If all shapechangers unit again?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock113
    started a topic If all shapechangers unit again?

If all shapechangers unit again?

We know all shapechangers united at first, but then War of Rage happened and they scattered. Today this still remains except some regional alliances (Beast Courts, etc.). But if they do unit again? What will it look like? Will the force of Gaia be much greater?

The first thing I can imagine is a much larger Beast Court, or can I call it “Beast Nation”? They will share an united system of Gifts/Auspices/Renown/etc. You can buy Gifts cheaper and have many more choices, after all all sorts of Gifts are folded into the one

I know Changing Breeds and the Shattered Dream of W20

• MyWifeIsScary
    replied
    Originally posted by Rock113 View Post
    One of the reasons I like WW’s Asian stuff is they want to construct an unified world, the Chi system (supernatural energy), a harmony supernatural world, a more open World of Darkness
    That's the reason I don't like the Asian stuff
    -It doesn't fit with the rest of the setting
    -It's built on the idea that the brand of orientalism where the west is bad and thus the east is good. In the real world, Europeans get along with other Europeans a lot better than Asians get along with other Asians. The Clash between modernity and keeping traditions might work well for art but it tends to make the little people suffer and businesses difficult as confucian and fuedal mindsets permeate everything. Europeans had many parrallel traditions and got rid of those traditions because they were a problem holding them down after all. That the Beast courts aren't near totally dysfunctional, that the breeds don't mostly keep to themselves and single breed sentais, and that they're doing any better than everyone west is totally baffling. Look how fast the east is industrializing. Look at how many far-right regimes they've got going; Why are the beast courts depicted as successful? Because they were written by weebs

Africa? Huge place. The size is the only reason why the Lions or the Hyenas haven't killed most of the rest like the Garou did. The union they've got going on is too optimistic.

Leave a comment:

• Koronus
    replied
    I think to read somewhere that if it would be possible for all Fera to unite again, than can the loosing fight turned back into a slowly winning one.

Leave a comment:

• Rock113
    replied
    If they can really unit I think it will be an interesting game, Beast Courts does provide a template. We will have an unified system and can play many "crossover" games...
    Last edited by Rock113; 08-16-2020, 01:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Erinys
    replied
    Just forming such a union is only half the battle. The Ahadi, both in PGttCB and CB20, has huge internal fractures and people who f**ing hate each other and only cooperate for now because they haven't yet hatched their plan to bring down the alliance and resume their genocidal wars. After you get the Changing-Breeds of X-Land to work together, then you have to spend decades, or generations, unlearning the hatred and distrust that has built up, forgiving the atrocities committed by each side, dispelling the lies and slander, and truly building trust and friendship. The Beast Courts presumably had to overcome this hurdle after the War of Shame, and who knows how long it took. The Ahadi could be torn apart or it could endure until the Twelfth Age and beyond ... depending on what the shapeshifters (and PCs) do and say.

Leave a comment:

• Gryffon15
    replied
    I’ll go so far as to say this - if the Changing Breeds ever united they would definitively be closer to recreating the Balance triat and restoring Gaia to Her full health and power. If my players ever achieved something this monumental, I would tell them that straight up. It would be one of the great deeds that is on the path towards victory against the fallen triat and defying Apocalypse.

It wouldn’t be a perfect victory to be sure. They would also need to work and realign the fallen triat, free the Wyrm without destroying the world, and returning humanity to accordance with Gaia and the Balanced Triat; all without destroying everything in this delicate time. Also optionally, finding a way to restore the lost breeds would definitely put them on track for achieving the ‘True End’ of my WtA, or at least a Good End.

I think that the uniting of the breeds and the establishment of a new order are both the things that could make up an entire chronicle. Heck, uniting the Garou with ANY ONE breed could be a chronicle. In general though, I imagine it’s a struggle to find balance without destroying the union and striving to return to as close they can get to the original order and solidarity.

We do already have forms of a sort with the Beast Courts of Central & East Asia and the optional Ahadi of Africa (and my own head canon ‘Pure Nation’ which is a rather loose alliance of the breeds of the Pure Lands made in attempt to survive the Wyrm Bringers). Any one of these organizations could serve as an inspiration, although none are perfect and the new Beast Nation wouldn’t be perfect either, but if it could be formed - like they were formed - it could be another step closer.

Leave a comment:

• Erinys
    replied
    If they could reunite, it would definitely make Gaia's forces much stronger. They waste tons of time and lives fighting each other, and failing to coordinate anything or share information.

It took fighting the Yama Kings to bring the Beast Courts together, and it took fighting Black Tooth to bring the Ahadi together. It would take similar circumstances, hard work, and humility to create alliances elsewhere. The War in the Amazon is starting to form up a multi-Breed coalition, though, in Revised material like PGttCB. So there is some hope there, at least.

Leave a comment:

• Rock113
    replied
    One of the reasons I like WW’s Asian stuff is they want to construct an unified world, the Chi system (supernatural energy), a harmony supernatural world, a more open World of Darkness

Leave a comment:

Working...
X