Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corax Creation Rites

I have a simple questions

If Corax are created when you link a spiritual egg to a corvid or human kinfolk, what stops Corax from turning every kinfolk into one of their own (potentially)?

I would think there'd be a limit to the number of available spirit eggs. If that is limited, then it limits the Corax population.

But that is just what's in my head. I don't know if that is canonically the case. It's not been something I've ever thought about, or purposefully researched in the books.

Comment

The big thing? It costs the Corax who performs the rite three permanent Gnosis, succeed or fail, and then comes having to protect the egg from Black Spiral Dancers and mages until it hatches.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

That and Korax can only turn living normal People of the race that they are not born as into Korax. Though iirc it is said that the chance for non Kinfolk is same as Kinfolk so yeah it is mainly the Gnosis cost which make Korax decide long who will get the honor.

As I am from Austria I need to clarify two things.
        First my native language is german and so please point out if the english I write is broken so I can improve.
        Second I do not own VTMV nor any line after M20 because it is not out there and I wait for the translation.

Comment

Why do mages want the eggs?

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
            Why do mages want the eggs?
            Omelets, magical omelets

You've been playing around the magic that is black
            But all the powerful magical mysteries never gave a single thing back

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post
              The big thing? It costs the Corax who performs the rite three permanent Gnosis, succeed or fail, and then comes having to protect the egg from Black Spiral Dancers and mages until it hatches.
              Yup...three permanent Gnosis is major.

Comment

Originally posted by Damian May View Post
                Yup...three permanent Gnosis is major.
                So they only perform one or two times in their life, usually. And it is very rare when BSD corrupt them

Comment

Originally posted by Rock113 View Post
                  So they only perform one or two times in their life, usually. And it is very rare when BSD corrupt them
                  There whas once who minmaxed the hell out of his Corax because he knew, he will not really get further from the stats. That is because his character decided that with Corax more or less guarenteed to increase their numbers he always used his ep to raise gnosis so when he has enough he can make the ritus of the fetish egg. We came to a dozen Korax children of him when he died, sacrificng himself to protect his last child because the wyrm got notice of his breeding plan.

As I am from Austria I need to clarify two things.
                  First my native language is german and so please point out if the english I write is broken so I can improve.
                  Second I do not own VTMV nor any line after M20 because it is not out there and I wait for the translation.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post

Omelets, magical omelets
                    And they're worth every single drop of blood spent on getting them done...

PS: Thanks for the insight, people. It's much clearer now.

Comment

Working...
                    X