Capstone book?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capstone book?

So looking at the releases coming down the pipe it seems that we are getting ready for a Capstone product, like BJD. The only thing I am seeing is the Art book in the schedule. Is there more coming or are we thinking that that is all for W20?

I think Changing Ways was the capstone, as much as it was a mess.

My gallery.

Comment

Rich has pointed out a few times lately that Onyx Path can only pitch 20th books to WW/Paradox. So even if any of the Onyx Path folks working on the WoD lines want to do a BJD like book for WtA, it's not happening until/if WW/Paradox says so.

Given the extremely small number of books making it onto the schedule for pre-5th edition WoD games that weren't from before V5 came out, most of the fans seem to be of the mind that WW/Paradox isn't going to approve more 20th books for the time being. Maybe we'll get something like BJD as a metaplot bridge once W5 is closer to ready as part of the hype to transition folks form W20 to W5, but otherwise it doesn't seem likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
        Rich has pointed out a few times lately that Onyx Path can only pitch 20th books to WW/Paradox. So even if any of the Onyx Path folks working on the WoD lines want to do a BJD like book for WtA, it's not happening until/if WW/Paradox says so.

Given the extremely small number of books making it onto the schedule for pre-5th edition WoD games that weren't from before V5 came out, most of the fans seem to be of the mind that WW/Paradox isn't going to approve more 20th books for the time being. Maybe we'll get something like BJD as a metaplot bridge once W5 is closer to ready as part of the hype to transition folks form W20 to W5, but otherwise it doesn't seem likely.
        Even then above sentiment still feels...odd.

I can accept there being no more V20 and W20 due to WoD5e being a thing, and in theory W5 being next, despite the criticisms and controversies surrounding V5 no doubt delaying it.

But for everything else? I'm...not sure. Why would nuWW/Paradox want to halt M20, Wr20, and C20 releases, even though their WoD5e releases are YEARS down the line? Especially Wr20 and C20, gamelines that have barely started. Seems strange to shut them down now.

Comment

I generally agree. oWW didn't stop 1e or 2e books for lines while new editions were being phased in. We had some Revised books done by Onyx Path after V20 for other game lines. Etc.

I can think of reasons, but in the end it's on WW/Paradox and I haven't agreed with lots of decisions they've made.

Comment

Really the only actual reason I can think of is to stop brand confusion between OPP and nuWW/Paradox...which even then, still seems to happen regardless. Even now, we STILL have people who think "OPP = nuWW/Paradox".

Comment

There are other things. Given some of the WW edits of W20 supplements, it's possible that the books Onyx Path freelancers want to do are things WW doesn't want to retcon away later, even if WW would be OK with other possible books.

Even something like an equivalent to Lore of the Clans for W20 could have potential W20 writers wanting to push the Tribes in directions WW feels clash with their plans with W5.

The same can easily hold true for the other games.

Again, I don't think this is the right choice... but it's not our choice to make.

Comment

Working...
              X