Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Werewolf: The Apocalypse: Earthblood news (Cinematic Trailer Live)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Werewolf: The Apocalypse: Earthblood news (Cinematic Trailer Live)

On today's WORLD OF DARKNESS NEWS by Outstar:

Starting at 28:00

* Earthblood will be available on PS4, computers, and Xbox One
    * We're getting an official announcement on June 5th from IGN's "Summer of Gaming" [Edit: Delayed twice so far due to protests]
    * The Cinematic Trailer will debut on June 8th.
    * Bloodlines 2 vs. Earthblood comparison: https://screenrant.com/werewolf-apoc...ames-compared/
    * It's a game about Werewolves vs. Pentex with the latter controlled by Vampires.

The basic plotline as has been revealed:

Cahal is a Fianna Ahroun who is living in the Pacific Northwest when he gets in a fight with his sept over something that results in him being banished and declared Ronin. Cahal's son is then killed during a conflict with Endron's logging subsidiary which has started clear-cutting the region around his tribe's caern. Returning, Cahal is on a mission of revenge against the vampires who are in charge of the logging despite having no support from his tribe.

One thing that has been emphasized is that Cahal is not actually in a good mental headspace and he's lost control of his rage due to being a Ronin for a year. As such, Cahal has to manage his rage meter carefully. If he doesn't then he has the potential to frenzy and go on a killing spree of innocents, allies, and other things. If he goes on too many of these frenzies, he's lost to the Beast of War and gets the Bad Ending. On the other hand, the more you rage, the easier the game is.

Gameplay will include skill trees, stealth, combat [duh], and being able to use three Garou forms. You will have a Hub World around the Pacific Northwest that includes multiple areas as well as the Penumbra. You will be doing side-quests as well as the main quests for EXP.

CINEMATIC TRAILER:

Last edited by CTPhipps; 06-10-2020, 06:02 PM.

• MyWifeIsScary
    replied
    Graphically pretty. Digging the darkness and that bikey look; Maybe they won't be shy on portraying werewolves as radical assholes. But it's a trailer for a trailer?

Edit: Seen the whole trailer

Wow that looks fucking awesome.

Not sure the uninitiated would know what they're looking at, but it does look very good. Loving those formori.
    Last edited by MyWifeIsScary; 06-11-2020, 01:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf-Man
    replied
    Originally posted by werewolf43 View Post
    Balor gaze , I think red eye could be that. And it's a clue for the rank or for gift you'll be able to get.
    Oh yeah, I see. Anyway, his full statistics would make a great unlockable in the game. Something you get for completing the game. How does that sound......of course most of his information would be highly guessable anyway.

Leave a comment:

• werewolf43
    replied
    Balor gaze , I think red eye could be that. And it's a clue for the rank or for gift you'll be able to get.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf-Man
    replied
    So.......would anybody like to guess the exact statistics, including gifts, renown and etc. of our new hero? I will start off by saying he's Homid, Full Moon (Ahroun), Fianna Ronin. You can do the rest.....

Leave a comment:

• Grippli
    replied
    There is some very nice concepts art in the media sections of the official website.

http://werewolf-videogame.com/media

EDIT : Also three screenshots in the Epic Game Store website.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/fr/p...d/home?lang=fr

For those who worry about EGS exclusivity : if there is one, it's only regarding preorders (according to Outstar)
    Last edited by Grippli; 06-11-2020, 05:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by Damian May View Post

Not any Penumbra I've come across the last 25 years but we'll see.
    I think the very nature of the Penumbra is, "stuff that looks like stuff in reality but weird."

A lot of the weird webbing and organic growth could be Pattern Spider stuff.

It was the original Silent Hill Otherworld.

Leave a comment:

• Damian May
    replied
    Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

I think that may be the Penumbra.

Not any Penumbra I've come across the last 25 years but we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolf-Man View Post

I was going to address that might be either a effect of passing through the Umbra or some theatrical effect for the trailer. Looking forward to this, when will the game be ready?
    2021 to coincide with the release of WTA5E probably.

Mind you, these trailers are what convinced me it wasn't vaporware like WOD: THE MMORPG

Leave a comment:

• Wolf-Man
    replied
    Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

I was going to address that might be either a effect of passing through the Umbra or some theatrical effect for the trailer. Looking forward to this, when will the game be ready?

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by Damian May View Post
    I'm a little confused by the 'frozen' enemies....but it looks ok.

Leave a comment:

• Damian May
    replied
    I'm a little confused by the 'frozen' enemies....but it looks ok.

Leave a comment:

• Fat Larry
    replied
    Loved, loved, LOVED that trailer. Here's hoping we see some gameplay on the 7th.

Leave a comment:

• Ana Mizuki
    replied

Woo, this is good. Like, it FEELS WtA.

Leave a comment:

• werewolf43
    replied
    Saw trailer. I am happy men now

Leave a comment:

Working...
X