Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Werewolf: The Apocalypse: Earthblood news (Cinematic Trailer Live)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Werewolf: The Apocalypse: Earthblood news (Cinematic Trailer Live)

On today's WORLD OF DARKNESS NEWS by Outstar:

Starting at 28:00

* Earthblood will be available on PS4, computers, and Xbox One
    * We're getting an official announcement on June 5th from IGN's "Summer of Gaming" [Edit: Delayed twice so far due to protests]
    * The Cinematic Trailer will debut on June 8th.
    * Bloodlines 2 vs. Earthblood comparison: https://screenrant.com/werewolf-apoc...ames-compared/
    * It's a game about Werewolves vs. Pentex with the latter controlled by Vampires.

The basic plotline as has been revealed:

Cahal is a Fianna Ahroun who is living in the Pacific Northwest when he gets in a fight with his sept over something that results in him being banished and declared Ronin. Cahal's son is then killed during a conflict with Endron's logging subsidiary which has started clear-cutting the region around his tribe's caern. Returning, Cahal is on a mission of revenge against the vampires who are in charge of the logging despite having no support from his tribe.

One thing that has been emphasized is that Cahal is not actually in a good mental headspace and he's lost control of his rage due to being a Ronin for a year. As such, Cahal has to manage his rage meter carefully. If he doesn't then he has the potential to frenzy and go on a killing spree of innocents, allies, and other things. If he goes on too many of these frenzies, he's lost to the Beast of War and gets the Bad Ending. On the other hand, the more you rage, the easier the game is.

Gameplay will include skill trees, stealth, combat [duh], and being able to use three Garou forms. You will have a Hub World around the Pacific Northwest that includes multiple areas as well as the Penumbra. You will be doing side-quests as well as the main quests for EXP.

CINEMATIC TRAILER:

Last edited by CTPhipps; 06-10-2020, 06:02 PM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Oh boy oh boy, I hope my PC will be able to handle it.

Comment

So is this some kinda god of war clone?

You've been playing around the magic that is black
      But all the powerful magical mysteries never gave a single thing back

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post

Kind of a really limited budget GoW clone.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
          I was thinking more like Vampyr, which was a Darksouls clone.
          Last edited by CTPhipps; 06-09-2020, 10:46 PM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Sounds good. I think a werewolf game kinda has to be more linear and controlled than a vampire game. An old pre-made werewolf makes a lot more sense than a young charactergen. And whilst Rage... I have reservations about the implications for pen'n paper games, but for a stand alone game that sounds like a good mechanic.

I woulda made the first Werewolf Game an X-com clone with the story having critical choice options of "smart thing" and "Right thing" (Results VS Renown... but I wouldn't go all-in on this concept) but this'd work too.

For ease of reference: "VTM" means every edition that isn't V5, because V5... it's a very different product, and I don't want to write "Pre-V5" because that's lame and I'm lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
              Sounds good. I think a werewolf game kinda has to be more linear and controlled than a vampire game. An old pre-made werewolf makes a lot more sense than a young charactergen. And whilst Rage... I have reservations about the implications for pen'n paper games, but for a stand alone game that sounds like a good mechanic.

I woulda made the first Werewolf Game an X-com clone with the story having critical choice options of "smart thing" and "Right thing" (Results VS Renown... but I wouldn't go all-in on this concept) but this'd work too.
              I would have preferred doing a Lost Cub but the irony of Werewolf is you're kind of locked into being a teenager unless your character has been wandering around like Clark Kent in Man of Steel or the Incredible Hulk for decades.

Still, the fact the game IS coming out and hopefully will do well is something I'm glad. It means that Werewolf is going to once more be a viable game system. I always found it weird Hunter: The Reckoning had two games before Werewolf.

Comment

No, werewolf is obviously the hardest splat to put in a videogame, even if you make it a turn based strategy, point and click adventure or virtual novel. Different forms, different tribes, different classes, regular interaction with two planes of existence, shooting an melee elements, A brainwashed character who lives with a cult in the sticks...

Mummy would be easier, and I don't know the second thing about that game.

For ease of reference: "VTM" means every edition that isn't V5, because V5... it's a very different product, and I don't want to write "Pre-V5" because that's lame and I'm lazy.

Comment

Damn, Summer of Gaming has been moved to the 8th due to the protests.

Well, at least it was for a good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

I would have preferred doing a Lost Cub but the irony of Werewolf is you're kind of locked into being a teenager unless your character has been wandering around like Clark Kent in Man of Steel or the Incredible Hulk for decades.

Still, the fact the game IS coming out and hopefully will do well is something I'm glad. It means that Werewolf is going to once more be a viable game system. I always found it weird Hunter: The Reckoning had two games before Werewolf.
                    3, actually.

"Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger."

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

I was thinking more like Vampyr, which was a Darksouls clone.

Edit:

The basic plotline as has been revealed:

Cahal is a Fianna Ahroun who is living in the Pacific Northwest when he gets in a fight with his sept over something that results in him being banished and declared Ronin. Cahal's son is then killed during a conflict with Endron's logging subsidiary which has started clear-cutting the region around his tribe's caern. Returning, Cahal is on a mission of revenge against the vampires who are in charge of the logging despite having no support from his tribe.

One thing that has been emphasized is that Cahal is not actually in a good mental headspace and he's lost control of his rage due to being a Ronin for a year. As such, Cahal has to manage his rage meter carefully. If he doesn't then he has the potential to frenzy and go on a killing spree of innocents, allies, and other things. If he goes on too many of these frenzies, he's lost to the Beast of War and gets the Bad Ending. On the other hand, the more you rage, the easier the game is.

Gameplay will include skill trees, stealth, combat [duh], and being able to use three Garou forms. You will have a Hub World around the Pacific Northwest that includes multiple areas as well as the Penumbra. You will be doing side-quests as well as the main quests for EXP.

This news all sounds good to me. I'm getting excited.

"Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger."

Comment

I note that he's probably a Ronin because they didn't want to do a Vampire: The Masquerade: Redemption-esque party.

Comment

That poster is originally from Red Talons Revised Book, Page 66, and they almost didn't change it, well

Comment

So, anyone seen a hide or hair of the trailer?

My gallery.

Comment

They had to reschedule it twice due to the protests. It's coming on the 10th. Supposedly.

Comment

Working...
                              X