Garou and xenophobia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lashet View Post

I did. All out hatred is the only WtA feature. Others just don't like them.
    They were literally made to wipe out demons, Garou are literally the antibodies of the Earth, just as Caerns are literally spiritual organs of the universe. Most of the other supernaturals don't actively detract from the universe by existing, changelings keep magic healthy in the world, Mages shape the world (which can be good or bad), ghosts just want to resolve their issues (technically Garou try to get rid of them as well but ideally through benevolent means). What do Vampires add to the world, their gameline's point is literally selfishness and survival? They prey on people, ghouls are psychologically scarred and are separated from their lives before. The only ones who actually try to look out for humanity usually do so because they want their blood for themselves or their secret masters. Cainites are the also the splat that doesn't really have a rule against killing humans if you can do it secretly. Some changelings allow that, and some mages do it and hide it from their fellows, but over all the Supernatural community shy's away from it.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Speaking of vampire kiss... Pfaff. Garou literally eat people sometimes. So? Let people make some fun
      I am sure an Euthanos mage would kill a vampire for insulting the cycle of life. Changelings, depending on the banality rules, might avoid them due to their high banality. If the ST is kinder with banality rules, they'd just kill them.

As for garou eating humans, it is forbidden in their laws VERY heavily. To eat human means you are literally controlled by the wyrm, a sick ronin or a BSD.

My gallery.

Comment

Speaking of vampire kiss... Pfaff. Garou literally eat people sometimes. So? Let people make some fun
        That's illegal for Garou to do by their own laws, they punish people for doing that... Vampires literally have a background called herd, for using humans you cultivate for easy food...

Comment

Originally posted by Lashet
          With all this is true, only Garou has "hunt and kill them whenever you can".Others can disgust, hate or certainly distrust them but not the whole splat hate all of the whole splat.
          That's a question of perspective.

The Technocracy certainly has a "hunt and kill them whenever you can" politic, it's just that they can't right now. So do some Traditions and certain factions within.

And with the others, I think that much of the so called tolerance it's just a consequence of being more individualistic (lacking a shared policy) or more carefree in general.
          Garou *care* about stuff. They're not a society of nihilistic bastards thinking on their self interest above their sacred mission (except when they are, se below). That's why they can't ignore vampires so easily. And they are warriors, figthers, soldiers. So they kill.

This is important for the game, because it's a game about Raging against evil, against bad stuff.

Vampires are no bueno...

Everyone knows this, but while others may turn a blind eye (for whatever reason) you rage.

It would take a lot from the game *not* being able to rage against them to pander Vampire fans ... And I think fans would come to resent this: I know fans that play a lot of vampire, but then like to chill out and hate vampires as Garou.

That being said, Garou aren't a hive mind. If they were, no Garou would ever defect to the BSD or have a Metis.

Garou thinking an alliance with vampires it's a good idea in spite of their oral tradition saying the contrary, or even thinking that not ALL vampires are equally bad are possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Mizuki View Post

I mean, this is very common thing here. A vampire fan comes in here saying WtA should be more like VtM, the garou more monstrous and so on. Not realising that the games have different themes.
            More monstrous? The BSD look at the worst of the Sabbat's rites and think that they're adorable.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleph View Post
              It would take a lot from the game *not* being able to rage against them to pander Vampire fans
              WHAT would it take from WtA? Inner logic? oWoD never have one. On the other hand - VtM-fans would not look down on your very favorite splat as on the fascists and until your became the splat's worst hater (that's my case).

Comment

Originally posted by HardestadtTheEvenYounger View Post

More monstrous? The BSD look at the worst of the Sabbat's rites and think that they're adorable.
                The general feeling I've gotten from all the threads discussing this, people want Gaian Garou to be BSDs level horrible. Or, at least how I've noticed the arguments go, less Protectors of the Earth and more ravening monsters like in the myths.

My gallery.

Comment

WHAT would it take from WtA? Inner logic? oWoD never have one. On the other hand - VtM-fans would not look down on your very favorite splat as on the fascists and until your became the splat's worst hater (that's my case).
                  It would sacrifice "inner logic" or consistency with the themes and setting if you will.

And I don't understand the rest of your post, are you calling werewolves facists, or vampires facists, or some other party facists?

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Mizuki View Post

The general feeling I've gotten from all the threads discussing this, people want Gaian Garou to be BSDs level horrible. Or, at least how I've noticed the arguments go, less Protectors of the Earth and more ravening monsters like in the myths.
                    Garou failed complitely in being heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                      It would sacrifice "inner logic" or consistency with the themes and setting if you will.

And I don't understand the rest of your post, are you calling werewolves facists, or vampires facists, or some other party facists?
                      Well that's how it was with me - VtM-fans demostrated that Garou (who I adored those times) act fascistic toward vampires and in fact, just a bunch of hypocrite, mindless bloodthristy barbarians.
                      As for me, I was a hater of WtA for years couse of disappoitment. Then I find Forsakens. Right now I'm mostly indifferent to oWoD and WtA. But... i still think that all out war with vampires was a HUGE mistake.

Comment

Yes. The oWoD has no true heroes as whole groups. Except, potentially, the Mummies. The rest of the heroes are select individuals. Everything else is tragic shades of grey, tragic shades of darker grey, and some factions are pure black.

cWoD Dice Probability Chart ||| cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator ||| cWoD Alternative Armor System
                        cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System ||| My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels ||| 'Interesting' Strength Attribute Stuff
                        EXPLOSIVE cWoD STUFF! ||| How Technocrats don't think they are Mages

Comment

Very much the point of the story, garou NEED to fix things to have even a sliver of a chance to do some good.

My gallery.

Comment

I wouldn't say completely, they have literally forestalled the apocalypse since prehistoric time. Literally the Apocalypse was kicking off 400 years ago and the Croatan halted it in their tracks by sacrificing their Tribes Souls. This isn't the only apocalyptic event they stopped just the last 11th hour doomsday.

And some, like Black Furies and Children of Gaia regularly do things like open orphanages and battered women shelters. This sounds pretty heroic.
                            , tell me say Garou tolerate vampires, what happens when a daughter of a Garou goes to her mother saying her own child was brainwashed by a blood drinking corpse for a couple years and was found drained of blood in the morgue. The Garou then goes let it go daughter vampires are just being vampires.

Or do you want Garou to team up with vampires to manipulate a city for selfish reasons leading to suffering and fat banes?

Comment

Hence nothing good can be said about them.
                              Hence they should be more shy and not put other splats (speaking of metagam) against themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post

I wouldn't say completely, they have literally forestalled the apocalypse since prehistoric time. Literally the Apocalypse was kicking off 400 years ago and the Croatan halted it in their tracks by sacrificing their Tribes Souls. This isn't the only apocalyptic event they stopped just the last 11th hour doomsday.

And some, like Black Furies and Children of Gaia regularly do things like open orphanages and battered women shelters. This sounds pretty heroic.
                                , tell me say Garou tolerate vampires, what happens when a daughter of a Garou goes to her mother saying her own child was brainwashed by a blood drinking corpse for a couple years and was found drained of blood in the morgue. The Garou then goes let it go daughter vampires are just being vampires.

Or do you want Garou to team up with vampires to manipulate a city for selfish reasons leading to suffering and fat banes?
                                That's should be the problem with thisand only this corpse. Also lot of normal Carol treat kinfolk as a walking incubators or seers. Well why not?
                                Last edited by Lashet; 09-10-2019, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X