X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mahjemm01
    started a topic That wall had it coming

That wall had it coming

So running some action scenes with my Garou Troupe, and I wasn't able to find anywhere it mentions what kind of advantage, or even damage, for throwing a target threw a closed window or against a wall. I am thinking it's in there and I'm just missing it. But maybe y'all can direct me to the right spot or just go ahead and say it. Appreciate it ahead of time

• Mahjemm01
    replied
    Ah. Knew I was missing something. Thanks HighPriest. After posting and got to really thinking bout it, I was thinking that the surface would determine the type of damage.....lethal for glass window or door, bashing for sheetrock and 2x4s for example. And then also the material would determine how much damage....for example, Strength +1 for a window, Strength+2 B for a house interior wall, while a cinder block would be like Strength+2 L.

Leave a comment:

• HighPriest
    replied
    Originally posted by Dwight View Post
    I would just treat it as a strength damage with bashing. No matter how hard the wall is you can only throw something at it so hard
    Gravity would disagree with you. That said, I'm not aware of a definite answer to the posted question, and I agree that just using normal bashing damage for a clinch type grapple would work best most of the time. I might make some or all of it lethal if they're going through glass shards, as in the case of a window or glass door.

[EDIT] Actually, looking at the W20 book, the Body Slam maneuver under Dirty Fighting on p. 298 seems like a better answer. It suggests Strength + 2, likely because it takes two actions, one to grab, the second to slam. It also suggests switching to lethal for sharp, spiked, or very hot surfaces.
    Last edited by HighPriest; 08-10-2020, 10:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dwight
    replied
    I would just treat it as a strength damage with bashing. No matter how hard the wall is you can only throw something at it so hard

Leave a comment:

Working...
X