• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is W5 still happening?

Comment

• Originally posted by omenseer View Post
      Is W5 still happening?

Apparently, but as Paradox doesn't really communicate like a normal company its hard to find the info.

Comment

• I think each day I like WtA less personally. The problem is what I think would make it better in W5 for me seems to go against what the real fans of WtA like or at least would like in W5, so it's a good thing I ain't the designer or writer for it lol
        But I'm really interested to see how they will deal with W5, cuz, as Heavy Arms touched upon, the 4th editions (20th anniversary) of WoD still felt like 90s games. But although at first I had some small gripes with V5, I've grown to enjoy it by a lot. Now, more than most media, RPG permits us to make "canon" whatever we want in our table, so I'm happy with whatever W5 throw at us, be it system, cosmology or plot. But also hope that as many people as possible can enjoy and be satisfied by W5, that it fits their tastes and wants, etc.

But I guess the thread is more about the cosmology and plot instead of mechanics right? It seems most people agree that the system could do well with an improvement and update, whatever it may be. Although I wonder if combat will stay the same as V5 does, because a werewolf combat taking 3 turns sounds a bit weird (although it's just an optional rule for quickness tbh).

Strange... When coincidence seems too convenient, I prefer to call it fate.

-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain d=

Comment

• Originally posted by Banu_Saulot View Post
          I think each day I like WtA less personally. The problem is what I think would make it better in W5 for me seems to go against what the real fans of WtA like or at least would like in W5, so it's a good thing I ain't the designer or writer for it lol
          But I'm really interested to see how they will deal with W5, cuz, as Heavy Arms touched upon, the 4th editions (20th anniversary) of WoD still felt like 90s games. But although at first I had some small gripes with V5, I've grown to enjoy it by a lot. Now, more than most media, RPG permits us to make "canon" whatever we want in our table, so I'm happy with whatever W5 throw at us, be it system, cosmology or plot. But also hope that as many people as possible can enjoy and be satisfied by W5, that it fits their tastes and wants, etc.

But I guess the thread is more about the cosmology and plot instead of mechanics right? It seems most people agree that the system could do well with an improvement and update, whatever it may be. Although I wonder if combat will stay the same as V5 does, because a werewolf combat taking 3 turns sounds a bit weird (although it's just an optional rule for quickness tbh).
          I’m the inverse. Ive been loving apocalypse more lately. Mechanically I suspect they’ll utilize the same combat mechanics as v5. With their “one world of darkness” tag, I don’t suspect they’ll be changing it.

WoD-Dark Eras!! (Backed for Viking Age Werewolf)

Comment

• Originally posted by BadFurryFanFic View Post

Apparently, but as Paradox doesn't really communicate like a normal company its hard to find the info.

Given that the equivalent of the JHD is being written it looks like W5 is definately in the pipeline.. but has been significantly delayed.

Comment

• I suspected W5 would arrive in 2021. With the Werewolf products (two PC/Console games) making a bit of a hype buildup. I'm excited to see it either way, but WoD does best when it is given time.

Strange... When coincidence seems too convenient, I prefer to call it fate.

-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain d=

Comment

• Originally posted by Lyrics Of War View Post

I’m the inverse. Ive been loving apocalypse more lately. Mechanically I suspect they’ll utilize the same combat mechanics as v5. With their “one world of darkness” tag, I don’t suspect they’ll be changing it.
                That has the potential to be a terrible fit. W:tA prefers a level of splatter that would probably upset V:tM players something fierce.

Comment

Working...
                X