Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you wish they’ll detail Shinzui Industries more?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Fox View Post
    DNA originally was just an example of a modern hunter of werewolves, without any greater ties to the occult. (Though there were statements that some of the high tech they used to capture werewolves came from the Technocracy.) But at some point, that changed to them becoming a tool of the Weaver.

Personally, I did not like the change. DNA went from being a mundane organization just exposed to the supernatural and trying to understand it (and making lots of mistakes doing so), to just another supernatural faction. I think the earlier depiction was much more interesting. And with DNA being changed, the game suddenly didn't have a "hunter" antagonist any longer which I felt created a gap in the setting. (By the time I actually began playing the game, this change had already been made. But once I began collecting earlier material and came across the original depiction, I found I liked it a lot better).

But I understand many people didn't see DNA as a "hunter", but more of a "super science" organization that had to be explained and thus became more super-powered and the Weaver was a natural thing to explain it.
    DNA is hardly presented as supernatural, since they continually beat their heads against the wall trying to understand how Garou do things and have no actual "magic" equipment. They "serve" the Weaver almost entirely in the abstract sense of being driven to make the world sanitized, as one of their aims is to eliminate the "disease" of GLS. Pulling any kind of unexpected trick against them in an encounter will generally result in their teams being set on the back foot, and one can only imagine the shock to their Derelex Lupus-7 addled minds if they gazed upon an Archid Mokole in the flesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Fox View Post
      DNA originally was just an example of a modern hunter of werewolves, without any greater ties to the occult. (Though there were statements that some of the high tech they used to capture werewolves came from the Technocracy.) But at some point, that changed to them becoming a tool of the Weaver.

Personally, I did not like the change. DNA went from being a mundane organization just exposed to the supernatural and trying to understand it (and making lots of mistakes doing so), to just another supernatural faction. I think the earlier depiction was much more interesting. And with DNA being changed, the game suddenly didn't have a "hunter" antagonist any longer which I felt created a gap in the setting. (By the time I actually began playing the game, this change had already been made. But once I began collecting earlier material and came across the original depiction, I found I liked it a lot better).

But I understand many people didn't see DNA as a "hunter", but more of a "super science" organization that had to be explained and thus became more super-powered and the Weaver was a natural thing to explain it.
      Wait wasn’t D.N.A introduced in book of weaver.

Comment

DNA was introduced in the first edition Werewolf corebook, so it has literally been a part of the game since day one.

Comment

Originally posted by Gryffon15 View Post
          Yeah, I’d like to see more because I think that would be interesting to flesh out but I do also appreciate what we already have that we could use as inspiration.

More then information on PENTEX or Shinzui in particular though, what I would really like is something along the lines of “Walker’s Guide to Enemy Corporations”, maybe something a spiritual companion of successor to Monkeywrencher’s guide.

An exploration of corporations in general and how they can be used as antagonists in WtA (and WoD in general) and how they propagate Weaver and Wyrm taint. I’d particularly like to see a section and Weaver and Wyrm corporations in general that talk about groups that are tainted by or infiltrated by the triat that ARE’NT Pentex.

That’s just me though.
          Have you seen this thread?

Comment

I have, it’s really cool! I recommend it a great deal!

Comment

Working...
            X