X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock113
    started a topic Dealing with silver?

Dealing with silver?

I wonder how many items(Gifts/Rites/Fetishes/Talens/etc.) can protect Garou from silver, giving them some resistance?

It seems that this flaw is very difficult to overcome, even some level 6 Gifts (for example, Unstoppable Warrior) can’t protect you from it

• Rock113
    replied
    Avoid silver is difficult, after all it is the biggest and most famous flaw of garou, everybody who wants to kill them will use any silver they see

But, if you REALLY encounter a garou who resists silver well, no matter how he did it, avoid him as far as possible... it is just another representation of “I’m a Big guy”

Leave a comment:

• MyWifeIsScary
    replied
    RAW: it's simple: avoid the silver.

Gifts like flame dance, ice clone, Jam weapon, the many many powers that aid in stealth, half of the uktena library. Stealth isn't just for Ragabash, it's for everyone. Otherwise you can stick to breed form.

Option 2
    Armour in the WoD is well undersold. A kevlar vest protects for three damage but the average pistol does a minimum of 4 damage; That just ain't right.

(clothing)
    Class 1
    Class 2
    (kevlar, thin metals)
    Class 3
    Class 4
    (Trauma plates)
    Class 5
    12 or, as I rule, if your gun does less than 12 damage and you score a 1 on a hit roll, you hit the plate and do no damage, if you get more successes you don't hit the armour trauma plate (but may hit other armour the person is wearing)
    Class 6

But for realism I also rule that rifles (not shotguns) half armour class 4 and below. Melee weapons tend to do the same for armour not designed to protect against them.

I speed up the system of avoid large amounts of dice with the rule of -Take Half- for damage and soak (unless it's fire or something that explicitly needs to be rolled)

Leave a comment:

• Rock113
    replied
    Originally posted by heinrich View Post
    Since there are merits that allow for Silver Tolerance, there should be a way to make a single garou permanently immune.
    I recall Gaia Shield, a level 6 Red Talon Gift, which can make you be permanently immune to one kind of technology

Maybe there is an alternative can allow you choose silver

Originally posted by Helur View Post
    Luna's Armor gift is the only pretty decent cover you have from rank 2.
    Other gifts like Luna's Avenger are for high ranked motherfu*ers.
    Luna’s Armor is weak but decent for low rank garou

Luna’s Avenger is a level 5 Silver Fang Gift, it’s very potent and imbalance, but rare too. It won’t appear in most games

I want to design a level 4 (or 3, but it may be too low) Gift, you can soak silver damage as normal add for turns equal to successes...

*I always think Unstoppable Warrior can’t soak silver is odd, it’s a level 6 Gift and shouldn’t be that. Although W20 strengthens it a lot, it is still limited to agg damage except silver
    Last edited by Rock113; 07-31-2020, 04:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Helur
    replied
    Originally posted by Rock113 View Post
    I wonder how many items(Gifts/Rites/Fetishes/Talens/etc.) can protect Garou from silver, giving them some resistance?

It seems that this flaw is very difficult to overcome, even some level 6 Gifts (for example, Unstoppable Warrior) can’t protect you from it
    Luna's Armor gift is the only pretty decent cover you have from rank 2.
    Other gifts like Luna's Avenger are for high ranked motherfu*ers.

Leave a comment:

• heinrich
    replied
    There are some fetishes that provide bonus dice to soak rolls, but it isn't clear if these would apply if the soak pool is 0, because of silver.
    Torc of protection or heimdal's shield come into mind. There are a few armour fetishes and armour usually allows for silver soak.

I guess Prime could temporarily suppress the weakness or change it to something else. Since there are merits that allow for Silver Tolerance, there should be a way to make a single garou permanently immune.

Leave a comment:

• Rock113
    replied
    Just a thought: If you can jump out of the WtA, maybe you could find some solutions

For instance, high level Prime sphere may make you modify the supernatural curse, at some level

I suppose there may be Rotes including Prime 5, making you remove the curse... temporarily? And Prime 6 (If archspheres is a thing, it may only need many more successes in M20) can make this permanently, just like that Rote turning vampire into mortal

Or there are some level 5-6 WtA things simply can do this...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X