• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argonot
    started a topic Corax Creation Rites

Corax Creation Rites

I have a simple questions

If Corax are created when you link a spiritual egg to a corvid or human kinfolk, what stops Corax from turning every kinfolk into one of their own (potentially)?

• Argonot
    replied
    Originally posted by Dwight View Post

Omelets, magical omelets
    And they're worth every single drop of blood spent on getting them done...

PS: Thanks for the insight, people. It's much clearer now.

Leave a comment:

• Koronus
    replied
    Originally posted by Rock113 View Post
    So they only perform one or two times in their life, usually. And it is very rare when BSD corrupt them
    There whas once who minmaxed the hell out of his Corax because he knew, he will not really get further from the stats. That is because his character decided that with Corax more or less guarenteed to increase their numbers he always used his ep to raise gnosis so when he has enough he can make the ritus of the fetish egg. We came to a dozen Korax children of him when he died, sacrificng himself to protect his last child because the wyrm got notice of his breeding plan.

Leave a comment:

• Rock113
    replied
    Originally posted by Damian May View Post
    Yup...three permanent Gnosis is major.
    So they only perform one or two times in their life, usually. And it is very rare when BSD corrupt them

Leave a comment:

• Damian May
    replied
    Originally posted by marin View Post
    The big thing? It costs the Corax who performs the rite three permanent Gnosis, succeed or fail, and then comes having to protect the egg from Black Spiral Dancers and mages until it hatches.
    Yup...three permanent Gnosis is major.

Leave a comment:

• Dwight
    replied
    Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
    Why do mages want the eggs?
    Omelets, magical omelets

Leave a comment:

• Konradleijon
    replied
    Why do mages want the eggs?

Leave a comment:

• Koronus
    replied
    That and Korax can only turn living normal People of the race that they are not born as into Korax. Though iirc it is said that the chance for non Kinfolk is same as Kinfolk so yeah it is mainly the Gnosis cost which make Korax decide long who will get the honor.

Leave a comment:

• marin
    replied
    The big thing? It costs the Corax who performs the rite three permanent Gnosis, succeed or fail, and then comes having to protect the egg from Black Spiral Dancers and mages until it hatches.

Leave a comment:

• Black Fox
    replied
    I would think there'd be a limit to the number of available spirit eggs. If that is limited, then it limits the Corax population.

But that is just what's in my head. I don't know if that is canonically the case. It's not been something I've ever thought about, or purposefully researched in the books.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X