced players/characters. For me it would be intresting for different type of creatures try to enforce their own desires on the timestreams.

Comment

Working...
                X