Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunters Entertainment with Paradox to create Werewolf: The Apocalypse 5th edition.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunters Entertainment with Paradox to create Werewolf: The Apocalypse 5th edition.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Hunters_E...333844480?s=19

Good news! I have good feelings about this edition, I think that WTA was more in need of a complete rework than any other line of WoD.

Comment

I cannot wait to see how W5 follows through on the mood and theme promised by this trailer (and by older announcements from White Wolf's current owners, which were consistent with this.)

Comment

I'm concerned. Wasnt a fan of V5, and 20th anniversary/4e was great. Im skeptical.

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherMouse View Post
          I'm concerned. Wasnt a fan of V5, and 20th anniversary/4e was great. Im skeptical.
          If it was the mechanics of V5 that is what you don’t like, then it is probably a safe assumption to think you won’t like W5 since they have already announced that it will use similar mechanics.

Comment

I'm pretty mixed on this.

Hunters is a decent company, but they're more publishers than designers. They tapped Renegade Game Studio for the design... which makes sense for Hunters to do, but I'm really wondering how this pitch happened.

Renegade has a lot of really strong designers, but they're not dedicated RPG folks (which can be a positive and a negative). Who's going to be working on it? Why were they picked for it? Is W5 going to end up furthering the narratives of, "this is just one narrow vision of what WtA used to be," or, "this is a decent werewolf game, but it's not a WtA game," by giving this to a bunch of talented people that don't have a lot of WoD experience?

Like, if I heard through the grapevine that Doug Levandowski was working on a werewolf game that, like WtA, was going to explore werewolves that are more of a distinct creature instead of humans cursed during the full moon? I'd be excited. I love his work, and I'd love to see what he'd do with it. But he's pretty far from the first person I'd think of to head up a new edition of WtA. I don't know if he's on it, but Kids on Bikes is how I learned more about Renegade.

Comment

There's some language in there that sounds reminiscent of BNS metaplot/retcon crap....plus It's using the V5 mechanics...at least we still have good stuff coming out for WtA 1st-20th on SV.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwulfe View Post

If it was the mechanics of V5 that is what you don’t like, then it is probably a safe assumption to think you won’t like W5 since they have already announced that it will use similar mechanics.
                No one displeased with V5 is complaing about the mechanics.

Comment

Originally posted by Logothétēs View Post
                  I don't think that's true, since there's a V5 thread with a mechanics argument in the Vampire forum right this moment.

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherMouse View Post
                    Same here. Honestly, these news left me cold. V5 and the new WW's vision/direction is just so not my WoD and taking into account the many problems I have with V5 not just on the fluff, but on the rules level too... I just can't imagine this will be any different. Or Mage, or Changeling for that matter.

At best, it'll have rules concepts and/or story ideas I can tweak and use for my version.

Also, I just can't imagine it'll go down without even more political controversies than V5.

If nothing worked, then let's think!

Comment

I do, quite vociferously. Not all the mechanics, there are plenty of smart decisions for improving on the old system there, but I can't think of a single V5 system (as in the interaction of multiple individual mechanics) that I wouldn't want to house rule on some level if I had to run the system. And I include the core dice-rolling one on that (though it's a pretty simple house rule).

Comment

The post directly above yours.

Comment

I loathed the mechanics half as much as the fluff, but loathed them nonetheless

Comment

In my opinion it is a very good move from White Wolf/Paradox. First of all it might bring refreshment to setting. New team with no ties to old WW company and creators, That is blessing for the game.
                            The meat of the game is(again in my opinion) the story and plot with fresh ideas, Trailer is something new, something exciting. All tribes failed? All right, bring it on. The game might be darker and radical. If garou declare all out war against Weaver tribe (mankind) and other enemies I'm on the hype train. And NO, I don't think that the full scale conflict was already introduced in all the past books. Litany made it shadow war. I guess that many thing will be rewrited according to the trailer including litany,

Comment

Originally posted by werewolf43 View Post
                              That is blessing for the game.
                              Why? New perspectives are good, but old perspectives have value too. What if Hunters and Renegade get too caught up in making it "WtA proper" because they don't have the experience Onyx Path's team does with how far you can push things without getting too many people to toss it out as not "really WtA" any more? Onyx Path's track record with the CofD 2e books shows exactly what a mix of new ideas and experience can achieve rather than just a stale repeat of what was before.

Comment

Working...
                              X