Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this an accurate description of the Wyrm?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this an accurate description of the Wyrm?

I was trying to explain to someone what the Wyrm was. After I finished explaining it, he thought about it for a moment, then he goes "So this creature is ruining the environment and causing all this pain because it's stuck in a web and can't get out?" And I was like "Yeah, pretty much."

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Its a metaphysical cancer, things don't die like they are supposed to they get trapped and warped

You've been playing around the magic that is black
    But all the powerful magical mysteries never gave a single thing back

Comment

So because the Wyrm is trapped that's why it mutates into a creature of corruption instead of just entropy?

Comment

It a highly abstracted sense, yes.

The point of the Wyrm's corruption is that the Weaver's webs have grown too resilient to the Wyrm's original entropy, but in the process grew weak towards subversion. So to free itself the Wyrm changed into a being of corruption to turn the Weaver's systems self-destructive in hopes of giving the Wyrm enough power to free itself. Though if it can return to it's past state if freed is a giant question mark.

Comment

I never understood that part. Thank you.

Comment

The Wyrm is also split up into many, many pieces. The sudden existential crisis of the force from the original fracture produced the Triatic Wyrms - the Beast-of-War, Eater-of-Souls, and Defiler. These three Celestines, as attempts to understand the cosmos and its role in it, in turn begot the Maeljin Incarnae from the emotions that the Wyrm began to feel about its trauma. Below them are banes produced by the overall paradigm shift of existence, directed chiefly by the Defiler, which can move and act more easily amid the webs since it slides amid them rather than thrashing about, enraged at capture, or trying to eat them to fill an eternal longing.

Comment

Wow!!! Once again, I didn't know this. Thanks.

Comment

And remember emphasize the being trapped for timeless eons makes you agitated and nuts!

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Hmmm. Good point .

Comment

Working...
                  X