Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you wish they’ll detail Shinzui Industries more?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you wish they’ll detail Shinzui Industries more?

I know that it was in the end games book, but that wasn’t about it’s products or holdings. And more in its plan to separate the gauntlet.

It seems that Spider mama doesn’t get near a much attention as the Wyrm.

I don't know anything about Shinzui. What is it?

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
    Exalted and cWoD book list. Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors.

Comment

It’s basically weaver pentex. And that all the info they wrote about it.

Comment

Well in that case, yeah it could use some fleshing out.

In my headcanon, Facebook (or the equivalent) exists in the WoD, and it's run by Technocrats. Besides making tons of money selling everyone’s personal data, they use it aggressively to manipulate politics and the Consensus, and promote authoritarianism; are trying to convert personal data directly into tass; and are tracking relationships between people to hunt down ‘reality deviants’ and their mortal associates’ ordinary mortal dissidents, free-thinkers, and activists; and use personal data and relationships to find potential Technocratic recruits.

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
        Exalted and cWoD book list. Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors.

Comment

Yes! I do wish that. In my headcanon Shinzui is a major rival of Mikoshi Enterprises (a front for the White Metal Dragons) in the Japanese hardtech market. What do you guys think?

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
            Yes! I do wish that. In my headcanon Shinzui is a major rival of Mikoshi Enterprises (a front for the White Metal Dragons) in the Japanese hardtech market. What do you guys think?
            Wait isn’t the White Metal Dragons the Technocracy in Asia, because in White Wolf Asia is super special awesome, when compared to the rest of the world? And even the Umbra is different,

Plus the Hsien have nothing to do with the dreaming, but it’s was considered a Changling book for some reason.

Comment

The White Metal Dragons are one of the newly-renamed Five Elemental Dragons in Technocracy Reloaded (Asian mages similar in some ways to the European Technocracy and very different in other ways). At least I think I got that right...

The Hsien are Asian fae, but are connected to Heaven instead of the Dreaming, just like the Nunnehi are tied to the Middle Umbra.

Comment

My understanding is that Mages similar to the European Order of Reason arose also in Arab lands during the Arab golden age of science (forming the Mokteshaf al Nour) and in China and adjecent lands (forming the Dalou'laoshi and now the Five Elemental Dragons). I would expect something similar arose or could have arisen in South Asia which was/is another center of scientific thought, but I don't know of any canon example.

Are the Dragons just as genocidal as the Western Technocrats?

Comment

Shinzui Industries was described in the Book of the Weaver. I don't remember it being mentioned in any other sourcebook. It has about two pages of description. It's a large Japanese corporation that has both native Hakken Garou and kinfolk, and Hong Kong Glass Walkers in its management. However, they've stopped showing up to any tribal or sept moots. Its board of directors serve the Weaver through various means (some are Drones, others aren't). And that's about all. So it is more of plot hook for individual ST's to develop as they want.

I personally don't find the hook interesting, and we're not given enough other details about the company (what kind of products does it make, specific goals and projects, etc.) to provide me any real inspiration.

If I was going to do anything, I'd probably find some Japanese cyberpunk anime that I found interesting and reskin it by using the Shinzui name, since that is obviously what's going on. If I was ever going to do some kind of Weaver activity through a corporation, I'd probably use it as well. But my interests don't lie in that way, so I'll likely never use it.

However, like many fictional WoD corporations, I may name drop it here and there just to provide more WoD flavor to the chronicle background.

Comment

Yeah, I’d like to see more because I think that would be interesting to flesh out but I do also appreciate what we already have that we could use as inspiration.

More then information on PENTEX or Shinzui in particular though, what I would really like is something along the lines of “Walker’s Guide to Enemy Corporations”, maybe something a spiritual companion of successor to Monkeywrencher’s guide.

An exploration of corporations in general and how they can be used as antagonists in WtA (and WoD in general) and how they propagate Weaver and Wyrm taint. I’d particularly like to see a section and Weaver and Wyrm corporations in general that talk about groups that are tainted by or infiltrated by the triat that ARE’NT Pentex.

That’s just me though.

Comment

No. The Dragons are much less hostile toward more mystically-oriented mages than Western Technocrats are. Though I think the White Metal Dragons in particular tend to be more Cyberpunk-ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Gryffon15 View Post
                        Yeah, I’d like to see more because I think that would be interesting to flesh out but I do also appreciate what we already have that we could use as inspiration.

More then information on PENTEX or Shinzui in particular though, what I would really like is something along the lines of “Walker’s Guide to Enemy Corporations”, maybe something a spiritual companion of successor to Monkeywrencher’s guide.

An exploration of corporations in general and how they can be used as antagonists in WtA (and WoD in general) and how they propagate Weaver and Wyrm taint. I’d particularly like to see a section and Weaver and Wyrm corporations in general that talk about groups that are tainted by or infiltrated by the triat that ARE’NT Pentex.

That’s just me though.
                        That would be cool, showing how Compnies in WOD are tainted by the occult, and written as a guide to a Glass Walker wanting to beat them on their own game.

Comment

Glad ya think so, but yeah, I always try to show that PENTEX, Shinzui, and DNA are not the end-all be-all of triat tainted corporate structures.

Comment

Yeah well there’s barely any info on Shinzui anyways so yeah more Weaver companies,

Comment

DNA originally was just an example of a modern hunter of werewolves, without any greater ties to the occult. (Though there were statements that some of the high tech they used to capture werewolves came from the Technocracy.) But at some point, that changed to them becoming a tool of the Weaver.

Personally, I did not like the change. DNA went from being a mundane organization just exposed to the supernatural and trying to understand it (and making lots of mistakes doing so), to just another supernatural faction. I think the earlier depiction was much more interesting. And with DNA being changed, the game suddenly didn't have a "hunter" antagonist any longer which I felt created a gap in the setting. (By the time I actually began playing the game, this change had already been made. But once I began collecting earlier material and came across the original depiction, I found I liked it a lot better).

But I understand many people didn't see DNA as a "hunter", but more of a "super science" organization that had to be explained and thus became more super-powered and the Weaver was a natural thing to explain it.

Comment

Working...
                              X